• Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 2:51pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    greco/FS wrestling won't help you on the ground. only folkstyle may but that's about it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 3:02pm

Style: stand up,clinch,ground

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    there is not much difference between folkstyle and freestyle, just control and match points.

greco is excellent for the clinch and the others for takedowns and are good bases if you add some jits!

btw - the wing chun statement was joke!

Don't mess with the Mega-Buster

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 3:28pm

supporting member
     Style: A+B, D-Pad

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To be effective fast the big two are Muay Thai and BJJ no doubt. To get savy with takedowns outside the sphere of BJJ, go with greco roman, Judo or Freesty...did I just repeat everything said on the thread? If we are all in consenses lets consider the matter closed ...all in favor say aye.

NAY

Who said that?

WHAT ABOUT WING TSUN?

Piss up a rope guy.

COME CLOSER SO I MAY TRAP YOUR ARMS....

nay.

:p
    Secret moves such as hitting a thing with your hand and hitting a thing with your leg have been stolen and degenerated by arts like karate, boxing, muay-thai, Kung-fu, and basketball. -Epicurious

I for one welcome our new Ninja overlords.
    -Whiteshark

I figure fighting a group of chunners would be like water torture, its not the force as such, just the constant trickle of chain punches wearing down your sanity. -The Juggernoob

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 8:53pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what the **** are you talking about? shogun???
    Murilo "Ninja" Rua and his brother, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua, fighting out of Chute Boxe. About as far from skinny little white boy ninjas as you can get.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 10:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said REAL NINJAS, You ROUND EYES!!!!

ONLY A NINJA CAN STOP A NINJA!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 11:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BBN,

FS WON'T HELP YOU ON THE GROUND!?!?!??!?

NAY I say.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 6:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    how is greco and FS going tgo help?
    on top: your goal is to turn someone from their stomach-to-floor to back-to-floor, a useless skill. you also clasp most of the time, which you don't do in MMA since you need at least oen hadn to punch or attempt submission.

on bottom:
    resist beign turned. in BJJ, you WANT to turn to ur back. the only pos that looks the same in both BJJ and FS is double leg vines: but even fighting a double leg vine/hook in FS is completely different than in submission wrestling. even the hooks themselves are done differently (in FS its more like a "leg curl" excersize you do in a nautilus machine. your shoes are at the hips, but in BJJ ur feet are dug deep next to their knees)

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 6:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    actually scratch that about the leg vines (from top). i think i may be wrong. i'm not sure since i hate vining in wrsetling. i know they're different b/c i can do them in BJJ but in FS or folkstyle i keep screwing up. i just dont' know how to exlain it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/29/2003 2:18pm

Style: Judo/Pankration

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Standing up: Muay Thai as well as true Hsing I. I have seen things from Hsing I that really make me happy.
    Clinch: Judo and, even more so, Sambo.
    Ground: Sambo and BJJ. Sambo more than BJJ actually, wider array of locks, different perspectives, lesser known "secret weapons". Still pretty fresh. Judo works too.

Escrima has been said... and YES, it's a GREAT style for standing up, but I always suspected that a MMA fighter using it would run quickly short of opponents ^_^ Escrima is BRUTAL. It would be legal, but not very nice or sportive.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234