Posted On:
    5/15/2008 2:42pm

Style: The Kempo, Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Ken Flo MMA Show

- FLORIAN TO HOST MMA SHOW FOR ESPN.COM
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 - by Damon Martin - MMAWeekly.com

A new online show focusing on the world of mixed martial arts is set to debut exclusively on ESPN.com Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET. Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight contender Kenny Florian, along with ESPN’s John Anik and Newark Star-Ledger reporter Franklin McNeil, will host the show.

“(It’s) kind of a fast-paced show on the current news and events going on in the sport. There’s a whole lot of guys at ESPN that have been trying to get this done I guess for two years,” said Florian in an exclusive interview with MMAWeekly.com.

The show will talk about all aspects of the sport, including various promotions including the UFC, EliteXC, Dream, and other organizations.

The Boston native said the deal with ESPN was in the works even before his last fight. Now the show has finally become a reality.

“Basically, I was contacted by ESPN about two weeks before my fight against (Joe) Lauzon, and there was some interest. They finally got the okay to do an MMA show, and they were interested in using me for this show,” Florian said.

It will be called “MMA Live” and feature segments with Florian, Anik and McNeil. They will discuss the latest news and notes from the sport, and eventually will look to add interviews and other possible ideas as they move forward.

Right now the show will be featured exclusively on ESPN.com, but Florian says with the right reaction it could find its way to television.

“It’s strictly going to be on ESPN.com. It’s not going to be on TV as of right now,” he commented. “Basically they’re going to do a run for three shows on ESPN.com and see what the response is, see how it does. Then if it goes well, we’ll do a regular thing on the Internet, and if it does even better, then possibly you’ll see it on TV.”

Each show will be 30 minutes long. It debuts on ESPN.com on Thursday, May 15.

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 3:04pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I wonder how this will go im gonna watch it for sure.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 4:01pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SWEET! Kenny did great subbing for Rogan, so, this is a no brainer. 7pm on thursdays, I think I can fit that in between Jepoardy and Wheel of Fortune. (my wife tivo's that crap)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 8:46am

Style: FMA, MT & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched it. I thought it was ok, the show didn't take itself too seriously, and it didn't seem to be directed at TUF-noobs either. So I hope they will keep producing the show.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 11:30am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I tried to watch it but right now the video won't play. It just shows the preliminary advert video then stops. Here's the video in case they get it working. Like I said though it may stop after the advert.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 2:17pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok, seems to be working now...

edit: just got done watching it. Overall, I think it's a pretty good show that will probably get better if given the chance. I'd love to see something like this actually make on to ESPN TV.
    Last edited by Wolf; 5/16/2008 2:50pm at .

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 4:52pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    ok, seems to be working now...

edit: just got done watching it. Overall, I think it's a pretty good show that will probably get better if given the chance. I'd love to see something like this actually make on to ESPN TV.
    Just got done watching it also. I agree it was pretty good but could be better and would love to see if on tv.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 6:07pm

Style: judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the show was pretty good, a nice collection of information for newbies and mma junkies. It seems the discussions will cover all the pro level MMA leagues and I hope there will be more stuff of K-Flo in the gym. I emailed ESPN, I hope if the demand is there, this show could get on the network.

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 6:40pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am assuming he got Zuffa's (dana's) Permission to provide his likeness for this?

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 7:00pm

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Little bit too newbie for me, and they keep saying "email us PLEAZE!" which got kind of annoying. Putting DREAM in the "hardcore" fan section of the show was a big clue to me. Hopefully they'll get more in-depth with subsequent shows.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast