218358 Bullies, 5669 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:37am

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    anyone caught not washing his gi after every class will be choked unconcious (with his own gi), hogtied and hooded (with his own gi), and thrown off the mats (to think about his own gi, when and if he wakes up).

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wash your gi.
    And what is wrong with febreeze?
    I have a two year old sirius that despite washing with baking soda, bleach and detergent still sometimes needs a little extra help.

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:53am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    WASH YOUR GI AFTER EVERY CLASS YOU SLOBS!!!!

* clear throat *

The thing is that unless you live in a really cold and uber wet forest, your gi would take about 12 hours to dry if you hang it after washing it. And it doesn't have to be an elaborate ritual to wash it either:

Drop some some borax, some soap and some color-safe bleach on the washer, dump your gi in it, wash and rinse them with cold water, and then hang them on a door or outdoors at night. It will be more or less dry in the morning.

If you need to take it with you at work, just leave inside your car (on top of a towel) and it will be completely dry by the afternoon - it's not the best choice, but it works. Since hung it to dry all night, it should not be so humid that will stench your vehicle.

Or better yet, get two gis, or if you are fortunate enough, you may be able to find a used jacket on ebay - pants dry faster than the jackets.

And if you don't have a washer in your unit, at least put the gi on a bucket with water and vinegar overnight, rinse it and hang it to dry in the morning and put some febreeze when you come back at the end of the day. It won't be ready for use on that day, but at least it will reduce the germs in it until you get the chance to wash it properly (you don't want your dirty gi to ferment anywhere in your home.)
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:54am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >>> And what is wrong with febreeze?

Nothing really, so long as it's not used as substitute to washing it :tongue6:
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:59am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My gis take longer much, much longer than 12 hours to dry in the winter.

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:10am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I use to train gi 2x per week and washed my gi only once per week. I wore an undershirt all the time. It helps, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:19am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    forest <-> trees.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:26am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    My gis take longer much, much longer than 12 hours to dry in the winter.
    Even indoors? Damn. I ask in earnest, I've only lived in LA and South Florida - even in rainy season, **** dries pretty quickly down here.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:39am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all line drying does around here is leave your gi either not dry in time for class 20 hours later, or permanently dyed pollen yellow.

gis are consumables. hanging them up to dry doesn't change this, relative to putting them in the dryer.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    gis are consumables.
    Exactly. I love when people make some sort of argument against washing their gis after every practice based on it meaning it won't have as long a lifespan.

I wash my gi(s) after every session. I am still using both the gis I bought when I started (plus now two more) over 3 years ago. They don't fall apart, they're made to be hard wearing!!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast