Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 9:08pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    Q-dot offers his sincerest apologies, kind sir. He claims to have misunderstood you entirely. At press time, he was still trying to solve a moderately complex problem and didn't read as closely as he should have.

Q-dot also agrees wholeheartedly with your keen analysis and apologizes for any inconvenience caused.
    S'okay, although, if it had gone any further I would have had to challenge you to a fight. Because, ya know, the internet is for serious.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 9:40pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cale's kicks were good, they were technical enough, he was turning the foot of his supporting leg and kicking with the shin, they were solid kicks, especially his body kicks. Also I've never done mma but I would imagine that since the stance and posture in different, throwing kicks in a mma fight is different than doing so in a muay thai or kickboxing match.

Knock-off Cthulhu

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 5:34am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Amir impressed me. Dude clearly has the correct mindset for fighting. Persistence is the word that comes into mind. He knew what he had to do to win and caught on to the wrestler's game late in the first round. Skill-wise he's still lacking, but I'd put him into a future prospect / very rough diamond category after seeing his two fights.

Also, I really dig how laid back he was before and after the fight.

The other fight was won like I thought it would be. Two strikers in the cage means that if the match doesn't end with a KO in the first round the more all-around guy will switch to ground and pound / submissions to finish the fight, especially if the better grappler of those two was the one who lost the first round. (Martin Kampmann's last UFC fight was a good example, IMO. Kickboxer vs. Boxer, kickboxer wins by submission)
    Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 2:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like Amir's personality, he's got a good subtle sense of humor. I've been rooting for Rampage the whole time, but for that fight I was hoping Amir would win.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 5:31pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd,bjj,mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintanon
    Looked like Cale's kicks were pretty spot on to me. He had a couple of low power or wild ones, but most were good solid shots to the legs and body. The other guy had some very crisp punching early on as well. Both guys are fairly inexperienced, they are ON NATIONAL FUCKING TELEVISION for the first time ever pretty much, and the training they do every day is fuckin grueling as well. I think they are generally doing quite well. As each person gets more used to the environment they won't be as nervous and will be better able to pace themselves and handle the pressure.
    I saw nothing wrong with those fights.
    I agree that these guys are defiantly under alot of stress and pressure , however; i am saying that his kicks sucked because they were off target, except the leg shots, you are wright those were good kicks. Anyone should be able to kick low, its when you go high that takes skill!The body shots , I don't beleive were meant for the body, they looked like head shot attempts. Any time those guys do that switch step then lead round, they go for the head. Shultz just got inside the kick, took it in the body instead. Watch carefully. I watched him kick on a bag and he still sucked at kicking. Telegraphs his kick way to much. This is just my opinion , wright or wrong .I am going to take a look at it again, from a different perspective.
    Last edited by dbm; 5/16/2008 5:35pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 6:14pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbm
    I agree that these guys are defiantly under alot of stress and pressure , however; i am saying that his kicks sucked because they were off target, except the leg shots, you are wright those were good kicks. Anyone should be able to kick low, its when you go high that takes skill!The body shots , I don't beleive were meant for the body, they looked like head shot attempts. Any time those guys do that switch step then lead round, they go for the head. Shultz just got inside the kick, took it in the body instead. Watch carefully. I watched him kick on a bag and he still sucked at kicking. Telegraphs his kick way to much. This is just my opinion , wright or wrong .I am going to take a look at it again, from a different perspective.
    What the **** are you talking about. The head kicks that he missed, either went over his head or in front of his face. Every one of those kicks that hit the body, was a body kick. Have you EVER trained MT or MMA? I ask because, not only do I train MMA, I train it WITH Cale. We work the switch step with lead leg kicks period (unless it's a flick to the leg). That switch step precedes a powerful lead leg body kick every time. I can tell you without fear of being wrong that they were indeed body shots meant to be body shots.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I remember watching Gerald Harris fight live against Benji Radach in the IFL. I remembered his fight against Fabio Leopoldo and though Harris was going to win that one, but he lost (But only after picking the guy up for a slam). Harris can slam the crap out of people, but nothing much else of note, I think. I think maybe he should quit worrying about how's going to slam someone, because that seems to a take a toll on his energy. He should focus his apparently brutish strength on other things. Like lay and pray.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2008 11:24pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment
    I remember watching Gerald Harris fight live against Benji Radach in the IFL. I remembered his fight against Fabio Leopoldo and though Harris was going to win that one, but he lost (But only after picking the guy up for a slam). Harris can slam the crap out of people, but nothing much else of note, I think. I think maybe he should quit worrying about how's going to slam someone, because that seems to a take a toll on his energy. He should focus his apparently brutish strength on other things. Like lay and pray.
    I was training today and got picked up off the cage with my hips at about my partners jaw line. I had never been picked up that high before and for a moment I thought,,damn this must have really sucked for Amir. My partner dropped me in a controlled manner but it still jarred me. I might piss my shorts if GH did that to me with bad intentions.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 1:37pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I had a guillotine on a guy once and was picked up and pressed against the wall. My head was easily 8-9 feet off the ground. I held onto the choke because I knew he couldn't slam me because of how we were positioned. It was, however, disconcerting.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/17/2008 2:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was training today and got picked up off the cage with my hips at about my partners jaw line. I had never been picked up that high before and for a moment I thought,,damn this must have really sucked for Amir. My partner dropped me in a controlled manner but it still jarred me. I might piss my shorts if GH did that to me with bad intentions.
    I'm not trying to imply that slams don't hurt, I just think that maybe Harris relies a little too much on them.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 6 LastLast