Dorkus Malorkus

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 6:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Concealed Carry Holsters

I need information on concealed holsters for the glock 19 and the glock 26. I'm looking for inside the pants waistband holsters, but any other suggestions are welcome.
    Last edited by ojgsxr6; 5/17/2008 11:24pm at .

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 2:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I highly recommend Comp-Tac holsters http://www.comp-tac.com/, if you are looking for kydex. If you want leather, then take your pick from any of the quality custom holster makers like Milt Sparks http://www.miltsparks.com/ on the high end to AKJ Concealco http://www.greatholsters.com/ on the more reasonably priced end.

I used to conceal a Glock 35 using a Comp-Tac C-T.A.C.(IWB) and it was an excellent holster. Currently, I use a AKJ Concealco IWB with a Ruger SP-101 .357mag and it is a well crafted piece of leather at a reasonable price and delivery time. Comp-Tac will get your holster to you in about a week and AKJ about 1.5 months. If you choose to go with Milt Sparks or High Noon or any of the upper end custom makers you could potentially wait 4 to 6 months.

If you have any more questions about holsters or anything relating to concealed carry, I'd be happy to help.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 8:50pm

Style: Krav Maga/ Judo noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i like galco belt holsters and just wear a baggier shirt. I have yet found a good IWB holster that coasts less then $100. yet plenty of quality holsters that sit on the belt .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 12:56pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mitch Rosen makes some of the best, and it's always a tie between them and Milt Sparks (Tony and co. really know their stuff over at Sparks).

One of Rosen's ARG or Workman holsters may be what you're looking for, depending on whether you need to tuck a shirt in, or not.

http://mitchrosen.com/product_line/h...waistband.html

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 2:21pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA, Pitying Fools

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've got a Milt Sparks Summer Special II. I carry my Glock 19 in it pretty much all day every day. It's so comfy I often forget it's even there. Then I panic and go "Oh, ****! Where's my fuckin gun?" Then I pat my hip and go, "Oh. There it is." People stare.

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 12:36pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Novice (box, jiu-jitsu)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There might be another topic about this, but I think this is on-topic: anyone know a good holster/way to conceal knives? I live in Europe, so it's difficult to get firearms here, and impossible to carry them concealed, without some serious ass-kicking by the police, after you've been dumb enough to get caught.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/03/2008 1:34pm

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why not just clip a folder to your pocket?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 3:24am

Style: BJJ, Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'll vouch for the comp-tac, specifically my older brother has one for his glock 19. I do remember specifically he got a gunbelt to go along with his comp-tac. Not a single problem at all with it. He only just had comfort issues for himself to get used to it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/05/2008 12:17pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey
    I'll vouch for the comp-tac, specifically my older brother has one for his glock 19. I do remember specifically he got a gunbelt to go along with his comp-tac.
    That's a very important choice. Too many people buy a 500+ dollar firearm, a 70+ dollar holster, but then buy a 10 dollar Wal-Mart belt that is too flimsy. Getting a good quality belt suitable for use with holsters (stiff, wide) can make a huge difference in carrying ability.

Posted On:
    6/07/2008 1:27am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Judo, LEO deftac

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Comp-tac IWB holster for me, as well. Wilderness Instructor gunbelt (make sure you get the 5-stitch model) all the time.