Posted On:
    5/15/2009 2:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
      Style: BJJ, MT, TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BoFungDo View Post
    Whoops, missed it. Sorry about that.

The bad guys are out when the good guy has hit vital targets and done enough damage to have won the confrontation.
    No problem. I know the question was below the video. I was trying to ask the question after you could do a quick look-through of the video about which I was asking.

I do like the use of foam furniture and encouraging the improvised use of available objects.

Some quick follow-ups as well:

- What are considered vital targets?

- Are the people attacking also people who train there on a regular basis?

- How long does it take for a student to attain enough training to be put in a multiple attacker scenario?

- Do the attacker try to choke and strike the defender? I ask this because it doesn't appear that the defender is wearing any protective gear.

Thanks!

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 2:48pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You've merely taken a commonly confused concept and smeared your pseudo-scientific feces all over it.

Wow, you stole someone's quote and then used it as your own? Yes, people that comes from WhiteSHark and is contained in my signature. Very interesting, looks like we have another CMAer with plagiarism problems.

Anything else you'd like to steal?

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 3:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Wow, you stole someone's quote and then used it as your own? Yes, people that comes from WhiteSHark and is contained in my signature. Very interesting, looks like we have another CMAer with plagiarism problems.

Anything else you'd like to steal?
    Yes, two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun...

:)

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 3:28pm

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 3:30pm

Style: We'll see

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefron View Post
    And what targets would that be?
    Any direct shot the the penis is to be considered an instant kill. Extra points will be assigned if you can grab and hold the penis, as well as earning your grappling certificate.

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 3:35pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Answers regarding multiple video

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
    No problem. I know the question was below the video. I was trying to ask the question after you could do a quick look-through of the video about which I was asking.

I do like the use of foam furniture and encouraging the improvised use of available objects.
    They are TERRIFIC for training scenarios, especially for our Female Self Defense program and free Rape Prevention classes.

We've got a bookcase with foam books, a bed, desk, lamps, chairs, laptops, briefcases. It comes from a great company called Crown Gym Mats in Illinois.

Some quick follow-ups as well:

- What are considered vital targets?
    Those that affect vision, wind and limbs.

- Are the people attacking also people who train there on a regular basis?
    Yes.

- How long does it take for a student to attain enough training to be put in a multiple attacker scenario?
    A scenario such as the one on the video you mentioned, it's typically when they have been training with us for at about 7 years. We give the students the tools for such an attack over a number of years and they all come together in a scenario like this one. We're BIG on safety and part of that is getting people ready to take the impact as well as ensuring that they have all the pieces of the multiple puzzle. (Readying for the attack that is sure to come from this post...) :)

- Do the attacker try to choke and strike the defender? I ask this because it doesn't appear that the defender is wearing any protective gear.
    Yes, depending on the scenario. The defender is not wearing any protective gear here.

If this doesn't completely answer your questions, you can feel free to give us a call at 631-226-8383 and we'd be happy to discuss further.

Thanks!
    Take care and stay safe.

Danette

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/15/2009 11:09pm

Style: Basically Bad Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At some parts of that video it looks like some of the defenders are literally slapping the attackers, and I imagine they don't feel anything underneath their armour, so how does the supervisor tell when someone has taken a 'lethal / incapacitating' blow that knocks them out without any visible feedback (in the sense of seeing an attacker winded or reeling back from a blow)? Finally, it looks as though the attackers aren't striking the defender, merely rushing him in some attempt to pin? him.

it's all vanity

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 12:39am

Join us... or die
     Style: Kano-Gracie

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    They all also seem to have an inner ear problem.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 4:53pm

Style: slackerjitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yes, two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onion on a sesame seed bun...

sense of humor, serve you well, here it will, young jed...er..fu'er :)
    Last edited by BadUglyMagic; 5/16/2009 4:55pm at .

Posted On:
    5/16/2009 6:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 剛 and 柔

Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.mwarrior.com/programs.html
    Mixed Martial Arts
    At Modern Warrior® if being warrior fit is your goal…
    this is the class for you!

Check back or give us a call for dates for our Saturday evening class.

Your lead instructors, Modern Warrior® black belts Mark Jurek and Dariusz Wiszowaty have excelled in both grappling and strike/kick competitions

Call now for more information or to sign up.
    Looks like pricey RBSD. What grappling and "strike/kick" competitions have they "excelled in"?
    What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. -Xenophon's Socrates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123