Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 9:50pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: PROGRESSIVE KALI SILAT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Progressive Kali Silat

Lacosta Kali/Kuntao blend. Heavy on two man drills, Siniwali, sumbrato, Heaven, knife, sword & dagger, trapping, hubud, foot trapping, locks and submissions, polisuts, switches, disarms, limb destructions, nasty take downs. And that's just the first lesson! Welcome to Progressive Kali Silat!

This dojo is located in a barn, and it is a great training facility. Everything here is made by hand (spring loaded wing chun dummies of various types, jointed posts for stick work, spinning sticks, even the training knives are made here). Mike tabor always spends two hours per session personaly working with each student. Since the focus is limb destructions, a true full contact sparring session is not possible. To add protective gear, is to "dumb down" the style, relying on simple beatings and ignoring the adhesion and trapping side. We train to take our opponent down hard and quick. No BS.

Official Site is http://www.progressivekalisilat.com

Also check out http://www.kali-silat.com
    Last edited by Northstorm; 5/20/2008 9:58pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 4:26pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: AIKIDO,jujutsu,kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is very nice I like that martial art and i think there should be no 1 saying that it is BS just because "It's not effective in the ring". That is something that you train if you want to kill.

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 6:24pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Pencak Silat

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hell yeah! its always about BJJ, well that BS will get U killed on the streets in a real fight! thats why im learning Mustika Kweetang Pencak Silat from my dad!

Posted On:
    8/11/2008 6:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: sambo/crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is one of the better reviews of a mid-tier school. Thanks to the OP for not embellishing the scores!

I still think that alive training is really necessary, its easy to make the adjustments. Don't undervalue protective gear for occasional work IMO.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 1:15pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/ JKD/ KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by metodi
    This is very nice I like that martial art and i think there should be no 1 saying that it is BS just because "It's not effective in the ring". That is something that you train if you want to kill.
    Actually many of the moves in Kali can be used in the ring. They are actually geared more towards real street defense than anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/22/2008 1:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA/ JKD/ KALI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pencaksilatsam9
    hell yeah! its always about BJJ, well that BS will get U killed on the streets in a real fight! thats why im learning Mustika Kweetang Pencak Silat from my dad!
    I practiced JKD and BJJ and I agree with you that BJJ is not as effective against an armed opponent. Silat is a much more hardcore martial arts when dealing with weapons.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2009 11:22pm

Style: JKD, BJJ, FMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can't fathom why BJJ would be an effective martial art against an armed opponent; it has nothing to do with weapons.

EDIT: sorry about the thread necro; I didn't notice this thread ended in september.