Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:13am

Style: This and that

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The knee only bends one way, so it might cause a lot of damage under ideal conditions, but how often does that happen? Much easier just to shoot a front kick right under the patella, it hurts like hell and its faster too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:18pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The knee is a great target. There's a number of kicks that will work whether it's the front, back, outside, or inside aspect.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:30pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've been kicked in the knee and went down from the pain, it hurts like hell. He was doing a leg kick and since I didn'r raise my leg toblock fast enough, it accidentaly hit my knee. But he hit me on the side of the knee. Kicking someone in the front of the knee(If their leg is not straight at least) usually is more painful for the one kicking.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    by the way that was a shin kick, I'm not sure if a side/front kick would have the same effect

MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 11:37am

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've occasionally seen setups (mostly from CMA) where the leg will be pulled out with a foot sweep, leaving it extended for a stomp to the knee.
    Generally a lead leg foot sweep, though. Ringworm, could you please elaborate on what a "back spinning footsweep" is? Are you referring to the low spinning "Mortal Kombat" sweep where you put both hands on the floor?
    I think knee/shin kicking might also be partially subject to footwear in terms of guaging it's effectiveness. A bare foot hitting a knee is likely to hurt the foot more, as the knee is harder. But what about a hard dress shoe hitting the knee?

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 2:53pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of my sparring partners hits me with a side kick to the front of the knee sometimes, and it doesnt do **** except open him up to get punched. It does not hurt at all.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:25pm

Style: Panda Punch

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I sparred someone a few months ago who liked to teep and sidekick the knee straight on. Caught me off guard at first since I've never seen it before, but once I knew to look out for it, it wasn't any trouble. Doesn't really hurt, and it's easy to avoid.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 3:31pm

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMcClaw
    Ringworm, could you please elaborate on what a "back spinning footsweep" is? Are you referring to the low spinning "Mortal Kombat" sweep where you put both hands on the floor?
    There are two "back spinning footsweep" kicks we teach. One, you go to a knee when you spin and sweep the foot and the other one you don't go all the way down to one knee. They're not moves for people with bad knees, that's for sure.

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 4:35pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The teep to the kneecap is definatly used in Muay Thai. Its not a fight finisher, it is, much like any teep kick used to disrupt your opponent and bring him out of his game. Do it to him while he is moving forward. Try it in sparring sessions, just do it slowly and with minumum force in training to avoid injuries.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 4:56pm

Style: JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    YouTube - LeeMurray.vs.AndersonSilva pt 1

YouTube - LeeMurray.vs.AndersonSilva pt 2

YouTube - LeeMurray.vs.AndersonSilva pt 3

I recently made a thread on this fight over at MAP because it's the only MMA fight I've seen where someone employs straight kicks to the knee effectively. In the 2nd and/or 3rd round, Anderson Silva starts kicking the dogshit out of Murray's lead leg - roundhouse kicks, stomps to the knee. He destroys that poor boy's leg to the point where he can hardly get around anymore. It was beautiful and painful to watch. Brilliant fight otherwise as well.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast