Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High kicks are a waste of time unless the other guy is very tired, they take too long, waste energy,and can leave you off balance. kicks below the waist are best. If the other guy tries to catch these he leaves his head and upper body open to hand attacks. the best way to handle bigger people are to chop them down to a lower level (leg kicks) then kick them in the head.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKSON
    Learn to grapple, then you can kick all you want without fear of takedown. (Anderson Silva, Carlos Condit, Miguel Torres{MMA Champs})
    If you learn to grapple/wrestle REALLY well, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want (Genki Sudo).

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lonedragon01
    High kicks are a waste of time unless the other guy is very tired, they take too long, waste energy,and can leave you off balance. kicks below the waist are best.
    *slaps lonedragon01*

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBadGuy
    If you learn to grapple/wrestle REALLY well, you can pretty much do whatever the hell you want (Genki Sudo).
    I love his style. Trickery will always win.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    High kicks are a waste of time unless the other guy is very tired, they take too long, waste energy,and can leave you off balance. kicks below the waist are best. If the other guy tries to catch these he leaves his head and upper body open to hand attacks. the best way to handle bigger people are to chop them down to a lower level (leg kicks) then kick them in the head.
    you clearly lack kicking skill or have been told this by an overweight inflexible instructor who hopes to justify his uselessness

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just telling it like it is. high kicks are mainly for movies and showing off. the higher the kicks get the less power generated. I'm surprised that a muay thai guy would think leg kicks are useless. take a guys base away he loses power in kicks and punches. you don't have to be flexible or thin to kick ass.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    high kicks are mainly for movies and showing off. the higher the kicks get the less power generated. I'm surprised that a muay thai guy would think leg kicks are useless. take a guys base away he loses power in kicks and punches. you don't have to be flexible or thin to kick ass.
    I take it you don't know who Cro Cop is (was). Also, nobody said leg kicks are useless, that's about as retarded as saying high kicks are useless.

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just telling it like it is. high kicks are mainly for movies and showing off. the higher the kicks get the less power generated.
    *slaps lonedragon01 harder than the first time*
    go and learn how to kick and then come back

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How do kicks come into play for my fighting?

I throw them.

They sometimes land, sometimes don't.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    just telling it like it is. high kicks are mainly for movies and showing off. the higher the kicks get the less power generated. I'm surprised that a muay thai guy would think leg kicks are useless. take a guys base away he loses power in kicks and punches. you don't have to be flexible or thin to kick ass.
    have you ever been to a Kyokushin tourney?? if you can kick someone in the head who knows that it is probably coming and is resisting 100% and it still lands, then that makes it effecive.. high kicks work, its all about the setup.

Page 5 of 11 First 123456789 ... Last