Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 9:27pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment
    I'm not trying to imply that slams don't hurt, I just think that maybe Harris relies a little too much on them.
    I think that if he works on the post slam scramble for position he will improve his game by leaps and bounds

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 12:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd,bjj,mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    What the **** are you talking about. The head kicks that he missed, either went over his head or in front of his face. Every one of those kicks that hit the body, was a body kick. Have you EVER trained MT or MMA? I ask because, not only do I train MMA, I train it WITH Cale. We work the switch step with lead leg kicks period (unless it's a flick to the leg). That switch step precedes a powerful lead leg body kick every time. I can tell you without fear of being wrong that they were indeed body shots meant to be body shots.
    I went back and looked at his fight again, maybe you should do this. You are wright that some of those were body shots, all be it, striking Schultz in the arm pit. However you can also see the head shot attempts in there.His kicking needs improvement.This does not take away from him, he is still a solid fighter, there is nothing wrong with constructive criticism.
    You train with him, maybe it was the match up with Schultz. Sometimes that causes you to get messed up.
    The switch step kick was a part of the problem, he was doing it constantly , which was causing him to get a bit to close to Shultz. Which is why the body shots weren't blasting Schultz. Basically, his timing was off.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 12:18pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Oh, he definitely missed on head kicks. That's part of the reason he slipped and fell twice. My main issue was your statement that the switch-step is for headkicks. This is just untrue. The switch-step is used so that you can generate good solid power with a lead leg kick regardless of the target.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 12:27pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd,bjj,mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry, that was not what i was meaning, you are wright , that the switch step can be used to the body .
    Last edited by dbm; 5/20/2008 12:30pm at .

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 1:07pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Regardles I thought his fight looked good and I am ready to watch all the guys with 2 wins each face eachother in the coming weeks.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456