Sponsored Links Spacer Image

The gift that keeps on giving

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 12:12am

supporting member
     Style: On hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bigger, Stronger, Faster: A new movie about steroids.

Yeah, I went and posted a video outside of the Video Forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWRIC_rmcm0

Official website (with high quality trailer).

Gonna see it? I am.

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 3:14am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looks good. Definately will check it out when I have the chance.

Personally I have no problem with people taking steriods- however I do have a problem when people take steroids and act like they don't. Yeah, Barry Bonds got all those baseball home runs, and you know what? If baseball allowed steroids (and we stopped these stupid congressional hearings) then so what? It's not my body. However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.

Hell, diet supplements are also 'chemicals', however your body still needs to process them naturally. And just like extra protien will make you bigger, so will extra lifting. However both of these require building up to them. Steriods is an instant high that makes you superhuman, and while base talent is still needed for major sports MANY athletes wouldn't nearly be as good without the juice. The most telling thing is that as soon as they are off, their 'superpowers' wear away and they are stuck within the regular bounds of the human body again (sometimes worse for wear).

So create special 'steriod league' if need be. Just stop the BS and pretending that you aren't just an artificial monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]s7Kg_w-0y_w

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 4:19am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.
    Yes, because there is no downside or sacrifice involved in taking steroids. It just gives you an avatar that you control, you don't even need to use your own body to do the ****, it's just that awesome. Douchenozzle.

Hoo Ha!

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 4:31am

supporting member
     Style: San Da, Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really do want them to make a "steriod" league of the olympics, where ANY enhancement is allowed. Steriods, crack, titanium tendons etc. Just to see how far we can really push the human body. And I reckon there are willing participants.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 5:09am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    We already have that. It's called the Olympics. That such use must be masked is irrelevant.

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 11:06am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    Yes, because there is no downside or sacrifice involved in taking steroids. It just gives you an avatar that you control, you don't even need to use your own body to do the ****, it's just that awesome. Douchenozzle.
    Obviously you missed the part where I said base talent is needed for the pros. And yes you have a risk of destroying yourself, which makes it a douchenozzle thing to do douchenozzle.

We already have that. It's called the Olympics. That such use must be masked is irrelevant.
    It puts an aterisk by every accomplishment by EVERY althete, no matter if they did things legitimately or not. It also means that any aspiring althete must face tremendous pressure to take steriods or face being second rate all the time. Let the people who want to do steriods do steriods and stop forcing everyone else too at the same time just so they can catch up.

...of course people would still try to sneak in steriods to the 'non-steriod' games but meh,I never liked people anyways. Dogs are way better.

Last edited by nightowl; 5/17/2008 11:12am at .

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 1:22pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If athletes want to risk the consequences, let them.

It's a free country. We don't outlaw Creatine, Glutamine, or any other effective supplement. Steroids just happen to be REALLY effective.

What bothers me, though, is the lack of education regarding recovery and detrimental side effects. Everyone knows that steroids will make you bigger, faster, and stronger...but few people know how it screws up your kidneys, throws off your hormone levels, and can even decrease bone density.

That pisses me off.

Hell, I think they should make steroids legal, but ENFORCE "steroid recovery" programs under licensed "Steroid Doctors". Instead of forcing athletes to use steroids in secret and risk permanent damage, let them openly do it...but require them to undergo treatment and work under supervision to ensure that they don't destroy themselves from a lack of education.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 1:36pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Satori has the correct.

Dysfunctionally Strong

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 4:30pm

supporting member
     Style: Boxing/Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl
    Looks good. Definately will check it out when I have the chance.

Personally I have no problem with people taking steriods- however I do have a problem when people take steroids and act like they don't. Yeah, Barry Bonds got all those baseball home runs, and you know what? If baseball allowed steroids (and we stopped these stupid congressional hearings) then so what? It's not my body. However don't then turn around and claim these great records, because that's not you but some chemicals that a scientist made.

Hell, diet supplements are also 'chemicals', however your body still needs to process them naturally. And just like extra protien will make you bigger, so will extra lifting. However both of these require building up to them. Steriods is an instant high that makes you superhuman
    Ummm...what?

Can I buy some of whatever it is you're on?
    "Emevas,
    You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SOMEONE PLEEZE THROW ME A FROG TO LICK, I WANNA BE AN INSANT SUPERHUMANG!!!1
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 7 1 2345 ... LastLast