Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/28/2008 10:02pm

Style: BJJ/Muay Thai (MMA)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    Where the **** did I say that?

You have 48 hours to BOTH quote the post where I said that as well as the link to that post.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...7&postcount=20
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    #1. The average Joe will never grow, roids or not. The average Joe is a fucking couch potatoe.
    Thats the part where i got it from, ofcourse its possible i've read it out of context and missed your intention.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    9/28/2008 10:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All of that stuff's been culled to a different thread. Probably better to leave it be.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/13/2008 11:57pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Okay, so I watched it twice this weekend, and it was fantastic. Chris's family reminds me so much of mine. Anyways, because I'm a critical little bitch who can't leave well enough alone, a few nitpicks:

-They left the impression that Valentino's horrible arms were the result of steroid abuse, which is false. They should have mentioned synthol, and pointed out that it's not banned (to my knowledge, anyways).

-Mr. Waxman obviously isn't a steroid expert, but he had the good sense to check with his aide when he wasn't sure about something and he deserves some credit for that. It would have been nice if they'd gone after things more specifically - "[expert X] says that steroids should not be [fancy word for banned] because [blah blah blah] - what do you think?" or "would you still be in favour of banning a steroid that grew muscle with no side-effects?"

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 1:02am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, the thing that gets me about the sports competition issue, is I don't think you should bust one guy's chops for using until you can prove his competition isn't (maybe that's a weird standard but AT THIS POINT in the sports industry, I think it applies). IE, Bonds' competition was juicing, so him juicing allows him to show his relative superiority.

I watched Bigger Stronger Faster and one thing I loved was pointing out how bush talked all this **** about steroids at the hearing but he was basically Jose Conseco's boss...

I don't think the documentary looked hard enough at pro wrestling, though. Something is killing the **** out of pro wrestlers.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 4:46am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ive now watched it twice aswell, and TheRuss, i found a bunch of unused scenes on youtube, this was about 3 weeks ago now so i cant really remember, but one focused on valentino, and im pretty sure it went into the issue of synthol, i might try and dig it up. If that is the case, i suppose they thought it would be better to stick to steroids for the sake of it just being a steroid movie.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:29am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    I don't think the documentary looked hard enough at pro wrestling, though. Something is killing the **** out of pro wrestlers.
    This is true. I think they brushed off the heart disease risk too readily, although I did see a study a month or two back that seemed to imply that (at doses that can be ethically used in a short-term study) there wasn't much heart hypertrophy. They did have that one quote from Mad Dog about the kind of stuff he got into while wrestling (painkillers, cocaine, etc.).

It also would have been nice if they'd touched on the probability of Benoit's body dysmorphic disorder.

Incidentally, what codo3500 posted reminds me - I didn't get to look at the extra material on the DVD. Was any of it worth watching?

Also, who else laughed out loud at the outcome of the Schwarzenegger "interview"?

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 10:36am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCache
    Not to say that steroids aren't a problem in prowrestling, but with the cocktail of painkillers and recreational drugs common in prowrestling circles it's a little tough to single them out as a causative factor.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    10/14/2008 6:50pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As for the deleted scenes, the Jay Cutler one shows a lot about the bodybuilder mentality of thinking they have to be big to succeed in life, its alright, there is a decent one about the use of their use in HIV patients, but it doesn't really shout too many statistics out like i would've liked.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 10:50pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Administrator

Posted On:
    12/19/2008 11:34pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^
    Pro wrestler 'Mad Dog' Bell found dead
    Fri Dec 19, 6:43 am ET

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif. Mike "Mad Dog" Bell, a former professional wrestler whose struggle with substance abuse was featured in the documentary "Bigger, Stronger, Faster," has died. He was 37.

Bell was found Sunday at a Costa Mesa live-in rehabilitation facility, his family said.

An autopsy was conducted but investigators couldn't immediately determine the cause of death, said Dan Akin, a supervising deputy at the Orange County coroner's division. The coroner is awaiting the results of toxicology tests, he said.

Chris Bell, whose 2008 documentary examines the steroid use of his two brothers, said Mike Bell had long battled with his addictions to prescription painkillers and alcohol.

"He was always wrestling, he was a personal trainer, he was always pushing his body to the max," Chris Bell told the Orange County Register.

"You can't really blame wrestling, but it's kind of the lifestyle," he said. "You have a couple of painkillers to get to the next match, have a couple drinks night to night and it gets out of hand."

Bell wrestled on World Wrestling Entertainment's "Monday Night Raw" as a "jobber," a fighter who takes falls to promote others.

"Although Mr. Bell was never under a WWE contract, WWE extends its deepest condolences to the Bell family," the organization said.
    Damn RIP.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 7 LastLast