Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 9:27am

Business Class Supporting Member
     NY Combat Sambo Style: combat sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

2008 Sambo Summit Training Camp

The 2008 Sambo Summit Training Camp is a three day live in camp with room and board included. This year the camp will be held in Lincoln City, Oregon. It will be held from September 12-14. The rate for this camp is $450 USD.

Last year's camp was a blast and I encourage everyone to come out if they can. But, we have a limit of 40 participants. You need not be experienced to attend camp.

This year the camp coaching staff includes:

Dayn DeRose
    Head Coach of South Mountain Martial Arts in Madison, New Jersey. Dayn has been a fixture in the US Judo and Sambo community for over 30 years. He is a Honorable Master of Sports in Sambo and has coached and trained numerous students to notable wins in Sambo and Combat Sambo. Dayn was a founding member of the American Sambo Academy and American Amateur Sambo Federation. He is a Professional Member of the American Sambo Association. In addition to sambo, Dayn is an instructor of several other matial arts and is one of America’s leading fencing coaches.

Aaron Fields
    Aaron Fields makes his living as a firefighter. He is an independent scholar specializing in Mongolian history and has made several visits to live and train wrestling/Sambo in Mongolia. Aaron holds a teacher’s grade in Ju-Jutsu, a dan grade in Judo, has considerable experience in Sambo and Mongolian folk wrestling, and has coached high school wrestling. Aaron is the chief instructor at Seattle Ju-Jutsu Club/Sea Town Sambo Club and is the West Coast Vice President of the American Sambo Association.

Gregg Humphreys
    Gregg Humphreys is a long time Judoka and Sambist. He has travelled to Russia for Sambo training bi-annually since 1987 and is considered one of the most skilled and knowledgeable American Sambo coaches. He currently is the Judo and Sambo coach at Miletich Fighting Systems in Bettendorf, Iowa and is the Midwest Vice President of the American Sambo Association. Additionally, Gregg is the North American representative for Igor Kurinnoy’s Sambo for Professionals.

Stephen Koepfer
    Stephen in the head coach of New York Combat Sambo, Head Coach of Team American Sambo, and the President of the American Sambo Association. He has coached his NYCS team to wins in national and international Sport & Freestyle Sambo, Submission Grappling, Combat Sambo, and Mixed Martial Arts. Stephen is a regular contributor to Ultimate Grappling Magazine and associate producer of Inside Martial Arts/Fight Fix.

The camp schedule is as follows:

Friday, September 12:
    Noon: Check in to camp
    2 – 4pm: Training Session 1
    4 – 5pm: Break/Snack
    5 – 7pm: Training Session 2
    7:30pm: Dinner

Saturday, September 13:
    7am – 8am: Morning beach warm up
    (weather permitting)
    8 – 9am: Breakfast
    9 – 10:30am: Training Session 3
    10:30am–Noon: Lunch
    Noon–1:30pm: Training Session 4
    2 – 3:30pm: Training Session 5
    4 - 5:30pm: Training Session 6
    6 - 8pm: Dinner
    8pm: Recreational activities

Sunday, September 14:
    7 – 8am: Breakfast
    8 – 9:30am: Training Session 7
    10 – 11:30pm: Training Session 8
    Noon – 1pm: Lunch and award ceremony
    1pm: Check out of camp
    or
    1pm: For those who must leave later or have time to stay a while, we
    will have an open mat or open training time with summit coaches.

You can contact me at skoepfer@nyc.rr.com for all registration forms and travel information.

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 10:06pm

Style: Cambo/jujutsu/judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey folks,

Last year this was a really good time. You will find all the coaches and students very down to earth and blue collar. There will not be a bunch of politics or other nonesense, just get down to it sombo. I really encourage everyone interested to attend. If you are coming through Seattle and time it right you can get in a practice or two at my club as well.

Regards,
    Aaron Fields

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    5/24/2008 1:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    All forms can now be downloaded here:
    http://ussambo.com/upcoming_events.html

Stillness is death

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TTT for your chance to reserve a spot!

Administrator

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 2:30pm

staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Heh, I actually might be able to go to this. BTW Steve you should make an online application for once. I hate faxes and snail mail.

Antiquated

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 2:35pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The one time I would be able to see Sambo it's 450 USD...

You guys are killing me.

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 3:04pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    450 for room, board, and the camp, seems fair. I know it is a chunk of change, but compared to a lot of other stuff I have seen, it is well within the ballpark.

In addition, you will get to learn all the "not for print" names for techniques we use, come to undestand my subtle wit, generally good disposition, and gander upon my legs.

What more could a fella ask for?

Aaron Fields

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 3:07pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you guys ever do sambo seminars in Seattle?

Antiquated

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 3:11pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Fields
    450 for room, board, and the camp, seems fair. I know it is a chunk of change, but compared to a lot of other stuff I have seen, it is well within the ballpark.

In addition, you will get to learn all the "not for print" names for techniques we use, come to undestand my subtle wit, generally good disposition, and gander upon my legs.

What more could a fella ask for?

Aaron Fields
    No you're right, I just wish I had the cash is all.

This may be a dumb question, but would it be possible to do like a one day training session minus food, board etc?

I'd hate to miss out on some sexy legs...
    Last edited by Mas; 7/02/2008 3:19pm at .

One of Seattle's Bravest

Posted On:
    7/02/2008 3:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Razz,

We practice sombo every night. I do a fair amount of seminar teaching and always open to setting something up. If you have any questions feel free to contact me directly, I will PM you my home phone.

Mas,

Contact Steve directly, My bet is something could be worked out. These seminar are more about giving people direct contact with Sombo and building a community within the United States. As Steve will tell you the whole gig is a labor of love.

I know it is kind of sounding our own horn, but I will say the ASA is the only Sombo association that I have come into contact with who has an agenda of sombo, within the United States. In addition, everyone I have met in conjunction with the organization has been down to earth and all about learning. The organization is one that actually pays attention to its own growth, and makes sure folks have the right mentality to be a benefit.

It has been a privlage to add my efforts to Steve's over the years, I always look forward to hanging with and talking with him. Our approaches are so similar if we were living in the same city there is no question we would be working in the same school. We joked that in truth we may be related, he is smarter, and I better looking.....:icon_chee

Tom Kagan attended last year, ( I hope to see him again this year,) I think his summary of the event was both very kind and accurate.

Please, anyone with any questions feel free to contact Steve or myself directly.

Regards,
    Aaron Fields
    Seattle Jujutsu Club,
    Sea-Town Cambo
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast