Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 10:24pm

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Nightowl, anabolic steroids don't give you 'super powers'. As far as I understand them, they (sometimes drastically) reduce the recovery time between workouts, meaning an increased rapidity of growth and strength development.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 5:46am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh El Macho
    SOMEONE PLEEZE THROW ME A FROG TO LICK, I WANNA BE AN INSANT SUPERHUMANG!!!1
    Fool. You either need roids or a radioactive spider for that.

Nightowl, anabolic steroids don't give you 'super powers'. As far as I understand them, they (sometimes drastically) reduce the recovery time between workouts, meaning an increased rapidity of growth and strength development.
    Superhuman. Yeah, I went there biOtcH. Your average joe taking steriods is going to grow faster wih less effort. Put in someone who puts in a lot of training/supplements AND give them seriods, and you push the boundry of what the human body can do to where it is almost impossible without juicing. This is especially true in major sporting competitions.

They put in the work for sure, but to get those amazing records and speeds, they are temporarily going outside the bounds of their own abilities and turning to roids. Sure it is still them, but if they installed a bionic arm it would still be them technically setting the record. The trend althetes have set for young people wanting to go somewhere is very dissapointing to me. Almost as dissapointing is the 'it cant be helped' attitude given even by those who arent dependent on drugs for success.

How do elenchus?

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 6:37am

Style: gah, transition again

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl
    Or a magic ring, a special serum (many kinds of those), or magic, or to kill a dragon, blindness, etc

Superhuman. Yeah, I went there biOtcH. Your average joe taking steriods is going to grow faster wih less effort. Put in someone who puts in a lot of training/supplements AND give them seriods, and you push the boundry of what the human body can do to where it is almost impossible without juicing. This is especially true in major sporting competitions.
    Impossible without juicing =/= superhuman. Superhuman suggests greater than human, something which humans aren't capable of, and as you can clearly tell, with the growth boosts of steroids, these are all things that can be achieved using nothing more than chemistry and the human body.

They put in the work for sure, but to get those amazing records and speeds, they are temporarily going outside the bounds of their own abilities and turning to roids. Sure it is still them, but if they installed a bionic arm it would still be them technically setting the record. The trend althetes have set for young people wanting to go somewhere is very dissapointing to me. Almost as dissapointing is the 'it cant be helped' attitude given even by those who arent dependent on drugs for success.
    That or they're vastly decreasing the timeframe necessary to achieve such peaks of strength. But you still need to lift all those weights, more so than a non-juicer. And your bionic arm comparison is an incorrect one- a bionic arm is a machine, a juicer is just a human with tweaked biochemistry. It's not like steroids spots you when you lift or something.

But you're right, there's far too much pressure to achieve through steroids these days in a lot of sports. I doubt competition bodybuilding or weightlifting would exist with the same kind of talent or prowess as it does today without 'roids.
    Lord Krishna said: I am terrible time the destroyer of all beings in all worlds, engaged to destroy all beings in this world; Of those heroic soldiers presently situated in the opposing army, even without you none will be spared.
    Bhagavad Gita 11:32

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 9:07am

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Why do you use a picture of a guy on synthol when you're talking about steroids? They're not even remotely close.
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 10:42am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas
    Why do you use a picture of a guy on synthol when you're talking about steroids? They're not even remotely close.
    I learned something new today.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anabolic_steroid

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your average joe taking steriods is going to grow faster wih less effort.
    Dude, just... no. Really, no.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 1:47pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by socratic
    And an increaced rapidity of bitch tits.

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 7:48pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    And an increaced propensity for bitch tits, specially if they **** up their PCT
    There. Fixed for ya.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 6:46am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    As did I. Dammit, you are making me read more about steroids and performance enhancing drugs than what I read in Time magazine. I hate learning.

Impossible without juicing =/= superhuman. Superhuman suggests greater than human, something which humans aren't capable of, and as you can clearly tell, with the growth boosts of steroids, these are all things that can be achieved using nothing more than chemistry and the human body.
    Humans aren't capable of it without chemistry, so I am going to stick to that definition. So there.

Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    And an increaced rapidity of bitch tits.
    Although a lame superpower, it still beats out aquaman.

Dude, just... no. Really, no.
    Could you explain things further? You are in the weightlifting culture where taking enhancements doesn't seem to be too looked down upon. 'Steriods' is a catch all term but I'm sure that there are many different methods and substances that do different things.

On a side note, anybody hear of that poll in the 80's where 80% of Olympic althletes surveyed would take a pill that would make sure that they would win gold? The catch was that they would die in ten years but if they didn't take it they would never win.

Of course there are 3 kinds of lies- Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 7:04am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could you explain things further? You are in the weightlifting culture where taking enhancements doesn't seem to be too looked down upon. 'Steriods' is a catch all term but I'm sure that there are many different methods and substances that do different things.
    Easy.

#1. The average Joe will never grow, roids or not. The average Joe is a fucking couch potatoe.

#2. The average gym-going Joe is a cardio dude who fumbles around with dumbbells once in a while "to tone", but never gets anywhere.

#3. The average gym-going Joe that lifts weights more often is a bicep curling fag... nuff said.

#4. The average gym-going, non-bicep curling Joe does try to weight train, but is uneducated. He's in better shape than most people, but he'll never add more than 10-15lbs of lean mass (this is assuming he leans first.) He simply works out for fun, for an ideal, for stress relieve, all of these being excellent, commendable reasons. But he does not train. Working out =/= train.

Simply put, the average Joe doesn't do ****. The creme-de-la-creme average Joe that actually tries to bust his ass does not have a precise goal. Busting his ass (or what he feels to be busting his ass) is the objective, not the process to reach a very specific and well-defined objective (being athletic performance of some sort or bodybuilding.)

Steroids does not make you grow faster and easier.

Steroids facilitates your ability to bust your ass harder and more often by allowing you faster recovery, for de-inflamation, and for injury healing. THAT'S WHAT STEROIDS DO!

Steroids also facilitate muscle hyperthrophy, but only occurs with your ability to heal faster (and assuming you are eating well and training intelligently, fumbling with weights until you pass out won't do that, even if you inject that **** by the gallons.)

In fact, you can pump your ass with roids by the gallon and hit the weights hard, and still you would not grow. You need a comprehensive training, nutrition AND RECOVERY program to go along with steroid supplementations to grow.

This is the same for other sports. Lou Simmons himself has said that one can never do powerlifting on a regular basis without using steroids. You can't be deadlifting 800lbs on a regular basis without steroids fixing the wear and tear of such sports. This is the same reason Francas used them, to heal.

That's what they are for.

If you train hard and intelligently, you will grow, roids or no roids. Steroids facilitates that growth, but it's not easy. It doesn't make it easier. The entire process is not easy. To say it helps you grow faster and easier is innacurate, and it has no applicability for the average Joe.

People who use steroids successfully, be it for bodybuilding, powerlifting, or anaerobic capacity (.ie Marion Jones) or to launch a ball into orbit (.ie. Barry Bonds), these are hardly average Joes. The average Joe will never do **** with them. Steroids are not the panacea for average Joes, so please never again put "average Joe" next to steroids on the same sentence.

[EDIT]

That's the main reason I've never used them. I cannot commit myself to a program that would make them useful. It would be a complete waste of money.
    Last edited by Teh El Macho; 5/19/2008 7:11am at .

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast