Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
  1. #51
    Draven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,755
    Style
    Mixed Martial Arts
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franz_grinder
    I'm going to write one on Muay Thai next. Let's hope no ones face explodes at the fact that they all don't dance the Kru before a match.
    No, seeing them use Muay Thai techniques in the fight will do just fine for me.

    And that would turn out to be quite the list. Since almost all top MMA fighters today train in Muay Thai for their standup.
    Last edited by Draven; 5/11/2008 11:14pm at .

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    75
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    lol...

    why...?
    Have to be online in case new news comes up to update the site.

    The sites part time so I use a cell phone when I'm on the road(not literally).

    I'm also on facebook right now starting a group for Edmonton MMA and trying to rank 100 fw's. I have a nasty little attention span disorder.



    Edit: while i was defending this article I was writing a dream article and re-watcing all the fights earlier as well.
    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/12/2008 12:59pm at .

  3. #53

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    23,507
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    No, seeing them use Muay Thai techniques in the fight will do just fine for me.
    Dude, you're such a fucktard it's ridiculous.

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    75
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    No, seeing them use Muay Thai techniques in the fight will do just fine for me.
    I'll make it lolsproof for the forum spoofs with high post counts.

  5. #55
    3moose1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside
    Posts
    9,630
    Style
    MCMAP, Judo, sex appeal
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franz_grinder
    I'll make it lolsproof for the forum spoofs with high post counts.

    ...what?

    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


    Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

    Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    75
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    ...what?
    Hoping to confuse the troll with nonsense forum gibberish. I'm sure there's a picture of a beautiful girl that he'd like to ridicule at some P&M forum somewhere.

    Edit:

    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/11/2008 11:36pm at .

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    666
    Style
    bjj, boxing, ex-iwama ryu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *engages external powercart to sarcasm engine, begins to generate revs, injecting fuel and BANG we have ignition...*

    Karate punching=dropping hands? Does this mean Anthony Mundine does karate?

    *sudden sarcasm engine flameout*

  8. #58
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Karate shows up in MMA more as footwork than anything else.

    Karate striking is more hit and run and weird angles and Muay Thai more blunt force trauma, the best practitioners like Machida and GSP combine the two.

    The dropping of hands is common to any fighter from any style.

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    217
    Style
    Muay Thai
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    Karate shows up in MMA more as footwork than anything else.

    Karate striking is more hit and run and weird angles and Muay Thai more blunt force trauma, the best practitioners like Machida and GSP combine the two.

    The dropping of hands is common to any fighter from any style.
    I hate this whole idea now that MT fighters just stand toe to toe and don't use any evasion unlike KB, B and now apparently Karate. Saenchai, Koaklai and Payakaroon all disagree. I guess Wanderlei Silva was using karate in his fight against Rich Franklin?

    My impression of KK fighters and Shotokan fighters (back in the 80's when it was decent) are much more linearised in footwork than MT.

  10. #60
    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it Join us... or die
    Goju - Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,854
    Style
    Improv comedy
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol
    I hate this whole idea now that MT fighters just stand toe to toe and don't use any evasion unlike KB, B and now apparently Karate. Saenchai, Koaklai and Payakaroon all disagree. I guess Wanderlei Silva was using karate in his fight against Rich Franklin?

    My impression of KK fighters and Shotokan fighters (back in the 80's when it was decent) are much more linearised in footwork than MT.
    I do Goju, Muay Thai and something calles STX which is Savate Thai Cross training (which is closer to my ideal than anything)

    I am not talking about cutting angles so much as hit and retreat.

    When I do Muay Thai, there's evasiveness and movement, but they always stress you want to be the one pressing forward.

    it's not a judgement just an observation.

    For example the way MT checks kicks is different than Karate. My Karate has always been to be get out of the way of the kick with speedy footwork.

    Sometimes this is a good thing to do sometimes it's bad.

Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO