MADE OF STEEL!

Posted On:
    5/19/2008 10:54pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by user0001
    not really as scientific as they try to make it, but amusing to watch anyways... so remember drop a keg on your friends head from the 3rd floor is a felony.. 2nd floor should only be a misdemeanor.

FSN Sport Science - Episode 4 - Cheap Shots - Head to Head
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gonCQJylI
    The fact that they treat headbutting and knocking foreheads as the same thing goes further to prove what a garbage show Fight Science is.

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 12:55am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    This is in the same category as fish hooking and eye gouging to me. Once you have position and foot work which is part of all the other aliveness training it shouldn't be terribly hard to head butt someone. Just like in grappling once you establish a dominant position you can do all the "d34dly" techniques that they don't allow in "sport" competitions.
    You say this, but put people in headgear, and immediately the start headbutting with the front of their face, hitting the other guy's forehead half the time- unless they had soccer training.

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 7:25am

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What, self critical- you've taken a group of students, put headgear on them and instructed them to start headbutting eachother? Where does your experience come from?

Not even disagreeing with you, but it's a fair question.

Flyweight

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, MT, MMA, CQB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    This is in the same category as fish hooking and eye gouging to me. Once you have position and foot work which is part of all the other aliveness training it shouldn't be terribly hard to head butt someone. Just like in grappling once you establish a dominant position you can do all the "d34dly" techniques that they don't allow in "sport" competitions.
    I dunno, that's like saying once you have position and footwork it shouldn't be terribly hard to punch someone. It's true, but if you train how to punch it'll probably be a lot more effective.
    :Determined:
    HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
    http://ftcy.co/tBAxyj

pro nonsense self defense

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, dumbek, Indian clubs

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've had no problems applying them with boxing headgear. When sparring Chickenbeakfist, its one of my methods of stopping his judo efforts. When sparring with training knives, if I can grab their weapon hand with my left hand, I'll headbutt the chest and keep pressure so I can stab underneath pretty much uninterrupted.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 2:14pm

Style: Hillbilly Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's true. Throwing a solid headbutt while I'm trying to set up a throw has proven pretty successful for Codos. Gives him the split second he needs to counter. Could this be the mythical ANTI-GRAPPLE!?!?!

Probably not...

But it doesn't hurt any more than a punch if you're wearing boxing headgear.

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 9:26am

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BudoMonkey
    What, self critical- you've taken a group of students, put headgear on them and instructed them to start headbutting eachother? Where does your experience come from?

Not even disagreeing with you, but it's a fair question.
    At the lower ranks in the place I do my filipino boxing stuff and kickboxing, students wear close-faced headgear(a lot of the clients are girls that came in thinking they were doing cardio kickboxing, and get lured into sparring). Lots of people headbut when we do weapons sparring, but very few people do it in a way that wouldn't smash their own faces up on my forehead. The equipment you need to do it safely can give you bad feedback.

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 9:43pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Money
    I dunno, that's like saying once you have position and footwork it shouldn't be terribly hard to punch someone. It's true, but if you train how to punch it'll probably be a lot more effective.
    Except for the range part. You have to have already gotten past a lot of tools to headbutt someone.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 9:55pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Which is why learning clinch entries is essentially learning headbutting applications.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345