Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61213141516 171819 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/07/2008 7:11pm

Style: WHKD (Kaju), Sub. Grapple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Escrimator
    And as for things that could go wrong...i dont care what anyone says, FMA\weapons sistems take the prize. something like losing nearly half your front teeth from a rattan shot, portions of your skull caved in, the ubiquitous broken fingers...lets face it,there is no nice,harmless part of the body to get hit hard with a weapon.
    Yup; then again, I do Kaju, which has sticks, grappling and striking. We get the hat trick :5hot: of potential injury sources.

As a result, I am super-paranoid in my school, and thus far I have had very few injuries in my students, but I am very, very clear about 0-tolerance for such things as what happened to LaForge.
    Last edited by SifuJason; 5/07/2008 7:13pm at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 1:22am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SifuJason
    Holly god. Did he trap your knee as well?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno
    Geordi, that really sucks. I personally restrict twisting leg locks if I roll with someone I don't know for this very reason.
    Heelhooks were not allowed. He did it anyway. I thought, at the time, that he just didn't know what he was doing. This is the same kid who sucker punched me in class. When he later told me that he knew what the heel hook was about to do and did it anyway...right at that moment, I wanted to break his neck. Very specifically, I just had this urge to neck crank him and not stop. I didn't. I guess that's a good thing...prison would suck.

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 1:27am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    Heelhooks were not allowed. He did it anyway. I thought, at the time, that he just didn't know what he was doing. This is the same kid who sucker punched me in class. When he later told me that he knew what the heel hook was about to do and did it anyway...right at that moment, I wanted to break his neck. Very specifically, I just had this urge to neck crank him and not stop. I didn't. I guess that's a good thing...prison would suck.
    Especially with a newly-fucked-up leg. He'd have deserved it big time though...you have my sympathy.

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 1:43am

Style: BJJ/MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    wow, this kid REALLY doesnt like you.

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 2:08am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by vinhthekid
    wow, this kid REALLY doesnt like you.
    He also really deserves the crippling beating you can't legally give him.

I say in 3 years (he's 15 now, yeah?), bitch-slap him until he attacks you then neck crank the **** out of him. Then place a knife in his hand, sprinkle some crack on him and run off.

Don't kill him, just make it impossible for him to swallow for a month. Neck cranks are a bitch when they work.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 2:55am

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShark
    [COLOR="Red"]
    I'm not some striking god but I am clearly above the level of all but about 3 people I've met at Throwdowns. No one but those 3 people probably know or believe that.
    Based on what I've seen of your sparring, you're a very competent striker. Unfortunately, it's probably only people who've done significant training in striking will realize that.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 2:56am

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Neck cranks are teh suck.. I grappled a noob who was a ripped 5'10. Almost bodybuilder status, could curl 70 in each arm. I got him eventually when he gassed, but my poor neck.. Cranked the **** out of it, can opener. Hurt for a while. I always had a sinking feeling every time I rolled with him, and was too proud to ask him to treat my neck gently.

And my two cents on grappling better grapplers than myself, its easy to fall into the trap of 'oh, I almost got him, he must not be that good' when if I think about it, I know he could tool me if he wanted too. Its nice when better grapplers go easy on me to help me out, but I appreciate a good tooling (Not in a gay way of course). Keeps my head on straight.

But at the same time, I have subbed multiple blue belts at full tilt, in all of my whitebelt glory Rarely, but I have done it. I outclassed most of them in strength vastly, or got a freak move against an equally strong one, but still.. I know I am not great, and probably got lucky, but sometimes it makes me feel better about myself to think dumb thoughts of my awesomeness. :) But I stay grounded in reality.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 9:27am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordi LaForge
    Yes.

I remember you telling the story about the sucker punch. I didn't know he did heel hook on purpose.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 12:06pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ,WT,Escrima

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Geordi...he got away with crippling you *on purpose*? nothing was done just because he was underage?

1) you have my respect for the self-restraint to not seek very justified *violent* retaliation on the lil ****, Im not so sure i would of acted like the better man in your shoes.

2)couldnt you at least sue the pubescent sociopath´s parents or some other legit means of retribution?

1% Shark is better than you.

Posted On:
    5/08/2008 1:28pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ/Shidokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    He's in Canada so he has no rights.