United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 3:43pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

My 2nd tournament ever!

Alright, so saturday, i had my second grappling tournament ever, here are my vids:

(constructive criticism greatly appreciated)

I'm the one in the white gi, and in the no gi matches, with the gi pants.

Teen gi divison (i lose 11-5)

YouTube - Great Lakes BJJ - Derek Gi

adult no gi beginner (i win, by triangle)

YouTube - Great Lakes BJJ - Derek No Gi 1

2nd match, (win 8-0)
    YouTube - Great Lakes BJJ - Derek Nogi 2

3rd match (i win 10-5)
    YouTube - Great Lakes BJJ - Derek Nogi 3

I feel like i did alot better then my last tournament, where i won 1 out of five matches. This time, i won 3-4. SO i guess that makes my jiu jitsu record...4-5, lol.

As a side note, in my Gi match, the guy that beat me on points, won the division, beating everyone else by submission, so i think i did fairly well on that note.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 4:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Mk. 1st video. Shrimping drills are your friend no need to fear them. There was a point at about 2:06 which would have been perfect for a Scissor sweep, when he goes low like that in guard as well put the blade of your forearm onto his elbow and peel (turn it like a heelhook) use your same foot and arm to do this for more strength and start working for omoplata (don't really unlock your guard without peeling first thats what they want you to do). Hips out I can't stress that enough. Now since I'm a no gier someone else could tell you better things that involve the gi.
    2nd vid= When you shot in for sure need to set that up with either pushing the head, or faking engaging the clinch then change levels. Also when someone gets you in the guillotine try to pass to the opposite side, relieves more pressure on your neck in halfguard and makes it easy to escape. Work with some purple belts or above on being in guard and maintaining posture (I got nailed two weeks ago at a tourny for not practicing that enough suckage). Overall good job screw gi anyway man its for people who enjoy pajamas and who don't have abs (Jk folks). Good job though man. (I didn't watch the other ones though so..)
    Last edited by DKJr; 5/12/2008 4:13pm at .

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 4:21pm

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on your tournement mate. Subscribing to the thread so I can view the vids when I get off work!

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:10pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, i forgot to mention

i won the adult no gi beginner division.

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    I agree with moosey

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:11pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Th3 D3adly
    Mk. 1st video. Shrimping drills are your friend no need to fear them. There was a point at about 2:06 which would have been perfect for a Scissor sweep, when he goes low like that in guard as well put the blade of your forearm onto his elbow and peel (turn it like a heelhook) use your same foot and arm to do this for more strength and start working for omoplata (don't really unlock your guard without peeling first thats what they want you to do). Hips out I can't stress that enough. Now since I'm a no gier someone else could tell you better things that involve the gi.
    2nd vid= When you shot in for sure need to set that up with either pushing the head, or faking engaging the clinch then change levels. Also when someone gets you in the guillotine try to pass to the opposite side, relieves more pressure on your neck in halfguard and makes it easy to escape. Work with some purple belts or above on being in guard and maintaining posture (I got nailed two weeks ago at a tourny for not practicing that enough suckage). Overall good job screw gi anyway man its for people who enjoy pajamas and who don't have abs (Jk folks). Good job though man. (I didn't watch the other ones though so..)
    Yeah, we work alot on our shrimping...i see why we drill it so much now, lol.

and as for guillotines, i hate them so much, mostly becuase i'm very susceptible to them, it seems. A few of those were VERY tight, but i didn't want to lose...

And i am not very good, when i'm in someone else's guard...i've been working alot on taht lately.

thanks alot for your input

I agree with moosey

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just watched the third vid. Good job on driving through. Some nice scrambles too. Good Halfguard sweeps off the bottom. Your getting your head caught alot in guillotines, glue your head to your shoulder and shrug them. In scarfhold and side control you need to work on keeping your hips LOOOoooww or the bigguns will roll ya and the guardphreaks will sneak their knees in.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:28pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Yeah, we work alot on our shrimping...i see why we drill it so much now, lol.

and as for guillotines, i hate them so much, mostly becuase i'm very susceptible to them, it seems. A few of those were VERY tight, but i didn't want to lose...

And i am not very good, when i'm in someone else's guard...i've been working alot on taht lately.

thanks alot for your input
    I feel ya we have the same body type (cept my legs are shorter) and I used to get my head caught alot and bullied in guard. Good job though man looking solid.

Tsun-Derrorist

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:41pm

supporting member
     Style: ^_^

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1st: His hips are too far back to try to single. Instead, reach over top and fall back to elevator sweep. The half guard regaining is good. Get the underhook as soon as you feel yourself there.

"The only important elements in any society
    are the artistic and the criminal,
    because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
    can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 5:46pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedgehogey
    1st: His hips are too far back to try to single. Instead, reach over top and fall back to elevator sweep. The half guard regaining is good. Get the underhook as soon as you feel yourself there.
    I see what you mean, i'll keep that in mind for next time...

I've been working on my half guard alot, and, yes, i have mastering the rubber guard...But its helped me out alot, with my halfguard game, lol.

I agree with moosey

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 11:01pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    Alright, so saturday, i had my second grappling tournament ever, here are my vids:

(constructive criticism greatly appreciated)

I'm the one in the white gi, and in the no gi matches, with the gi pants.

Teen gi divison (i lose 11-5)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzRov3G7DiU

adult no gi beginner (i win, by triangle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdrO-PBfo00

2nd match, (win 8-0)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODIOpS_Xj7k

3rd match (i win 10-5)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGaepKhB15s

I feel like i did alot better then my last tournament, where i won 1 out of five matches. This time, i won 3-4. SO i guess that makes my jiu jitsu record...4-5, lol.

As a side note, in my Gi match, the guy that beat me on points, won the division, beating everyone else by submission, so i think i did fairly well on that note.

Hey moose I only got to see your first video. Your posture is terrible on your stand up and you've got to learn to manipulate the gi more on the ground. On the other hand those were some nice defenses in getting out of those submissions. I'll get to the other videos later.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast