Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Fasten your seat belts, and prepare for lift off

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 3:51am

supporting member
     Style: Combat Cuddling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I told him aikido is for people who aren't scottish and aren't gay but still like to wear dresses and hold hands. We have to share a matt with them while i'm up here at college. And they make stupid comments and try to correct what a BJJ BLACKBELT is teaching us. Their lucky hes a nice guy and used to be into that bullshit himself. Anyway though I've never read the books but they sound cool, cept for the whole aikido nutridder thing.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 4:02am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Th3 D3adly
    Man I feel you about having to vent over Aikido. I got told yesterday to my face that bjj wouldn't work on the street and that High and mighty aikido could take on multiple opponents.:angryfire

Of course BJJ won't work on the street...

Have you ever tried to armbar the pavement??

It's not pretty....

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 4:07am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, that's the one consistent thing about the Dresden Files (book) series that routinely has me groaning. But the greater travesty is the Karrin Murphy character in general. An aikidoka who can physically defeat most opponents (some of whom are supernatural, i.e. vampires), has the CQB skills of an expert SOCOM operator, has a shitty temper, is physically abusive and is banging a half-demon mercenary. As much as I like the series, the whole Karrin Murphy thing always makes me want to stop reading.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 6:00am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh mai god!!! all my ki blast and hadouken are powerful, but I know they won't work on teh str33t cz I may destroy all the pavement, and Aikido tells us not to destroy, but love the agressor...

so next time, I'll kiss him in the mouth and while he is calling me "fagg" i can Aiki Kick Hiss Nutsack, and my str33t defense will be prfkt!!

omg.. xD

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 6:28am

Style: Wing Chun, C&R

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    :iamwithst
    LOL Normally if I dont like a book I DONT READ IT. your actually pissed that one of the main characters in a SCI FI book can actually beat up the bad guys. From what Im reading on this thread you guys seem actually intimidated That a FICTIONAL girl can fight in a FICTIONAL fighting style that resembles a inefectual real world art. Dont blink at the fact there are vamipres and demons and who gives a **** that the main male character can hurl magical chi fireballs, But OMFG A FEMALE IMAGINARY CHARACTER CAN FIGHT. What the **** next voting rights?

GET A FUCKING LIFE.

its not just us chunners that are deluded. :ohyeah: :blob1: :jerkit2yf :XXjester:
    Last edited by Hungry; 5/10/2008 6:31am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 6:45am

Style: BJJ, JJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    You know that TV isn't about real life, right?

You've heard of suspension of disbelief, right?

This is a stupid thread, right?
    Have you never heard the phrase 'you can make an audience believe the impossible but not the improbable'?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 6:48am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungry
    :iamwithst
    LOL Normally if I dont like a book I DONT READ IT. your actually pissed that one of the main characters in a SCI FI book can actually beat up the bad guys. From what Im reading on this thread you guys seem actually intimidated That a FICTIONAL girl can fight in a FICTIONAL fighting style that resembles a inefectual real world art. Dont blink at the fact there are vamipres and demons and who gives a **** that the main male character can hurl magical chi fireballs, But OMFG A FEMALE IMAGINARY CHARACTER CAN FIGHT. What the **** next voting rights?

GET A FUCKING LIFE.

its not just us chunners that are deluded. :ohyeah: :blob1: :jerkit2yf :XXjester:
    We're discussing the finer methods of critiquing modern fiction you uncultured prole. Go fist yourself.
    Also, none of us would have a problem if she defeated her opponents with superior boxing and judo.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 7:08am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FLMikeATT
    Ok, this is a humorous thread,
    No, its not really.
    The vibe I get from him is that he is a classic example of the small, pseudo intellectual dude who buys into the whole eastern mysticism bullshit to make himself feel better about being small and that technique will always trump meathead strength, etc. It's painfully obvious in his writing.
    And, how does that effect you ? Clearly it bothers you enough to start a "stupid" thread merely because of what someone else believes.

If he's the classic example you speak of, what does that make you considering this thread ?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 7:16am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodizapha
    No, its not really.And, how does that effect you ? Clearly it bothers you enough to start a "stupid" thread merely because of what someone else believes.

If he's the classic example you speak of, what does that make you considering this thread ?
    That reminds me, someone should clearly try launch* a denial of service attack on rottentomatoes. Bunch of people going round trying to start up stupid discussions because of what someone beleives enough to put into their work.

*Note to MI5. This suggestion is in jest, I love rottentomatoes and would never suggest that it be hacked.

Watch and Shoot !

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 7:21am

staff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Haven't you got some bloke's legs you need to be laying between ?
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12 345612 ... LastLast