Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 10:57am

Style: Chinese Kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The last two fights rocked. I don't know who I enjoyed watching more, Maeda or Pulver. Maeda being from Japan had a different style of fighting that was a kick to watch. Looked like when he got to the ground though, he wasn't quite sure what to do next. Tough SOB, that's for sure. Pulver was just having a good time using his melon for a punching bag. I don't think I've ever seen two guys getting pounded smile that much.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 11:24am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Was at the fight here in my town of Sacramento. All i have to say is god damn am I lucky. I whent to school with Urijah and have been watching Kings game at Arco for years. the crowed was DEFANING. You couldnt even hear the anouncer. Jens put on a HELL of a show for alot of Sacramento Faber fans that didnt expect him to last a single round. Torrez was excellent as well. I havent seen what they tellivised yet (I have it recorded at home) but did they show the dude stand on the cage and do a back flip off it? that was pretty crazy too.

Beer was 9.50 for 24oz. UGH!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 12:16pm

Style: IRT/FMA/BJJ/BUDO TAIJUTSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes it was a good night. Faber looked really strong and kept firing the right hand. I was waiting for pulver to fire his left but he was cautious. Still it was a good headling fight. Give them both credit as they each took shots and kept on going! It was nice to see Pulver keeping forward pressure as always. Just wish he would have thrown the left cross more as it was there all night.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 1:08pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by yourfavorite
    BJ fight.
    Ugh, if only it were possible...

Anyway, my dvr is pure suckage. I recorded the midnight showing of this event, and got an hour of TapouT :(. However, i managed to see Rob "I suck dick" Mccullough and his whatever opponent put on the most exciting display of martial arts this side of Kata competition...

I saw cowboy's fight, and i was pretty happy with it. I watched him on TapouT (stfu) and i was very impressed, and i'm glad to see he is continuing his winning streak.

I also saw the 6'6 dude and the 6'0 dude fight (i forgot their names) I think 6'6 dude would have pulled it out if he had a little more active guard, but hey, live and learn.

Of course, i wanted to see the faber/pulver fight, and the maeda/torres fight, but, versus plays this **** religiously, so i'll catch it again.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 4:22pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Frank Mir is a pontificating asshole as a commentator. He gets so wrapped up in showing off how much he knows that he seems to forget there's a fight going on. Besides that, his commentary is obnoxiously biased. You can always tell who he wants to win. Also, I get tired of his "what he would do" nonsense, as he isn't exactly a legend in the sport just yet.

Seriously, he annoys me more than Mike Goldberg. At least Goldberg can be counted on to constantly provide unintentional humor with his blatant stupidity. He is so annoying that most of my friends, who don't train, have developed a hatred for him without me even hinting at how much I hate his commentary.

Edit: Also, the fights were pretty good.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 4:33pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great show.

I also feel like Pulver never really let his hands go. Still a war, though.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 4:38pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I bought tickets to watch this event live just so I wouldnt have to listen to Mir's commentating

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 4:41pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The way Torres fights off his back makes me squeak with joy. Awesome fights.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 4:47pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius
    Frank Mir is a pontificating asshole as a commentator. He gets so wrapped up in showing off how much he knows that he seems to forget there's a fight going on.
    One of the best parts of the Torres/Maeda fight was that it was so good it snapped Frank out of this tendency and he's just sitting there going "Man, this is a good fight."
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 5:32pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    How many times have you actually watched BJ fight. BJ was whooping Hughes up until his injury. In a rematch BJ by total annihilation.
    And here we go...does BJ send you guys a script when you sign on at bjpenn.tv or something? Yes, I've seen the fight. BJ has 1 good round and then Hughes traps him in the same position James Thompson kept trying to get on Kimbo and tees off on his noggin, which allows Big John McCarthy to hit him in the head with a knee to put him out of action. You do realize that the ring doctors found no evidence of this alleged "rib injury" and the only proof we have of it is what BJ said after the fight? And a hearty LOL at "he was winning right up until he lost!".

We already saw how quickly he dismantled pulver the second time which Faber couldn't do, and Lyoto is like 6 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier. Of course he was going to win that fight.
    (Sarcasm) Well BJ is like natrually 30 pounds heavier than Jens [who walks around at 154] of course he was going to win that fight.(Sarcasm) You do realize that BJ came to that fight within 2-3 pounds of Machida, it's not like he weighed in at 155 the day of.

Faber is good, but he's not nearly as strong or as big as Stevenson. Really Urijah is like a smaller version of Stevension. Faber would get murdered the same way, only faster
    Faber is not as good as Stevenson because he is not as big and strong? Between this and the Machida quote I'm starting to wonder if you are angling for a membership in Team Duff, the official Bullshido Chapter of the Bill Duff Fan Club (TM). And please tell me when Joe Stevenson has showcased standup as good as Faber did last night. I'm not saying "the California Kid" is a lock to beat BJ, but to act like he has no chance in hell is just silly.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast