Posted On:
    11/26/2003 2:06am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To promote another website I post at...

Check out the one affiliated with www.wannabebig.com

And wtf happened at the throwdown J-Kid?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 7:05am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a little wrestling experience, but am new here, so take my advice for what it's worth. I'd avoid Creatine and its derivatives/brand names if you're cutting weight; especially if you're ingesting a diuretic like Ripped Fuel or any other number of "thermogenic" drinks. Again, I want to emphasize NOT taking creatine if you're cutting weight. The diuretics will significantly reduce the beneficial effects of Creatine as it effectively "superhydrates" your body; not mentioning the fact that this can be dangerous. In more common terms, taking creatine will make you gain water weight. Also, on the subject of Protein Shakes, there's really no need to spend that kind of money. First of all, you're going to be hungry and a protein shake won't fill you up or taste nearly as good as a small piece of steak or baked potato. Eat good whole foods combining protein and carbs and minding total caloric intake, this is the best approach and remarkably the cheapest.
    Last edited by Owen; 11/26/2003 8:57am at .

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 6:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    J-Kid :

http://www.bodybuilding.com

Seems to have Comparative Prices with anyone ... but he best bit is theyre usually REALLY Trouble Free , and easily dealt with .

Owen :

Where the HELL do you live that Steak is Cheaper than a Protein Shake ??? I wanna order from THERE

But mostly Shakes are just about Expediency , and not taking in quite so much if you dont have to .

Posted On:
    11/26/2003 7:17pm

Style: MMA-Vale Tudo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Owen
    I have a little wrestling experience, but am new here, so take my advice for what it's worth. I'd avoid Creatine and its derivatives/brand names if you're cutting weight; especially if you're ingesting a diuretic like Ripped Fuel or any other number of "thermogenic" drinks. Again, I want to emphasize NOT taking creatine if you're cutting weight. The diuretics will significantly reduce the beneficial effects of Creatine as it effectively "superhydrates" your body; not mentioning the fact that this can be dangerous. In more common terms, taking creatine will make you gain water weight. Also, on the subject of Protein Shakes, there's really no need to spend that kind of money. First of all, you're going to be hungry and a protein shake won't fill you up or taste nearly as good as a small piece of steak or baked potato. Eat good whole foods combining protein and carbs and minding total caloric intake, this is the best approach and remarkably the cheapest.
    Can i get my porter house steak via email please?????
    Once a fighter, Always a fighter. Shawn
    -Styles i train in-
    Judo
    Bjj
    Mtkickboxing
    Western boxing
    Wrestling

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 5:26am

Style: Vaghi BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Djimbe, that website doesn't appear to carry that product anymore. The point i was trying to get across was that it's far cheaper, more filling, and also more convenient to cut weight without supplements. If the 3 lb container costs about $30 bucks, you're still paying about 2 cents per gram of protein. I got a couple cartons of Jumbo eggs @ $0.79 today at the store. That comes out to less than $.01 per gram of protein. It's not only because it's cheaper that it's better, it's also because it will be more filling, which is very nice when trying to cut weight. Of course you don't have to get steak, but a top sirloin's dirt cheap around here. I'm talking less than a dollar for a 6-8 oz. one. No, you're probably not going to be eating prime rib, rib eye, or a New York Strip, but if you buy the cheaper meats and learn how to slow cook them to make them leaner, it's a good deal and much cheaper than a protein shake and far more filling. I always felt more full after actually eating something than drinking 12-16 ounces of whichever supplement I chose. I'm sure J-kid will find out how much more satisfying it is to actually eat a small meal than drink a comparable one.

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 7:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I take shakes because i cant be bothered to eat more than the four or five meals i already eat a day, and call me a weird freaky 'tien head' but i actually like the taste, the texture could be better though. the protein shake i take tastes much better if you make it with full fat milk rather than water. i would say to jkid that if he is still a young guy at school, then not to worry too much about that kind of stuff, because he will still be growing, just pressure your mum into buying you loads of steak, fish . Mothers are also easily conned into buying expensive vitamins etc.

The man they call FoM

Posted On:
    11/27/2003 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "but i actually like the taste"

You sick freak.
    The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
    - Pizdoff

Neutral, or nearly so

Posted On:
    11/28/2003 2:13pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Met-Rx Protein Plus Milk Chocolate + Milk = Super Tastey
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123