Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 2:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by saman View Post
    Erin (her married name is Hansen) has been one of choi's golden children for a long time. She is good at performing ckd, but that does not make her a good martial artist. In an organisation that breeds arrogance in its instructors, she has always seemed to take the skill to a new level. My personal observations and experiences were never positive with her in terms of how she treated peers but groveled for choi and p. Yes, the other people you named long ago left ckd (Gene Duncan by death) the rest the way the rest of us left - because we were sick and tired of the crap.
    Erin is so arrogant and weird and so are most of her instructors. Do I have to prove that?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/07/2010 6:51pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnie11 View Post
    Erin is so arrogant and weird and so are most of her instructors. Do I have to prove that?
    no, unless you want to define"normal" .

:tongue4:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/08/2010 7:10am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to me, personally because you are preaching to the choir with all of us xckders. But the examples might prove to be amusing reading for others.
    You know, with instructors, as with most things in life, you reap what you sow. Her first husband used to call her "m'am" all the time, but he got out before too long. Even in casual social settings he called her "Ms. ___" and "m'am". You could always tell who wore the pants and needed the bigger groin guard in that family!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/09/2010 8:39am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse
    Quote Originally Posted by saman View Post
    Not to me, personally because you are preaching to the choir with all of us xckders. But the examples might prove to be amusing reading for others.
    You know, with instructors, as with most things in life, you reap what you sow. Her first husband used to call her "m'am" all the time, but he got out before too long. Even in casual social settings he called her "Ms. ___" and "m'am". You could always tell who wore the pants and needed the bigger groin guard in that family!
    Guys the prove thing is reserved particularly for MABS as otherwise it ends up like a YMAS thread. So while I am sure this kind of talk is carthatic by helping you let off steam it is off topic and if it went on too long would be culled from the thread. I would suggest we start another thread in YMAS for personal discussions.

:deadhorse

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/10/2010 5:17pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did not know there was this much controversy over CKD. About 20 years ago in Michigan I received a brown belt double stripe under Glen Kleinow. I would have tested for black belt, but I could not afford the test fees at the time. There was a second school in Sterling Hhting. I h

Wow. I did not know there was this much controversy over CKD. About 20 years ago in Michigan I received a brown belt double stripe under Glen Kleinow. I would have tested for black belt, but I could not afford the test fees at the time. There was a second school in Sterling HeightsMichigan taught by an instructor whose last name I think was Tong (sp?).

At the time I enjoyed CKD, and I did not have a problem with either of these two men. Since then I have taken MMA, BJJ, SAMBO, and kickboxing. I do feel these latter arts are far better for street fighting. I had no idea that all this was going on in CKD.

I am surprised to see CKD is still around. Do any of you know what became of Messrs Kleinow and Tong? I recall Mr. Tong was a very nice guy.

I am surprised to see CKD is still around. Do any of you know what became of Messrs Kleinow and Tong? I recall Mr. Tong was a very nice guy.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 11:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey View Post
    :deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse:deadhorse :deadhorse

Guys the prove thing is reserved particularly for MABS as otherwise it ends up like a YMAS thread. So while I am sure this kind of talk is carthatic by helping you let off steam it is off topic and if it went on too long would be culled from the thread. I would suggest we start another thread in YMAS for personal discussions.

:deadhorse
    Your post qualifies as a complete waste of a post. What is wrong with this bullshido forum is people like you who want to control what others say while trying to sound smart with words like 'cull' and 'carthatic'. Feel free to 'cull' my posts from this thread anytime.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/13/2010 12:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Marshall Periera promoted to 8th Degree Grandmaster Instructor.

Wonder what his test was like??? :laughing9

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/14/2010 4:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your post qualifies as a complete waste of a post. What is wrong with this bullshido forum is people like you who want to control what others say while trying to sound smart with words like 'cull' and 'carthatic'. Feel free to 'cull' my posts from this thread anytime.
    I am NOT trying to stop you from expressing yourself I am simply directing you to a place where it would be better said. READ THE RULES OF THE MABS FORUM. It is for the investigation and exposure of fraud in the martial arts. THIS REQUIRES PROOF. Personal TESTIMONY is welcome and provides weight to the argument as it shows that CKD is not a perfectly happy family as they would promote, BUT it is not proof unless it is stated by a NAMEABLE source who is willing to act as a witness. I appreciate that not all of you want to come forward in this respect as we all have other lives and do not need a lawsuit or interference from CKD.

HOWEVER if all we do is repeat the same stories over and over again or if we start sniping at peoples characters with no real reason then we are not getting anywhere. Look at ROGER KOOS page, a wealth of evidence but written in such a way that it makes him look like he's the one with the problem.

This thread is here to serve as an alternative information source with regards to Choi Kwang Do, to show the other side of the picture for prospective students of CKD. If we can prove things along the way even better. BUT if all we do is repeat the same anger the thread becomes so long people will not be bothered to read it.

HENCE I SUGGESTED SAVING THIS SPACE FOR INVESTIGATION OF CKD WITH ALLOWANCE FOR PEOPLE TO SHARE THEIR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE OF CKD AND TO DISCUSS THE ISSUES THAT ARE RAISED

If you want to collectively complain or gossip about people then do it on another thread possible in the YMAS(Your Martial Arts Sucks) forum. AND YES YOU CAN START YOU OWN THREAD JONNIE11 and I won't even post on it if you want.

As to culling its not me who makes that decision that would be the MODERATORS. CULL and CARTHATIC are just words if you do not understand them use a dictionary or better just ask the person using them. I am sure you probably know some words that I don't so go ahead and use some.

Posted On:
    4/14/2011 4:10pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hi guys first time posting on here so hello to all. thought i d check out what was being said about a so called martial art i trained for several years. as a former instructor of ckd i can honestly say i think i left in time. a money spinner ........yes . egotistical...........yes . i could go on all day about the bad points and dodgy masters and 3000 payment and you can have your black belt in a week programmes. but i will save that for another time. i have trained with the likes of master p , ralph allison few guys from the broken away arts and can understand compleatly why they broke away. think i may have trained with shepard too and totally agree with what you are saying. too much bad and nowhere near enough good in this cult martial art . fake people real money . hey new ckd slogan :)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/15/2011 10:08am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: ving tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hi bullshido i have not posted for a long while,i have a post that is at martial arts planet forum about a bad time with essex choi kwang do in uk and there getting the police involved.
    I am glad i have seen the light about this con outfit,and some of there treatment of people.