Administrator

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 5:55pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DunkelAnanas

If ninjutsu was teaching this kind of love to the kunoichi, I'd enroll at the nearest booj gym I could find. Unless the dudes were learning it too...

Seriously, "respect, discipline, and love?" It's a martial art, not a religion!!!!!! If you want to live a life full of rainbows, respect and love, join a cult.
    9/10

I'd of given you a 10 if, you had of added "Oh wait" at the end of the cult sentence.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 6:12pm

Style: ARMA Scholar, Longsword

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by atc ridr
    show me where a ninjitsu dojo is like that, i'll be there.
    It's very close.

All you have to do is...

...ride the rainboooow... :gay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 7:03pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GDRolfe
    I agree that Ninjutsu is a great martial art. Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu is one of the last, if not THE last, complete martial art. It teaches you to survive any situation. It's a martial art that doesn't teach one to fight, to be a brawler or thug. They teach people to protect themselves and others. They teach that there is more to martial arts than punching and kicking; that the true goal in training in the martial arts is to live a life of respect, discipline, and love.

wait wait wait... Did you even read the absolute shite you just wrote there? Let me summarize:

It teaches you to survive any situation but doesn't teach one to fight

"They" (ninjas, ie assasins / spies / thieves / mythical elves) teach that the true goal in training in the martial arts is to live a life of respect, discipline, and love (even though the art of the ninja is about totally killing people, and not sparring in a sport based event)

Is that about it? So the legends about ninjers, the only place where ninjers exist BTW, are suddenly thrown out the window for the new hippie style let's all love and hold hands? If ninjers are so darn peaceful, why can't they step into the ring for a gentlemanly exchange of blows?

douchebag

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 7:44pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis_Fist
    wait wait wait... Did you even read the absolute shite you just wrote there? Let me summarize:

It teaches you to survive any situation but doesn't teach one to fight

"They" (ninjas, ie assasins / spies / thieves / mythical elves) teach that the true goal in training in the martial arts is to live a life of respect, discipline, and love (even though the art of the ninja is about totally killing people, and not sparring in a sport based event)

Is that about it? So the legends about ninjers, the only place where ninjers exist BTW, are suddenly thrown out the window for the new hippie style let's all love and hold hands? If ninjers are so darn peaceful, why can't they step into the ring for a gentlemanly exchange of blows?

douchebag
    It is completely obvious why ninjas are unable to go in the ring even though the apparently preach hippie bullshit: they are like Charles Manson hippies. They are -in reality- trying to start a MA war where bjj guys are fighting kung fu guys to the death. Impromptu battles will form in the streets with various aikidoka smashing muay thai guys into walls using their own energy while eskrima fighters will dodge no touch KO's from karateka while smashing in the heads of TKDrs. Once the fighting is over, the ninjers will emerge from their hideouts, kill the survivors and start a new age of ninja peace -which they will call a "ninjertopia". Ninjers are going to provoke this MA war by trolling Bullshido under the guise of MAP members.
    Last edited by DunkelAnanas; 9/26/2008 10:10pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 7:57pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's golden dunkel. I'll remember this if I ever want to make fun of "shaolin" kempo in the future, I'll have to let you slide...

;-)

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 9:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It is completely obvious why ninjas are unable to go in the ring even though the apparently preach hippie bullshit: they are like Charles Manson hippies.
    This is perfect.

One question: What album do they claim as the basis for their beliefs? Which band put coded messages into their songs to be interpreted as a blueprint for the coming revolution?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:03pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    This is perfect.

One question: What album do they claim as the basis for their beliefs? Which band put coded messages into their songs to be interpreted as a blueprint for the coming revolution?
    I would have to say Maroon 5. They are somehow a popular band, even though I've never seen anyone buy or download one of their songs. Therefore, they must have a huge ninja fanbase seeing as masters of secrecy would be the only ones able to conceal their enjoyment of these songs from the world.

Also, just look at the lyrics to "Won't Go Home Without You":

"The weight of things that remain unspoken"

Who is it that never speaks? Ninjas.

"I won't go home without You."

Who is this "You"? America. They want America, and the won't go home (to their ninja lair) without it.

"I may not make it through the night"

Again, who spends a lot of time fighting at night? Ninjas.

I could go on, but man I hate reading Maroon 5 lyrics. It's almost as bad as listening to them.
    Almost.

@mantis_fist
    I know, I know, shaolin ke?po. I'm "in between" arts right now and until I start something else (hoping bjj) I'm leaving my style as such seeing it is the most recent art I have studied.
    Last edited by DunkelAnanas; 9/26/2008 10:09pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:29pm

Style: BJJ, JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Isn't there any new thread to harass, I thought this thread was months old.

edit: Dude I have no clue how the hell i had 6 of those I hit the thing once I swear to god

Troll 4 life.

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 10:33pm

Style: None.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy **** I want some of that........

Registered Member

Posted On:
    9/26/2008 11:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @mantis_fist
    I know, I know, shaolin ke?po. I'm "in between" arts right now and until I start something else (hoping bjj) I'm leaving my style as such seeing it is the most recent art I have studied.
    It's all good bro, I thought The Perfect Weapon was cool too when I was a kid! In all seriousness, the art I've spent the most years in and hold the highest ranking is tae kwon do, which has it's own share of ridicule.

But seriously, I thought I would add something useful to the conversation should any cult followers of ninjertsu still be reading. I have a little bit of a homework assignment given to me by the guys over in the Japanese arts forum, and it's pretty interesting. I've been studying koryu, or "old school" Japanese martial arts. It is interesting to note that according to the folks over at www.koryu.com, based on actual historical research, they do not consider ninjertsu a legitimate, traditional Japanese martial art.

http://www.koryu.com/library/ninjutsu.html

We've been accused of unreasonable prejudice against the popular "ninjutsu"-derived arts. Simply put, it is our opinion that modern-day ninjutsu and ninjutsu-derived arts are not koryu bujutsu. They are not based on a continuous transmission of technique and culture. Koryu.com covers koryu bujutsu. That doesn't mean that arts we don't cover are not worthwhile. We just don't cover them. Given that this is my site, I think that is my perogative.
    Let me say this again, since it seems some people don't understand. Koryu.com does not cover ninjutsu! The art and those derived from it do not fall into our definition of the koryu bujutsu. Period. If you want to define the koryu differently, that's fine. Just don't ask us to change our definition, which is based on considerable first-hand experience and decades of research in Japanese source material. Please do not trouble yourself to write us to try and convince us to change our minds. It will not work.
    We have made every effort to be as low-key as possible on the issue of "Is ninjutsu koryu?" We do not stress or advertise our position. That's because we sincerely believe that if your training is working for you then it is none of our business. However, if you come to us and ask whether we consider ninjutsu or the Bujinkan-derived arts to be koryu--well, we can only provide our honest opinion.
    Please, please, please don't waste your time or ours. We really are familiar with the material relating to this issue; unless you happen to be a Japanese scholar who delves into ancient makimono, you won't turn up something we haven't seen and considered. Again, just because we don't share the same opinion doesn't mean that we are not all doing useful and good training. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu. I really appreciate your consideration!
    So for the record, if the ninjers were claiming to train a martial art they made up whilst wearing pajamas, then all we are doing here is making fun of you. The reality is ninjers tell their cult followers that their art is ancient, and that is not true. Therefore, we are making fun of you for good reason. We really want to help you! The following are facts:

1) you are being lied to about the history and battlefield effectiveness about your art
    2) your masters are not real ninjers
    3) you are not real ninjers