Page 2 of 2 First 12
    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ... Join us... or die
    Style
    KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well let me put it like this, the Karate I took was the closest I ever got to a McDojo, class size of 100 Kids with 2 instructors, no technique taught properly, it goes on... when you are about 12 and notice that your training is bullshit it is a kind of give away that it is bullshit.
    I can't emphasize that enough, it all depends on the school/trainer. There are good schools in almost every style. Just go there and take some free lessons, if you like it and not looking for self-defence, get happy at what ever style you like.
    And Judo is not necessarily ground game, again depends on the school/trainer.
    It is hard to know in advance what is good/bad in terms of MAs when you have no experience.

PS: on the kicks, one of my instructors has a saying, there are two ways to kick a guy in the head, either you are good and do it fast and hard at once or you just kick the hight of the knee three times. (Kill the knee --> goes on the knees, kick him in the balls--> bends over, kick him in the head).

Style
    Wing Chun
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    Well let me put it like this, the Karate I took was the closest I ever got to a McDojo, class size of 100 Kids with 2 instructors, no technique taught properly, it goes on... when you are about 12 and notice that your training is bullshit it is a kind of give away that it is bullshit.
    I can't emphasize that enough, it all depends on the school/trainer. There are good schools in almost every style. Just go there and take some free lessons, if you like it and not looking for self-defence, get happy at what ever style you like.
    And Judo is not necessarily ground game, again depends on the school/trainer.
    It is hard to know in advance what is good/bad in terms of MAs when you have no experience.

PS: on the kicks, one of my instructors has a saying, there are two ways to kick a guy in the head, either you are good and do it fast and hard at once or you just kick the hight of the knee three times. (Kill the knee --> goes on the knees, kick him in the balls--> bends over, kick him in the head).
    I see. Thanks for the input.

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by New2MA
    I don't think I could pull off those kicks (or Karate kicks) in an actual fight.
    you won't pull off much WC in an actual fight either.

you'll learn a few things, but not much will be useful for fighting, and you may have trouble figuring out what may work in the real world and what won't.

still, it's better than nothing.

Page 2 of 2 First 12