hahahahahahahaha

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 1:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man, Pat seemed odd in his stand up. On the one hand, he started the round with some absolutely precision stiff jabs and left hooks. He also showed some good head movement in round one, and even though he was loading his right and throwing that weird overhand right to the body, he was landing a lot of stiff shots. What was odd, though, was that at the same time as he was showing this really crisp striking, he also seemed to just be throwing a lot of really wild shots. And I too noticed that he was basically boxing. Almost no kicks, and no knees or clinch. Odd for a Thai boxer, IMO.

Cale did what he needed to do. A fighter may like to "stand up and bang", but you know what? This is freakin' MMA, not kickboxing! You shouldn't be fighting in MMA if you have no ground skills at all and simply want to stand and trade. Go kick box, then. So, Cale took him down and dominated. Go Cale!

Also, I grew to like Amir in this episode. Again a perfect case of just doing what you need to do. I like that he didn't talk trash before (which some mistook to be a lack of confidence) and totally kept his cool and remained calm in the fight. I mean, he clearly lost the first round, but seemed unfazed. He just came out and took care of business in round two.

But once again, I think the cornering made a huge difference in both these fights. Forrest is simply a better cornerman and it showed.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 2:19pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    You goddamn right you're biased. What he **** is wrong with you? Baby hammer fists and elbows? Did you see Amir's face after the fight? Did you hear Amir say "yes, that **** he was hitting me hurt like a ************. And when he took me down, I didn't have time to be uspset I just thought the **** was impressive".

The dude came out and fought a good fight. His slams and takedowns and persistence was amazing. Don't discredit him simply because he was fighting your boy.

Bitch ass ************.
    I think you are quoting the wrong person. I thought Gerald Harris was awesome and unless theword is friends with Amir also then I am pretty sure you are confused.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 2:21pm

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    I don't think Forrest thought Schultz won the first round at all. I think it was his way of saying "My guy is whooping your guys ass, and he can keep it up another round."

As for comments about Schultz earlier. I'm willing to give him some leeway with the broken hand and all. I understand that, that effectively ends you ability to do much with it. That said, where were his kicks and punches with the other hand. I'd think all his training there would have him able able to use other weapons.

yeah in retrospect i can see it that way also, and i can definitely see why schultz would take it that way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 2:29pm

Style: Boxing, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that was a decent episode. I thought the wrestler dude seemed a little lost after he got the takedown. He landed some stuff, but it was few and far between. I’m also a little confused about Amir being some big underdog; the guy he beat to get on the show fought in the ufc before didn’t he? He seemed calm and tough on the bottom, if not very aggressive trying for subs.

The second fight was odd. For two “stand up” guys they looked pretty sloppy. Now, I’m no expert with years of experience and tons of trophies, but the first thing we tell the newbies in boxing class is a) don’t load up with your right, b) don’t drop your right when you throw your left, and c) if you see your opponent do either of those in the ring you time it and nail them. Schultz did that ALL THE TIME and CY didn’t take much advantage. He also never countered the right hand to the body either, which is the main reason I thought Schultz won the first round. He landed some crisp shots and CYdidn’t counter and didn’t seem to be able to deal with the jab or land clean shots. Schultz also landed some decent looking kicks and CY’s seemed late and inaccurate.

The second round was an easy 10-8 though, so I don’t see any controversy over the outcome. I can’t believe Dana White just stood there and let them bullshit about a third round. I thought he’d shut that down and do his big boss man thing.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 3:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein McFly
    Yeah, that was a decent episode. I thought the wrestler dude seemed a little lost after he got the takedown. He landed some stuff, but it was few and far between. Iím also a little confused about Amir being some big underdog; the guy he beat to get on the show fought in the ufc before didnít he? He seemed calm and tough on the bottom, if not very aggressive trying for subs.

The second fight was odd. For two ďstand upĒ guys they looked pretty sloppy. Now, Iím no expert with years of experience and tons of trophies, but the first thing we tell the newbies in boxing class is a) donít load up with your right, b) donít drop your right when you throw your left, and c) if you see your opponent do either of those in the ring you time it and nail them. Schultz did that ALL THE TIME and CY didnít take much advantage. He also never countered the right hand to the body either, which is the main reason I thought Schultz won the first round. He landed some crisp shots and CYdidnít counter and didnít seem to be able to deal with the jab or land clean shots. Schultz also landed some decent looking kicks and CYís seemed late and inaccurate.

The second round was an easy 10-8 though, so I donít see any controversy over the outcome. I canít believe Dana White just stood there and let them bullshit about a third round. I thought heíd shut that down and do his big boss man thing.

Watch Cale hit the pads in that episode, almost every time the pad holder throws a right hook, it lands. So, um, yeah sloppy is an acceptable description.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 3:26pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    other than the punch that dropped cale, only a couple of Schultz' punches did much. However, look at how man leg and especially hard body kicks Cale landed. I think those did a lot more damage than the punches schultz threw.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tkd,bjj,mma

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know why these guys go into this show with such poor cardio. I know that 2 rounds 5 min is a long time , but you would think that they would be better prepared. So far i have seen just about everyone gas by the end of the first, hence the shitty fights. Why does their kicking technique sucks so bad. I thought Cale was a kickboxer, his stand up is embarrassing. His kicks are lame.Schultz is even worse.
    I am not trying to take anything away from these guys,both of them are tough , I am looking at this from a technical stand point.
    This is just what i have observed, anyone else see this?
    Last edited by dbm; 5/15/2008 7:16pm at .

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:12pm

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    which one fella?

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:50pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looked like Cale's kicks were pretty spot on to me. He had a couple of low power or wild ones, but most were good solid shots to the legs and body. The other guy had some very crisp punching early on as well. Both guys are fairly inexperienced, they are ON NATIONAL FUCKING TELEVISION for the first time ever pretty much, and the training they do every day is fuckin grueling as well. I think they are generally doing quite well. As each person gets more used to the environment they won't be as nervous and will be better able to pace themselves and handle the pressure.
    I saw nothing wrong with those fights.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast