222418 Bullies, 4855 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Cale Yarbrough TUF 7 Blog - Episode 7

Cale has kindly consented to allow us to post his blogs on the front page as he releases them. So check here after each episode for an update. Also make sure to check out his website at http://www.caleyarbrough.net for other news and information. Also, he'll be dropping by from time to time to respond to questions and comments. So put those here if you want Cale to respond. Now the blog...

So, here goes another blog. I ate sushi with some friends and wasn't able to get home in time to catch the episode so we walked to my buddy Gardner's bar and watched it there. So I wasn't really able to catch the audio but I was able to see what was going down.

Gerald picked Amir which seemed like a really good match up. We all knew what Gerald's gameplan was. Gerald is a big, strong wrestler so we knew he would try to slam Amir on his head and smash him on the ground (which he did). But Amir did an awesome job of weathering the storm and hoping Gerald would eventually wear down because it takes a lot of energy trying to wrestle guys and toss them around. Amir, after being slammed a few times which we can now laugh about, eventually got to his feet and threw a beautiful, gorgeous, spectacular knee which caught Gerald right on the temple. Gerald dropped, and Amir jumped on to finish him. The Ref had to jump in and stop the fight because Gerald was rocked and wasn't responding. Amir and I were good friends on the show and I was so nervous the entire fight. But once he landed that knee, it was like seeing my son hit his first home run in baseball (side note: I do not have a son, but I'm sure the feeling was/will be similiar). Our whole team went nuts and we jumped up on the cage screaming. It felt like the end of a Mighty Ducks movie or something. Forrest had promised that we could shave his head and put 3 Gangster Amir lines in his head if Amir won. I think half of my excitement was knowing that Forrest now had to live up to his end of the deal and that was something cool to look forward because being in that house was very boring to say the least.

The show made it look like Amir and I fought on the same day. Amir fought a few days before me. Nick and I actually fought on the same day. We thought Nick was a good match up for C.B. because he had technical stand up and a very tight ground game which we thought could catch C.B. when it went to the ground. Therefore, I was to fight Pat. I wasn't able to hear my interview before the fight, but I do remember saying that I didn't think Pat deserved to be there with us. It was no offense to Pat, but me and a lot of other guys thought that after Paul was sent home, 2 other guys should have been brought in to fight in order to gain a spot in the house just like we all did. Anyways, me and Pat went at it. He landed some good shots on me and I landed some on him. For some reason, I forgot how to jab that day and was trying to kick his head off the whole first round. I saw that he tagged me good enough to drop me because I definately didn't remember that from the fight. I knew that his ground game was weak so I listened to my corner and scored some take downs to secure winning the first round. The second round I basically came out and did the same thing. I took him down and was trying to do work. I did my best trying to do damage and mess his hair up. I wanted to finish the fight soo bad. I feel like most guys would have given up but he continued to grab on to me and fight back. Finally, the bell rang and it was over. There was no doubt in my mind that I had won the fight. I heard Rampage and others yelling third round. That sucked. I thought I had won both rounds, no question. But I was down to do a third. Pat on the other hand was not. Before Nick's fight, I got to see Pat and his hand was swollen like Professor Klumps from the Nutty Professor. Turned out when we was throwing one of those big rights, I ducked my head and he smashed his hand bad. He later had to get surgery to get pins and plates put in his hand. I wish Pat the best and hope we will be able to fight again one day. I definately thought it was an exciting fight.

As far as the drama goes.....I don't really believe Rampage thought it should have gone to a third round. I'm sure he was just pissed that another one of his boy's had lost. It was really awkward because we were standing there waiting for the decision and Rampage was running around yelling and Forrest was yelling back and the gym was dead quiet. I will wait and let you guys see what happened afterwards next week. It got heated. It definately made for some good hype for their championship fight. I can't wait!

Thanks for all the love and support. If anybody is around, I will be in Macon, Ga this week at the RFL (Revolution Fight League). I would love for ya'll to come out and support the show. Rory and Andy worked really hard to put it on and some of my boys will fighting. Stephen Ledbetter (WEC fighter) will be fighting for a belt. So try to make it out if you can. Also, visit my website www.caleyarbrough.net.

Yours truly,
    Cale Yarbrough
    Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calefront.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	9111  

Last edited by Wolf; 5/15/2008 12:53am at .

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 8:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Very cool. Thanks Wolf, thanks Carl.

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 10:13am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awsome insight. Thanks for allowing Bullshido to post your blog here.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 10:14am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenJonas
    Very cool. Thanks Wolf, thanks Carl.
    lol.... um, it's Cale :toothy10:

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 10:58am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HA, my bad. I spent last night watching Aqua Teen reruns on my DVR. All I here in my head this morning is Carl commenting on the racing flames he painted on the side of his pool.

YouTube - Aqua Teen Hunger Force Commercial (Carl)

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 11:01am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carl is hairy and fat

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 12:10pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GaGorilla
    Carl is hairy and fat
    ^^ Just so you all know, this is Cale. ^^

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is a very cool thing. And that was a helluva fight.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 12:41pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks man glad you liked it. last night was the first time i had seen it and it was more exciting than i thought it was going to be.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 12:55pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, damn good fight. How the hell Pat stayed under your half guard and took that beating for 2 minutes was pretty amazing.

You and Wolf are at Hardcore right? Good to know, now I can cheer on a fellow ATT teammate.

Good luck Cale, I look forward to your next fight.

There was a bunch of commentary from Forrest about you "not caring about the ground game", was that accurate or was it just TUF editing?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast