Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 11:01am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    That may be true, but that doesnt make that list any less stupid. OK, there are a few valid examples on there. IŽll give him Machida, since he actually has a Karate stance in his standup and fights somewhat like a Karate guy. Maybe GSP too, since he often uses KK kicks in his fights. Schilt belongs there too.

But some of the stuff on that list is unforgiveable. Gomi started out in MMA as a pure wrestler who couldnŽt strike at all. Later in his career he discovered that he had lead in his hands so he stated focusing on that, improving his boxing skills. He may have done Karate as a kid but you certainly cant see that in his style. Chuck is another example, he was a kickboxer before fighting in MMA. But its strange how the writer of the article keeps forgetting those facts, same goes for Mezger.
    Gomi has done the style of karate mentioned in this article since right before his mach fight. He goes once a week to condition his hands and attributes his punchign power to it. Pls. Look it up. There's a a sportsnavi translation that's easy to find but ripped from gong (I won't post it). Being he's regarded as having the heaviest hands at lw too many fans I think it's important. Karate is about bullrushing and being strong in some styles. It's also about conditioning your body in others. eluding adn out-pointing again in other styles. I don't necessary say Baukaw's kicks are hard because he was born that way. MT conditions it's fighters to have those skills.

Gomi mentions it quickly here:
    http://www.pridefc.com/pride2005/ind...ws&news_id=495

Not a perfect example but pretty much does it. You're a computer wiz. I'm sure it wouldn't be tough for you to dig up more examples.

I mentioned all of chucks' kickboxing championships in the article and being the d1 wrestler and EX-LHW Champ ufc makes him a hybrid fighter. No one would contest that in an article. Except you it seems. Mezger was a kickboxer!! NOE WAIZ!! I don't want to be redunant - I wanted to write somethign educational.

Karate has become confusing to North American's I'm sure. The Martial Art has been turned out and raped over there.

Because something is not present in the article, doesn't mean it's left out. Like I said I don't want to be redunant. - isn't that ironic. Hopefully you can learn to see past your own nose. I want you to educate yourself.
    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/11/2008 3:53pm at .

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:23pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by franz_grinder

Because something is not present in the article, doesn't mean it's left out.
    actually i think thats pretty much the definition...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:27pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well I've been smerked... I'll take it like a man.

I still don't believe he chambers his punches, however.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:30pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    actually i think thats pretty much the definition...
    It really is; you're right. I should have said that not everything is relevant to every article and it would have been unneccesary to list the many other skills and accomplishments of these fighters.

Like I said, we all know GSP is putting some olympians on their back and that Liddell is d1 but not many people know what it takes to throw a switch of the front leg like Georges does. People constantly wonder why Chuck drops his hands or bring thems back to punch. It's not his kickboxing training. Due to Hackleman's background with Kenpo/kempo techniques and trhough watchin Liddell in his kick-boxing matches one can see just how much karate has made it's way into his style. Not every karateka is an elusive point-machine like Machida.
    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/11/2008 5:41pm at .

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:32pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakmongkol
    Well I've been smerked... I'll take it like a man.

I still don't believe he chambers his punches, however.
    I honestly do not think he chambers his punches like a day one karateka but I do think how he gains power and his form is not unlike a karateka. To me whether he has a black belt or wether he is a traditionalist Chuck embodies Karate in both spirit and tech.Again, hopefully people were educated to some useful karate tech. I assumed this would just become arbritary forum fodder for guys like Draven.
    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/11/2008 5:20pm at .

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:35pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People constantly wonder why Chuck drops his hands. It's not his kickboxing training.

...laziness?

though i personally think he does it to through his opponents off...because i know if i see someone with their hands down, i'll come charging in, with all sorts of lasers, and what have you.

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    I agree with moosey

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:42pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly do not think he chambers his punches like a day one karate-kai but I do think he gains power and uses his muscles and has from not unlike a karate-kai.
    also, wtf is a karate-kai?

do you mean a karateka, where ka is the japanese term for "practitioner of?

As in judoka, karateka, aikidoka, bullshidoka, etc?

I agree with moosey

('._.)

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:51pm

Style: Mixed Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So youŽre arguement is that Chuck fights like a Krotty master because he is sometimes careless enough to drop his hands? Lets see how doing that works out for him:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 5:15pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I do Muay Thai. I drop my hands... sometimes out of laziness, sometimes as part of a stratagy.

Does Chuck dropping his hands = chambered punches. In my opinion, no. I believe he does it to encourage people to engage with him becuase he believes he has superior stand up skills.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 5:15pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    also, wtf is a karate-kai?

do you mean a karateka, where ka is the japanese term for "practitioner of?

As in judoka, karateka, aikidoka, bullshidoka, etc?

Thanks for the post proofing. I don't really play the semantics game - it's a circular argument IMO, but I'll accept corrections.
    Last edited by franz_grinder; 5/11/2008 5:19pm at .
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123 456713 ... LastLast