Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 5:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai\TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Self Training Help

Hey guys, can someone give me some tips on self training.... i did taekwondo for about 1 year and switched to muay thai for another, only problem...the muay thai gym is closed for a couple of months and i dont want to go back to taekwondo.

Anyway, i need some training tips that i can do at home or w.e... i train my kicks, punches, push ups, situps, handstand puchups, squats...thats about it...but i want to improve my reaction time...so i meditate for that...err..if you got any thing..please share

I want to practise some judo moves i picked up and some aikido for self defense purposes ..... well yea...help

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 6:22pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whats up kppgno? Get your self a heavy bag & a speed bag to start with.
    As far as I know meditation calms the mind & has little to do with reaction time.
    To help improve your reaction time, get your self a super ball,you know one's that bounces like three miles into air.Stand about 6' from a wall & bounce it from the floor to the wall then catch it on the rebound.The harder you throw it the faster it rebounds thus improving your hand eye coordination & your reaction time.
    As for your judo moves your going to need a partner,kind of hard to do that solo.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 8:01pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Might I suggest running/road work? This is actually more of a case of 'do as I say, not as I do' because my running is sorely lacking. Still, it's something that you can do on your own and will help your MT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 9:32pm

Style: JKD/Kali/Thai Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bas rutten workout excellent stuff a great workout + you train your basics

http://www.basrutten.tv/mm5/merchant...tegory_Code=DV

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    Might I suggest running/road work? This is actually more of a case of 'do as I say, not as I do' because my running is sorely lacking. Still, it's something that you can do on your own and will help your MT.
    meh **** roadwork imo, just hit the bag more. i never run.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 10:10pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks guys, umm about that DVD...sounds good, but...unless i can get it for free i aint...going to bother...umm the whole running thing...yea im going to do that...my goal is to basically be...a fit, aable to run long, fast, fast puncher, fast kicker, conditioned almost everypart of body, can take hits....machine... :) doing my training...alright thanks thanks ill invest in a heavy bag, nd i got 2 of those bouny balls

If your wondering...ive been really inspired by "Ryo Hazuki" from "Shenmue" ...yes i know its a video game....see what video games influence!!!
    Last edited by kppgno; 5/16/2008 10:11pm at . Reason: forgot something

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 6:12am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    meh **** roadwork imo, just hit the bag more. i never run.
    To each his own I suppose. I've found that the more I run the better I feel about my general level of fitness. Also, if I take a half an hour to run then it varies my work out and I don't get bored of hammering the bag.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 6:52am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    To each his own I suppose. I've found that the more I run the better I feel about my general level of fitness. Also, if I take a half an hour to run then it varies my work out and I don't get bored of hammering the bag.
    I agree ... for myself, anyway, I believe roadwork is probably the most important thing I do ... especially interval training ...

kppgno: check out www.rossboxing.com ... there are some good and practical training articles/advice there ... some for sale and some for free.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    nice thanks, it helps :)

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/18/2008 7:50pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is this doing in the PT forums? Off to Guantanamo.

kppgno, read the forum descriptions and the sticky threads before posting here.

[EDIT]

Also, use the search function!!!
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast