Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/20/2008 6:09pm

Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not going to validate much of Dravens point/points but I concur that not all/many of these fighters use karate as a base style or even in some cases as a base stand up style in my opinion.

After re-evaluating I'd guess its evident that both kickboxing and karate have influenced Chucks stand up.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 8:29pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: submission wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ? they put GSP as a karate style fighter? hmmmmmmm doesnt he train at WAT in NY when he's fighting? I know he was influenced by KK when he was growing up but from all the fights i've seen his standup looks like boxing and muay thai.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/22/2008 11:16pm

Style: kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nicelast4
    ? they put GSP as a karate style fighter? hmmmmmmm doesnt he train at WAT in NY when he's fighting? I know he was influenced by KK when he was growing up but from all the fights i've seen his standup looks like boxing and muay thai.
    GSP is not a karate fighter, although he considers his standup to be based on kyokushin karate -and who are we to argue?
    As a kyokushin guy, it certainly resembles kyokushin (adapted to the rules ofcourse) to me.
    But he does not train it anymore.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314