• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

An American Hero!

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 12:25am

Business Class Supporting Membersupporting member
     TryKickboxingNow.com - Free Internet Marketing for Kickboxing Programs! Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol at do real Kempo, so do what Kempo set out to originally do but never could? All the Kempo guys around Long Island are trying to jump on the Kaju wagon, claiming its just like regular Kempo because they know that their style is a horrible piece of ****.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 6:34am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kempo, Kyokushin n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    GIJoe, you are correct. They're doing that so that they have a name people respect even if what they're teaching is still crap, that's obvious. It's kinda like TKD schools saying they teach hapkido when all they do is add some throws and wristlocks into their current curriculum. What I meant by "real" Kempo was something like the CHA 3 Kenpo that was started directly by top students of Chow or Emperado. Unfortunately Nick Cerio Kempo at this point seems to have headed the same direction as Shaolin Kempo.

Enforcer of Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc.

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 9:51am

supporting member
     Style: Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *puts his 2 back in his pocket*
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 2:59pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Savate (LBF/SD/LC) - BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is that ke?po is just a too general name to find a good lineage/style when you are a complete outsider.
    I was looking for a kempo-style to add to my training because the BJJ is now pulling my HKD and JJJ too much to the grappling side.
    I did Muay Thai but I didn't really liked it has a solo style.
    So I started to look around for gwon beop (errant influences and a likeing of Korean arts), but that doesn't exist here in Belgium.
    So I searched for Kajukembo because it has a solid reputation ( or so I thought) and because with the freestyle and german jujutsu that I did when I was younger I could faster learn this system since both styles have a base that is Kyokushin, Judo, Muay Thai. Freestyle adds Greco-roman wrestling and Sanda too that base. GeJJ adds Aikido too that Base.
    So I found 1 Kaju-club in whole Belgium and it's in Brussels (14 miles from my home), man I was happy like a little kid on christmas day until I read the CV of the trainer: technicly an other kempo-stylist that had some seminairs with Kaju-members and then joined his club to the Kaju-organisation.
    So now my dilemma is: how can I see if what they teach is the real deal or just a marketing scam. I don't wanna train for years to find out that I did some major LARPing.

Errant can't you open a new Buddist Temple here in Leuven, with Gwon Beop classes, I would even shave of my hair for that.
    Last edited by Rene "Zendokan" Gysenbergs; 7/10/2008 3:02pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:04pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oooooo....Belgium....

I will require lots of chocolate, Chimay, Duvel, & whatever else you can recommend...

And a date with the cutest girl in the Belgian branch of the Pyeongsan Shin clan, between the ages of 21 & 35.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:13pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You got the chocolate,chimay, duvel, waffles, Konick, Leffe, Palm, Corsendonck, Hoegaarden, Stella, Verboden vrucht, Jupiler, and a few hundred more beers...

Don't know the Pyeongsan Shin clan ( hole in my culture, I guess), but there are some very beautiful Korean girls here. (there is an korean district in Brussels).

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:14pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    and a Chinese, Japanese and Thai district also.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:15pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Pyeongsan Shin are one of the few remaining noble clans from the Koryo dynasty. A large group of them have been living in Belgium since the Norkos took over their ancestral land.

fist first Philosopher

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:30pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Euh, Errant, I got some bad news but the only of the Pyeongsan Shin clan is Dr. Jonathan Shin de Pyeongsan ( male, born in 1975) that lives in Belgium. So unless you are an practisener of shudo, I would sujest to go for the more chomen korean girls here. Still considered the most beautiful women of the asian continent, even if i say so myself.

Posted On:
    7/10/2008 3:38pm

Style: Shotokan/Shorin Ryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a Kempo School in my area ( Long Island) that state a lineage to Nick Cerio and a Kenpo School with a Lineage to Sensei Greg Silva

Ive checked both schools. The instructors seemed very good and very accomplished

The question I have and its a legitimate one , why is every one or most every one down on these schools.
    I have watched classes in both , and took one in the Kenpo school , it was enjoyable.

I have no background in Kempo or Kenpo so Im trying to understand the hostility.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast