Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 2:54am

Style: Muay Thai n00b

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRoc
    Cant stop the Rush. If he goes to middleweight it will be interesting. I still think he will be unstoppable. VS Silva would be very interesting.
    Possibly the best fight in the history of the UFC, if it ever happens.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 7:07am

Style: BJJ (on hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Pulver looked a hell of a lot worse than he did the first time he fought BJ...
    Fixed it for you.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 7:08am

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jesus, what a great night of fights. Faber vs. Pulver was a war. I was hoping Pulver would pull the trigger in the final round, but he never tried to go in for the kill. Maeda vs. Torres was ridiculous. Makes up for that godawful EliteXC event.

and good morning to you too

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 7:37am

supporting member
     Style: MT/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Two Q's:

1) Did anyone else know Faber was that quick on his feet? Holy crap his striking was crisp.

2) When/who does Torres fight again? Holy **** I've never seen a man fight like that. Right - left cross - coming back from the cross with a left elbow - right... Awesome.
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 7:50am

supporting member
     Style: none, yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought the Maedo/Torres fight and the Pulver/Faber fight were not only characterized by the crazy action but by the respect each fighter had for each other. Jens Pulver is a class act, in my opinion, in the way he respects his opponents and the (usually, it seems) hostile crowd. And he has a jaw of fucking granite, even if his eye looked like a marshmallow.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:00am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Great night of fights. WEC is the tough, badass younger brother of the UFC who will kick your ass, but is really cool although not as popular with the chicks. Will you be my friend, WEC?

Dammit, Pulver, I thought you would have thrown more combos. How did he not try for that left head kick?

Faber is a beast/monster.

Torres vs Maeda was an excellent display of some good ****. Holy crap, those guys could bang. Go bantamweights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:05am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Maeda is a badass, I've never seen him fight before. I think he would have taken that fight if Torres didn't have such incredible stamina.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:32am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    Maeda is a badass, I've never seen him fight before. I think he would have taken that fight if Torres didn't have such incredible stamina.
    agreed. torres is insane, and maeda was STILL in that fight. even though torres looks like an alien, he will wreck the **** out of your whole family.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:39am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Commodore Pipes
    Pulver/Faber fight were not only characterized by the crazy action but by the respect each fighter had for each other. Jens Pulver is a class act, in my opinion, in the way he respects his opponents and the (usually, it seems) hostile crowd. And he has a jaw of fucking granite, even if his eye looked like a marshmallow.
    i thought that too. you could see even DURING the fight, that jens was kinda "coaching" him and giving him props on his technique. he would smile whenever he ate a particularly tight combo or punch. in the 4th/5th rounds, he was eating elbow like crazy, and he still went to decision. that's what changed my mind about jens pulver.

AND, to respond to my earlier post, ("you can't just go into a fight and expect to beat bj") i was referring to the fact that, when you get a bj fight, you don't just think "wow, this will be a cake walk". bj is a super technical fighter. he's got everything. the fight he lost to GSP was a split decision, and bj looked awesome. if he fought him again, he'd own him.

i said BJ fight. *snicker*

T3h R34l Gangnam Style!

Posted On:
    6/02/2008 8:41am

staff
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince Tortelli
    Matt Hughes, Jens Pulver, and Lyoto Machida also hold wins over the Hawaian Man Child. And considering that every time GSP rematches someone, it's demolition, I believe the fight will consist of Rush bouncing BJ around the Octagon like an basketball.
    How many times have you actually watched BJ fight. BJ was whooping Hughes up until his injury. In a rematch BJ by total annihilation. We already saw how quickly he dismantled pulver the second time which Faber couldn't do, and Lyoto is like 6 inches taller and 50 lbs heavier. Of course he was going to win that fight. Faber is good, but he's not nearly as strong or as big as Stevenson. Really Urijah is like a smaller version of Stevension. Faber would get murdered the same way, only faster.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast