232835 Bullies, 3758 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 9:11am

Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a problem with your stepping into the kick.
    This opens you to knees and elbows and I can kick from the clinch (yeah it is more of a mix of kick with the shin and knee but it is a kick with hip rotation and all that)
    And more important when you step in you open yourself for a variety of kicks (and more important strikes). I am not saying it is impossible but I would really like to see this in action against somebody with decent kicking/striking.
    Best way to avoid an attack is to circle away, get out of the "line of fire" so to say. Opens up new angles and forces your opponent to find his distance again, reset his guard to the new situation and all... just saying.
    Sometimes you lose and sometimes the other guy wins.

At this point I don't owe anybody an explenation.

Schools I trained at:
    Lotus Club Cetepe Liberdade Sao Paulo
    Renzo Gracie NYC
    New York Combat Sambo

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 9:16am

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i'll definately take you up on that offer Sang when ever i'm heading to brisbane. I've been looking for gyms like that in perth but unfortunately i can't find a gym like that in perth.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 9:23am

Style: Arnis, BJJ, Judo (noob)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    I have a problem with your stepping into the kick.
    This opens you to knees and elbows and I can kick from the clinch (yeah it is more of a mix of kick with the shin and knee but it is a kick with hip rotation and all that)
    And more important when you step in you open yourself for a variety of kicks (and more important strikes). I am not saying it is impossible but I would really like to see this in action against somebody with decent kicking/striking.
    Best way to avoid an attack is to circle away, get out of the "line of fire" so to say. Opens up new angles and forces your opponent to find his distance again, reset his guard to the new situation and all... just saying.
    Yea i'm aware of that problem with stepping in it tends to work more against people who aren't use to fighting at a close distance. With circling you are right about that and i tend to use that tactic against people when stepping in doesn't.

Posted On:
    7/29/2008 9:34am

Style: MMA, Yoga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    That's a cool thing to do, Sang. Sounds like a great school.
    Its a great gym, i chose the school before knowing about this too so it was a nice bonus. Trained about a month and then got told i should come along on Saturdays to get some more sparring in before my fight. I rock up and it's pretty much a bullshido throw down full of people better than me.

The offer goes for anyone here really, pm me and i'll give you the school name, time and address and pay your $5 mat fee.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011