Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:02pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am going to tear your skin off & use it as a condom after I resurrect your dead ancestors to **** them in the jaw bone.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:06pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to travel into the future, **** your children, eat them, **** them out, and then **** the ****.

United States Marine.

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 4:47pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MCMAP, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol.

well, about Aikido, i was told, by a 3rd dan aikidoka, that aikido isn't about fighting, and that he got out of the aikido circuit, because there are more crazy people in aikido then anything else.

Such as, (and he told me this) an aikidoka told him that he could channel his ki, so that if he was cut by a knife, the blade would dull...

and that they could channel their ki to stop chokes and armbars...

crazy.

Also, errant, thats very, VERY intense. Vid plz.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Quote Originally Posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Quote Originally Posted by sochin101 View Post
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyOldGuy View Post
    I agree with moosey

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/11/2008 5:05pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by chardin
    I guess I should have added "effortlessly" to my original sentence. Karrin Murphy beats huge, tough guys with ridiculous ease.
    Exactly when did she beat huge tough guys without effort? Keep in mind that I have only read the books and have never seen the TV show (I prefer to avoid page to screen adaptations that do not have the name "Peter Jackson" attached to them). I remember her getting slapped around by the King of the White Court, slapped around by the ghoul assasain lady, and seriously smacked around by the Nightmare. The only times I recall her holding her own physically were against the werewolf FBI agent lady (who was in human form at the time) and the giant tree monster thing she attacked with a chainsaw.

Royce Gracie worked for his victories.
    Oh no you didn't....

Competition Team Tag...yes?

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 1:57am

supporting member
     Style: FMA, DBMA, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    You asked about good literature. If you had asked about bad/escapist (and I'm an avid reader of that ****) my answer could have been different.
    Touche.

Of course without that 'I read 9 books a month' JFS'ish chestbumping parking lot reading gongsau.
    **** you. I read WAY more than JFS ever did.

Are we going to make a list of shitty books we own/have read/in Santa's list for the winner to earn a tag in the line of 'i read shitty books'?. That would be hilarious, Poi. If you want the tag for you, no problem, ask Phrost for one. I'm not going to complaint.
    No thanks, I already have enough stigma to overcome.

As if reading that shitty prequels didn't deserve something more than thinly veiled insults. These 'novels' are horrid as literature and those who read and enjoy them (myself included) should be tarred, feathered and anklelocked to death.
    Never read any of the prequels, just knew the reference.

Like FLMikeATT said, guilty pleasures. Taking them with all seriousness about content or style doesn't make sense.
    The thread started off fairly lighthearted in my opinion, however, I had my panties in a bunch yesterday. But **** you all the same.

However, if you want another 'Aikido sucks and it's for fa66ots' megthread, go for it. They are fun too.
    Done to death already.

Aloha, Poi
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 2:00am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm, this thread has taken a disturbingly homo-erotic overtone...
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 2:06am

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I read three pages of the first book, turned to someone in the same room, threw the book at them and said "Confirm for me this dude trains in Karate please."

They looked at his bio and, yep, he trains in Karate and a bunch of other TMA's. He writes like a geek who thinks he's tough.

I read that book to the end and you couldn't pay me enough to read any more of'em. Butcher is a hack and the writing sucked 500 donkey balls. Too bad because he built a good world.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 2:12am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    ...the writing sucked 500 donkey balls...
    That is a LOT of donkey balls.
    Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

All Out of Bubblegum

Posted On:
    5/12/2008 2:49am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JKDChick
    I read three pages of the first book, turned to someone in the same room, threw the book at them and said "Confirm for me this dude trains in Karate please."

They looked at his bio and, yep, he trains in Karate and a bunch of other TMA's. He writes like a geek who thinks he's tough.

I read that book to the end and you couldn't pay me enough to read any more of'em. Butcher is a hack and the writing sucked 500 donkey balls. Too bad because he built a good world.
    You should keep reading them. The first couple he has all this wiccan threefold rule hippy horse-**** going on, and you eventually find out that's not really him per se.

I can't really believe we're dealing with suspension of disbelief regarding a female being tough in a book about wizards and vampires and holy knights.

Also, come on, this is the geek who writes like he thinks he's tough capital of the internet.
    There's no choice but to confront you, to engage you, to erase you. I've gone to great lengths to expand my threshold of pain. I will use my mistakes against you. There's no other choice.

Infidel

Posted On:
    5/14/2008 2:44pm

Style: Yoshinkan Aikido, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 3moose1
    lol.

well, about Aikido, i was told, by a 3rd dan aikidoka, that aikido isn't about fighting, and that he got out of the aikido circuit, because there are more crazy people in aikido then anything else.

Such as, (and he told me this) an aikidoka told him that he could channel his ki, so that if he was cut by a knife, the blade would dull...

and that they could channel their ki to stop chokes and armbars...

crazy.

Also, errant, thats very, VERY intense. Vid plz.
    Part of the 3rd dan aikido test is to fight a dozen guys with swords.

Part of it is fake though because the swords START sharp but the dudes ki dulls the blades like you said so when he DOES slip up a little (hey it happens) he doesn't really get cut.

I know I don't agree with it either and think it's cheating.
    Last edited by vigilus; 5/14/2008 2:47pm at .
    You are not free whose liberty is won by the rigour of other, more righteous souls. Your are merely protected. Your freedom is parasitic, you suck the honourable man dry and offer nothing in return. You who have enjoyed freedom, who have done nothing to earn it
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast