Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 2:46am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I once attended a seminar in which the only solution to ground fighting was to bite.
    Choi demonstrated the fore mentioned biting of the calf as a defence to an armbar - also a forearm bite while being pinned from the mount. The instructor was on top holding down both his wrists by his ears, and Choi leaned over and chomped the top mans wrist. I believe he also showed a groin grab from the bottom.

Although you could use these techniques, as anyone with grappling experience knows these would not end the fight - only enhance the seriousness of the situation. What happens if the top man decides to bite back?

In his defence though, at least Choi tried to help the students. At another seminar, a man named Marshall Peirera said he don't do ground fighting, only with the women. Most of the male instructors laughed at that statement, however my wife found it very offensive. He also said that his students treat him like royalty. What a leader for an organisation.
    Last edited by Dempsey1; 7/19/2008 2:56am at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 3:20am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONSENSE

No one is admitted to the `Faculty Programme` unless they are at least 1st Dan Black belt and the other stuff he`s writing about is nonsense too.

He has joined the GLORIOUS Kinnect Organisation . The " Fiounder " of "Kinnect" is a former CKD 4th Dan who left because he cried about membership fees ( of which most he didn`t pay anyway)

!

Looks like another real mature leader of ckd has spoken. He must have access to ckd hq files to know if fees were paid or not. Interesting...

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 5:41am

Style: Gym drifter

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dear CKD instructors,
    If it's not a bloody scam and you do genuinely teach a striking system/art and consider your self modern, than why dont the blackbelts, atleast compete in kickboxing tournaments? Also what's the price list of those belts??? Do you have half price off for senior people and students? Do you teach poor people for less? What IS that feedback from t3h D3JUROZ STR33TZ, share an experience of yours please.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 10:09am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NONONSENSE
    Whatt does Shepherd know ?? NOT much ( and he was a INSTRUCTOR ???).

No one is admitted to the `Faculty Programme` unless they are at least 1st Dan Black belt and the other stuff he`s writing about is nonsense too.

BUT HELP IS AT HAND ! !!!!

He has joined the GLORIOUS Kinnect Organisation . The " Fiounder " of "Kinnect" is a former CKD 4th Dan who left because he cried about membership fees ( of which most he didn`t pay anyway) and PROMOTED HIMSELF TO 5th Dan ( Master level) within DAYS of having tested for 4th Dan in his former art . HOW PHONEY CAN YOU GET ??? FAKE MASTER is like the blind leading the blind ...... no wonder he charges NOTHING in his so called "organisation" ... as it`s worth NOTHING ! :qright3:

Shepherd , If I was you I`d shut up and go back training with your fake " Master " !

NONONSENSE I you seem to have missed the basics of making points in debating. Your "Master" Choi seems to have only been a 6th dan in TKD and he promoted himself to 9th dan in his own style.

If you can't make basic points that ca stand in an argument then you will never convince anyone with half a brain about your art being useful or effective.

I have been in direct contact with Ralph Allison via email. He has been very courteous and has given of his time to answer my questions in a lengthy manner. I will quote some those answers when I have more time.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 10:13am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

NONENSE, Panties in a Bunch?

Wow, NONONSENSE

What a well thought out and articulate response,

I'll tell you what I do know.

A black belt in CKD can be aquired in 300 hours ( according to them).
    The way they explained it to me was if you put in 10 hours a day you could get there in 30 days.

So... For expamle: The guy who bought Choi's daughters school in Ga. when he was a green belt, took an accelerated course and went from green to black belt in 2 WEEKS.

Now come on... If you have ever worked out with weights or in any kind of sport or activity you would know that it is impossible to make a big improvement in that short of a time. It takes time for the muscle memory to be aquired and skills and strength to be developed.

In my opinion that black belt in CKD is worth nothing.

I have spoken with the Instructor who trained the guy in Michigan who went from white belt to third degree black belt. in such a short time. He told me the guy first enrolled in his school in Late July of 2004. Well now it is July 2008 and that man is a 3rd degree in CKD and a "faculty member".

Again, in my opinion, that 3rd degree is worth nothing and neither is the faculty program.

In fact is is an insult to those who have earned their belts one by one in the needed time to become at least competent in the techniques and to aquire the reflexes and muscle memory. Not to mention the other benefits that take time to aquire like self control and discipline and honor, etc....

CKD does promote itself as the worlds best martial art withouht any kind of proof. They also promote Choi as the best martial artist in the world. Again without any proof.

This has a tendency to offend all other martial artists who practice these other styles. Also it is bad form.

You attack the founder of KInect and say he is a self proclaimed Master of a worthless system.

It was my understanding that he tested in front of his students for his 5th dan. Besides isn't Choi self promoted? In fact I have been doing martial arts teaching and training for 30 years and the majority of higher ranking founders of styles are self promoted. So what? Do you think that the color or number of stripes on a belt make the martial artist?

I for one, call no man my master. Nor do I require anyone to call me that. I look at it like this, just like there are master plumbers or master electricians there are masters of the martial arts. I don't call my electrician master Mike. I just call him Mike. I don't call Steve Elrod, Master Steve, I just call him Steve or Mr. Elrod.

Of course CKD Int. is located in GA and maybe there are some residual habits left over from slavery.

You imply that the founder of Kinect started the organization because he didn't want to pay membership fees? How do you know that? You implied that he didn't pay what he was supposed to anyways. How do you know that? It seems to me that you better have evidence of that before you publish it on the internet.

With 38 schools now in Kinect it seems like they must be doing something right and CKD must be doing something wrong.

I also know for a fact CKD has no weapons training or defenses and no ground fighting defenses except for a bite or gouge. While I do agree many groundfighting situations could be improved if you savagely bite your opponent. It is not what I want to teach my younger students.

So, NONENSE...... If you want to respond feel free, but try to do so intelligently and with a modicum of decorum and not just tell me to " Shut up and go train with my fake master ".

Of course if you ever want to test your all powerful greatest martial art in the world, or your big bad ckd black belt. We could arrange a friendly sparring session. Oh thats right... You don't spar...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 10:58am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    funny thing about biting is that you just have to hope the guy doesn't have something like aids. Ie if a drug user probably best not to bite them!. Might work through cloths!

Posted On:
    7/19/2008 12:07pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by madmonkey
    funny thing about biting is that you just have to hope the guy doesn't have something like aids. Ie if a drug user probably best not to bite them!. Might work through cloths!
    Not too many junkies and aids infected people can pull off a good armbar,but yeah valid argument there. There is another problem there if he bites hard and the other guy decides to finish this **** and just brakes your arm and jurk his leg hard after you loose an arm AND YOUR TEETH /DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAMN/ insurance oh wait do these guys get insurance in a non contact school???

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    7/20/2008 5:30pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It takes alot to tear out a chunk of someone's leg with your teeth. Imagine all that gnawing, versus pulling down with your hands and raising your hips. The latter will win every time.

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 12:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    It takes alot to tear out a chunk of someone's leg with your teeth. Imagine all that gnawing, versus pulling down with your hands and raising your hips. The latter will win every time.
    Isnt biting a Bruce Lee thing?

Posted On:
    7/21/2008 6:41am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even Bruce put some effort in grappling at a time... Biting your way out of submission is a terribly lame approach. In most cases the only thing it'll do is piss the other guy off even more...
Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast