Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Welterweight

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 5:27pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It seams like a never ending video vs video battle.
    I spoke to a Proffessor of engineering about this and he (to my surprise) didnt think there was too much strange about the way the building fell and the explanaition for it.
    (He also reassured me about the likelyhood that the moon landing was real.)

Although that is only one expert at least I know who he is and that he is really the expert he is supposed to be and more than qualified to be an authority about this subject.

Its all very confusing.
    King without a crown

Administrator

Posted On:
    4/30/2012 5:33pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Flavor Flav needs to make a new 911 video.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 2:29pm

Style: TKD, Wrestling (retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    I would enjoy anyone's debunking of this. I'll google and see. She sounds legit.
    Architects are not structural engineers and still are required to have a structural engineer reviews and stamp all structural components of their designs. I obviously have not seen her transcripts, but my wife could claim she took structural engineering from a well respected structural engineer at Georgia Tech. She had one semester under him.

The person quoted put a whole lot of "in my opinion" out there and then followed it with a litany of at best tangentially related experienced to downright completely meaningless accomplishments in order to create an appeal to authority.

Posted On:
    5/07/2012 5:24pm

Style: kenpo, Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I would enjoy anyone's debunking of this. I'll google and see. She sounds legit.
    Pat,

Pick up a physics and calculus book and become competent in both. Then check back in and we will get started on material science and statics.

With these subjects in your arsenal you will be able to quickly reject some of the claims made.

When these stories first started coming out they hit people with the melting point of steel as if melting is the only thing that can happen to steel. You need the basics just to be able to tell if you are listening to an expert.

Good luck

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 4:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So no one has bothered to watch the video. She is ex-CIA; it has nothing to do with melting metal.

Hard to bother arguing when no one will even bother to look...

I'm of two minds, myself. But she does sound legit. I've been reading her critics and what they say and what and HOW she says it are different. The only real question I have is, if this has validity, then why is she alive?

Personally I don't really care about melting metal, though it does seem odd that other buildings burn forever and still stand. To me it's getting like JFK conspiracy theories, if we can establish that Howard Hunt's deathbed statement was false, if we can establish that Cord Meyer's death bed statement was false, if we can establish that Leary's statement quoting Mary Pinchot Meyer was false (made shortly before her murder, 1964).... No we can't, BUT when source after source say the same damn thing, then either there is an elaborate conspiracy of ex-CIA people and their families, created and founded with the sole purpose of casting doubt on the lone gunman theory or it is fucking true.
    Last edited by patfromlogan; 5/09/2012 4:50pm at .
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 4:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So no one has bothered to watch the video. She is ex-CIA; it has nothing to do with melting metal.

Hard to bother arguing when no one will even bother to look...

I'm of two minds, myself. But she does sound legit. I've been reading her critics and what they say and what and HOW she says it are different.

Personally I don't really care about melting metal, though it does seem odd that other buildings burn forever and still stand. To me it's getting like JFK conspiracy theories, if we can establish that Howard Hunt's deathbed statement was false, if we can establish that Cord Meyer's death bed statement was false, if we can establish that Leary's statement quoting Mary Pinchot Meyer was false (made shortly before her murder, 1964).... No we can't and when source after source say the same damn thing, then either there is an elaborate conspiracy of ex-CIA people and their families, founded with the sole purpose of casting doubt on the lone gunman theory or it is fucking true.
    Link on video does not work. Post working link please. What's her premise?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 5:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike321 View Post
    Link on video does not work. Post working link please. What's her premise?
    Well, ****, it works for me, maybe THEY"VE messed with everyone's computer except mine!

Title on youtube: Extreme Prejudice - CIA Whistle Blower Susan Lindauer PDX 911Truth, entered that in search line on youtube and came up with several videos:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...PDX+911Truth&a
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    5/09/2012 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Pat,

Did not find her credible, got about 30 minutes into, want my time back. Your observations about buildings: some burn and stay standing is not a replacement for real knowledge of physics, engineering, metallurgy. Also, history is useful to study to see trends in how people behave but it is still history and the players change. JFK is history. The generation calling the shots then is mostly gone. (that statement is even more true when you consider JFK was YOUNG, many of the power players then were too old to serve in ww2!)

Bottom line, no evidence.

is badder than you

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 2:48am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On September 11th, the Pentagon and both of the Twin Towers were struck by passenger airliners. The Twin Towers were destroyed by, and the Pentagon was severely damaged by, a combination of the impact, the exploding jet fuel, and the ensuing fires and structural failure.

The efforts to claim otherwise rely on one or more of the following:
    - Verifiable withholding/ignoring of conflicting evidence
    - "Expert opinions" from people operating well outside their areas of expertise
    - Arguments based on "common sense" or inappropriate analogy that conflict with physical reality

The chief purveyors of these claims have been caught in sufficiently many deceptions on these specific issues to rule out the possibility of honest mistakes. They are either systematically unable or unwilling to tell the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emevas View Post
    Downstreet on the flip-flop, timepants.

Shime Waza Test Dummy

Posted On:
    5/16/2012 8:09am

Join us... or die
     Style: StrikeyGrappling & WW2-fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
    ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
    ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
    ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 121819202122 23242526 ... LastLast