Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 1:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Awesome advice from everyone. I've just started working on kicks and have found all of this to be very helpful.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 3:19pm

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    My favorite combo was to start out in southpaw, feignt a left round, drop it down into orthodox, slide back to reset distance, and this usually trapped the opponent into thinking it was time for him to move in. Which set him up perfectly for a JSBK.
    I usually try to keep it orthodox, but this sounds interesting. I like the mind game tactics, so I'm gonna try this out and see if I have any success.

Very boring but I have good luck with jab - cross - SBK. As i pull my cross back I go directly into the spinning back kick the punch combination usually gets their hands up high and opens the body.
    Actually, that is exactly the type of answer I was looking for, thanks man.

I don't know what kind of competition you're thinking about using the straight back kick in, which may change your tactics. But I found most of my success with the straight back kick as a counter to a kick or as a clinch technique (Wait, what did he say?!). I love using the fade away jumping straight back kick as a way to break away from a clinch.
    Is the fade away jumping straight back kick like a SBK? I dont understand how you can use SBK to break out of a clinch, can you explain it a bit more?

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 3:21pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was taught not to be overly reliant on one stance, since operating out of an open or closed stance against your opponent can provide you with several different options not available in some situations. I prefer to fight out of an open stance because it allows for more opportunities for interception.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/13/2008 11:35pm

supporting member
     Style: white boy jiujitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    Is the fade away jumping straight back kick like a SBK? I dont understand how you can use SBK to break out of a clinch, can you explain it a bit more?
    A fade away jumping straight back kick is a straight back kick where the jump takes you away from the opponent rather than staying in place.

I use the straight back kick as a way to create distance from the clinch. This obviously involves working in the clinch to make sure that you have enough mobility to pull of the attack. That means your head should be free and your arms should be moving so he can't secure a tight grip on anything.

blotter art.

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 9:05am

Style: San Shou

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alright, I'll give that one a shot too. Thanks for the advice. What ruleset do you compete in?

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 9:25am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Domite
    Alright, I'll give that one a shot too. Thanks for the advice. What ruleset do you compete in?
    Mixed martial arts rulesets.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 9:29am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Truthfully, I always preferred the fadeaway round over the fadeaway bk.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 9:49am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could never get any kind of power out of a fadeaway round. I'm a big fan of both Whiteshark's Jab/cross/SBK and the fadeaway jump SBK. I has a big stack of TKD trophies won with essentially those two techniques and the lead leg sliding sidekick.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 9:58am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant108
    Truthfully, I always preferred the fadeaway round over the fadeaway bk.
    The reason why I couldn't do that one is because I always sucked at the fast switching roundhouse kicks. For me, that would require a two step process; rotate hips one way for fake kick, rotate hips the other way to do the real kick. While the fade away straight back kick for me is a single step kick, as far as timing goes. I just... do it.

Yes, I am smarter than you are.

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 10:03am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mav, you might be able to do the low/high switch round kick. Set it up by throwing 2-3 lowkicks in a row nice and hard, then fake the low kick and lauch the high jump round. It doesn't require as much hip turning on the fake low round as it does for the higher ones and that combo is headkick gold in my experience.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast