Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 1:11pm

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    sad but true... i perfectly enjoy and immerse myself in the world of the dresdenverse as he fights fucking fallen angels, but the minute she wristlocks hendricks, i get jarred. it's kinda awkward.
    I bet it wouldn't jarr you if that character could do it because she was blessed with superhuman reflexes. It's the whole impossible/improbable thing.

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 1:15pm

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Did you fucking destroy whoever said that to your face? If not you are just part of the PROBLEM man.
    I had already sparred with one of their bigger better guys. They made excuses saying he could have done this or that. I told him aikido was for dudes who aren't scottish and aren't gay buy still like to wear dresses and hold hands.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 1:19pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Did you fucking destroy whoever said that to your face? If not you are just part of the PROBLEM man.
    Yeah that makes sense, lets show how effective combat systems work to people by putting them in triangles while we elbow them in the face.

Yeah that'll make the other person think "hmm... I feel enlightened, I'm gonna go do a functional art now".

:occasion1

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 1:51pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy
    Blame Laurell Hamilton.

For everything really. Anita Blake is responsible for plague, famine, middle eastern strife, and the sub prime mortgage crisis.
    heh.

So true.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:03pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Th3 D3adly
    I told him aikido was for dudes who aren't scottish and aren't gay buy still like to wear dresses and hold hands.
    Why you lied to him?

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:05pm

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    who is teh anita blake?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:26pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    who is teh anita blake?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anita_blake

Pretty informative.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 2:57pm

Style: Wing Chun, C&R

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidog
    How about you learn to write properly - punctuation, capital letters and syntax - before you post anything else?

AWWWW Okaaaaaaay. But only once you get help and realise ITS A WORK OF FICTION. Just like the Lord Of The Rings NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED.

Ok ill stop being an annoying troll now. Enjoy your thread :)

Infidel

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 4:00pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMikeATT
    Ok, this is a humorous thread, but I want to point out that Jim Butcher, as much as I like his books, seems to be an Aikido nutrider.

The Dresden Files is a pretty good sci-fi/fantasy series. Not great by any means, but it's reasonably entertaining. It's a guilty pleasure.

Anyways, Karren Murphy, a cop, fucking wristlocks people left and right
    Etc..

So your pissed off about fake aikido in a science fiction book?
    man thats the fucking worst I feel your pain!
    Do you also get pissed off when PvPers ruin your little role playing get togethers on world of warcraft? I know I do!

Seriously your cry-assing about a science fiction series on here? It's the comedy forum not poor your heart out and look for hugs forum.
    put your left hand on your right shoulder and your right hand on your left shoulder- now squeeze....

Man I feel you about having to vent over Aikido. I got told yesterday to my face that bjj wouldn't work on the street and that High and mighty aikido could take on multiple opponents.:angryfire
    Bullshit.
    Wait let me fix this.

I'm full of **** but I want to fit in REALLY bad so I'm going to make up some bullshit story about yet another aikido student talking about BJJ being weak/chi/wristlocks/magic/stopping bullets bla bla bla. It's sad that i don't realize 1800 other users have came up with the same BS story in THEIR sad attempts to try and fit in with the crowd.
    Your welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by FLMikeATT
    I just needed to get this off my chest.

Bashing Aikido never gets old.
    No it doesn't.
    But douche bags trying to jump on the lOLZAIKIDO train with either shitty stories or weak-ass rants does infact get old. Very old. This isn't your sister son. Rides aren't free. If you want to get on the LOl Aikido train then you gotta pay for the ticket.
    How much is the ticket? Creativity.
    Atleast your bitching about aikido from a fiction source and not pulling the old "OMG you won't believe this! I was at my gym and this aikido guy said.."
    For your tidbit of creativity you can ride in the train car with all the gypsies.

Kyle the dumb has to walk.
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 5:23pm

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry
    AWWWW Okaaaaaaay. But only once you get help and realise ITS A WORK OF FICTION. Just like the Lord Of The Rings NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED.
    I already realize it's a work of fiction. I understand LOTR never happened. Dresden Files and LOTR are entertaining novels, detailing events that never occurred, much like the "history" of __ng __un. You, once again, do not understand the point I am making. I have never done magic. I have never fought a vampire. I don't commune with the spirits. So I can willingly suspend my disbelief due to the fantastic nature of those events.

However, something I am very familiar with is the nature and reality of physical violence and martial ability. So when I read about a woman, no more than 5'1", ~110 lbs., physically disabling a 6'+, 200+ lbs. violent criminal who is in good shape and well versed in physical violence by twisting his pinkie, I have a hard time staying in the mental state of disbelief.

So yes, I have a problem with how aikido is displayed IN A WORK OF FICTION. Any more moronic character assumptions you'd care to throw my way?

Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast