Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 1:57am

Style: 777

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i know amir, his jits is sick, he has a blackbelt in sambo and i saw him fight a 10 minute exibitions fight with a bb from brazil and loose only by advantage. if he would have felt he could have finished the triangle i'm sure he wold have, the set up was there but not perfect and he would have risked giving up side control if it was not. i am biased however.

it didn't look like forrest was being rude, he actually said that cale would fight a third round, i took that to mean that he also thought that the other guy won the first round. i thought he was being cool about the whole thing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 2:32am

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was very impressed with Amir in this episode. I haven't been following the season very closely and when I saw the lead up to the fight was:

1) Amir is inexperienced as a pro
    2) Other-Guy-Can't-Remember-His-Name-Wrestler was big on shooting in and slamming people I thought, 'Great, another inexperienced striker goes in against a wrestler who then lays on him for ten minutes grinding out a decisive, yet wholly uninspiring victory by dropping baby hammer fists and elbows from guard/side control while the coaches yell and then the guy that lost will cry and proclaim to the cameras, 'that wasn't my best in there, you haven't seen the real me!'.

But Amir surprised me and I was very impressed with his performance.

But

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 6:33am

Style: Yoshukai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Well, except for Schultz. That dude just sucks. He trains at one of the best MT acadamies in the country and he looked terrible on his feet. I mean seriously, if he didn't say it himself I'd never believe he came from Sidyodtong (sp?).
    Seconded. I was suprised by the way he kept loading up that right hand and throwing to the body (or anywhere else). They showed his record to be 7-1-1; I expected a more polished fighter coming from that gym with that many fights (better combos, more checks and counters, combo and circle out, ect..).

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    Seconded. I was suprised by the way he kept loading up that right hand and throwing to the body (or anywhere else). They showed his record to be 7-1-1; I expected a more polished fighter coming from that gym with that many fights (better combos, more checks and counters, combo and circle out, ect..).
    While Shultz's stand up was sloppy it was his utter lack of takedown defense that really did him in. The first shot Cale did looked like it really surprised Shultz; like Cale had broken some unspoken agreement to stand and bang the whole time. But even giving him the benefit of the doubt on that one, it seemed he was just falling into closed guard every time after that.

It seems like there is a ton of psychological pressure on these guys to go for big wild knockouts. They know it's on national television so they swing a ton of hail mary's hoping to get a highlight reel clip.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:29am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    He trains at one of the best MT acadamies in the country and he looked terrible on his feet. I mean seriously, if he didn't say it himself I'd never believe he came from Sidyodtong (sp?).
    Correction: THE best Muay Thai academy in the country. And I thought he did very well in that first round.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 7:31am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And Moose, you might say the dude should have triangled the living **** out of that ************, but you must realize that triangling a powerful wrestler who is on top of you and punching/elbowing you in the face is not something that just happens because you want it to.
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 8:04am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bleh, I knew the episode I missed would be the one that Cale fought on. I'll have to dig it up on bittorrent or youtube or something and check it out. I'm glad he won though. YAY!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Submission Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vector
    In Schultz's defense according to Amir's blog he broke his hand in the first- hence just loading the right. (d'oh, I didn't see Cale's blog- he says the same thing)

This, however, in no way excuses his ground game or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Luchador; 5/15/2008 9:18am at .

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 9:14am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theword
    2) Other-Guy-Can't-Remember-His-Name-Wrestler was big on shooting in and slamming people I thought, 'Great, another inexperienced striker goes in against a wrestler who then lays on him for ten minutes grinding out a decisive, yet wholly uninspiring victory by dropping baby hammer fists and elbows from guard/side control while the coaches yell and then the guy that lost will cry and proclaim to the cameras, 'that wasn't my best in there, you haven't seen the real me!'.

But Amir surprised me and I was very impressed with his performance.
    You goddamn right you're biased. What he **** is wrong with you? Baby hammer fists and elbows? Did you see Amir's face after the fight? Did you hear Amir say "yes, that **** he was hitting me hurt like a ************. And when he took me down, I didn't have time to be uspset I just thought the **** was impressive".

The dude came out and fought a good fight. His slams and takedowns and persistence was amazing. Don't discredit him simply because he was fighting your boy.

Bitch ass ************.

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    5/15/2008 9:46am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by danielson
    it didn't look like forrest was being rude, he actually said that cale would fight a third round, i took that to mean that he also thought that the other guy won the first round. i thought he was being cool about the whole thing.
    I don't think Forrest thought Schultz won the first round at all. I think it was his way of saying "My guy is whooping your guys ass, and he can keep it up another round."

As for comments about Schultz earlier. I'm willing to give him some leeway with the broken hand and all. I understand that, that effectively ends you ability to do much with it. That said, where were his kicks and punches with the other hand. I'd think all his training there would have him able able to use other weapons.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast