222098 Bullies, 3895 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 31 to 40 of 48
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. ANGLICO is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/11/2009 1:38pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo - 40 years ago

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Oh no!

    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    Kkolabaga is prohibited? Not in my family! hahaha
    Makes my forehead hurt, just to think about it. The extra special kind in Nam, involved an e-tool. That's if you really screwed up bad or PO'd your Ha Sa.
  2. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,814

    Posted On:
    5/11/2009 6:35pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I like the totally off-topic and unrelated slam at Jane Fonda.
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  3. ANGLICO is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/11/2009 7:41pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo - 40 years ago

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Fonda

    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I like the totally off-topic and unrelated slam at Jane Fonda.
    Thank you, thank you very much. You'd have to read the other 'esque' slam at Vietnam vets and you'd probably have to have experienced all that to understand.

    Some lyrics say, "if you don't get the point, you haven't walked it, if you don't feel the pain, you don't deserve it", but that's yet another off-topic comment.

    I'll always respond to ill-founded rumors, untrue heresay, or outright lies about my brothers the Blue Dragons.
  4. Wounded Ronin is offline
    Wounded Ronin's Avatar

    ...is THE PENETRATOR

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    6,814

    Posted On:
    5/11/2009 10:57pm

    supporting member
     Style: German longsword, .45 ACP

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ANGLICO View Post
    Thank you, thank you very much. You'd have to read the other 'esque' slam at Vietnam vets and you'd probably have to have experienced all that to understand.
    To understand the crucial importance of taking a stab at Jane Fonda in an otherwise unrelated post because she posed for a bunch of pictures with the VC or NVA or whomever back in 1972, and later in 1988, and again on "60 Minutes" in 2005 articulated an elaborate apology?
    “nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer.” - Jack Thompson
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Th...%28attorney%29
  5. ANGLICO is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 8:49am

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo - 40 years ago

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    my final post on this

    Of those who answered the call, I know none who don't consider Hanoi Jane same same VC, still today. For those who wouldn't answer the call, whether too egocentric or just plain scared, they'll never understand. Such traitors should have suffered the same beatings and injuries as they caused. Words are cheap. Actions speak. To most of us she remains the enemy. My last words on Fonda.
    ANGLICO out
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    To understand the crucial importance of taking a stab at Jane Fonda in an otherwise unrelated post because she posed for a bunch of pictures with the VC or NVA or whomever back in 1972, and later in 1988, and again on "60 Minutes" in 2005 articulated an elaborate apology?
  6. Robstafarian is offline
    Robstafarian's Avatar

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,823

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 9:21am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    To understand the crucial importance of taking a stab at Jane Fonda in an otherwise unrelated post because she posed for a bunch of pictures with the VC or NVA or whomever back in 1972, and later in 1988, and again on "60 Minutes" in 2005 articulated an elaborate apology?
    My problem with such slams, to take nothing away from ANGLICO, is that it reflects exactly the same problem in the history of the anti-Vietnam War movement that's reflected in Koreans' idea of what Americans are like: the shitheads (or in the case of Fonda, the mindless actresses) made the news.

    I can't speak for anyone else ANGLICO, but my father and everyone he marched with did so not because they wanted you dead, but because they wanted you home alive a hell of a lot sooner than you actually got home. It was all about regard for the soldiers fighting in the war, most especially due to a belief that the politicians which started and funded both the war and the draft didn't give a damn about the soldiers themselves as compared to their concern for the political objectives of the war.

    I don't want to start a big argument derailing this thread or starting a new one; I lost my tolerance for "those damned hippies hated the troops" talk after my American History teacher in a Texas high school declared that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America doesn't apply to lawful and peaceful protest if it happens to criticize defense policy or--as was implied by her continued rambling--any other policy of a Republican administration. She had been building up to that speech throughout the week by way of tangential remarks, and I (politely) blew my top when she made the aforementioned statements. She shut up and the class had a collective stunned silence when I taught her why "reading [someone] the riot act" is a euphemism for beating someone.

    Again, no offense intended to anyone who served and has a different take on the anti-war movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiko
    But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

    What is instead happening is thus:
    1. Your argument is bullshit.
    2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
    3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

    That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.
  7. dwkfym is offline
    dwkfym's Avatar

    Yours truly

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay Area
    Posts
    2,011

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 12:39pm

    Business Class Supporting Member
     PDS Rifles Style: Univ. Florida Kickboxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There is a reason why ROKMC was so sucessful in vietnam. There is a reason why vietnam, a military victory, ended up a losing war. There is a reason why the tet offensive, large and decisive military victory for the anti-communist forces, ended up being what cost them victory of the war.

    There is also a reason why the U.S. has to fight unconventional wars with one hands tied around their balls today.

    You know what america today lacks? Once a country commits to war, people need to STFU. Before the war, yes, do everything you can to prevent it from starting, if you are against the war. Quick, decisive victory is key and will save lives on both sides. But when everyone bitches and wines, congress gets their panties all tied up in a knot, president gets worried about re-election, military has to fight a politically correct war, and has to fight in a tactically unsound but outwardly safe looking manner (ask anglico on differences in U.S. and ROKMC doctrine in vietnam- that still applies today)..

    And when a public celebrity pulls **** like that, I bet it can be demoralizing. Even if you were drafted in a war you don't like, someone goes and does **** for the enemy. WTF is that? I don't understand how you guys can even think about defending someone who does that. Siding with someone who sides with the same guys trying to kill your father, grandfather, friend next door, etc. Its beyond the scope of being in mere disagreement with political choices of the war. Its flat-out treason in the time of war. Its giving the enemy a moral advantage, and showing that the people of america don't support the enemy's opposition. (which, protesting heavily against the war after it has started kinda does the same thing by proxy.) If she had been an enterprenuer instead, would she have sent money and supplies to the enemy? Would you guys be defending that? So Jane Fonda got to do all that. Fine, she had a first amendment right to. Doesn't make it right.
  8. ANGLICO is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 1:52pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo - 40 years ago

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Thanks Bro........

    But this is an argument that can't be won. Americans have in large part become soft, spoiled, and they take their freedom for granted. They want the other guy's kids to keep them free. Well nothing in life is free, and some of us know first hand that freedom is not free. It's pointless arguing with those who think otherwise.

    Among the Korean warriors who I fought with, the younger ones remembered the communists as kids, and some of the senior Marines fought them in Korea. They knew the demon much better than I did, they hated communism with a passion. That passion, as well as their training, is why they won against such overwhelming odds at Trabinhdong.

    My passion was based on the "duck-and-cover" drills in school, the Civil Defense meetings in the high school auditorium, the Cuban missle crisis, and Kruschev telling us he would bury us at the UN. Many here chose to ignore those things.

    To all, I apologize for taking the thread off topic a bit, but it was related to comments that were to me, insults to my Korean brothers. Dwkfym is correct, I was there in '68 and we completely devastated the enemy. It was both a military and psychological victory, the seasoned NVAs were killed and the people in the remote countryside now thought we would win. But Walter Chronkite saw a different result from whereever in the rear he resided, and reported that we had just lost the war. The American people either believed him or wanted to believe him, and our leaders did not have the courage to quickly move to Hanoi.

    Thanks to all the Blue Dragon Brigade Marines, and the Tiger Division and White Horse Division warriors who contributed significantly to this great victory.

    My first assignment, in October 1967, was on a tiny but steep mountaintop outpost with the KMC recon platoon. Even there, they had crafted a little dojo behind the perimeter sandbags, a weight bench, fashioning weights from stone grinding wheels on a bamboo pole. When not on patrol, they practiced taekwando with a little judo thrown in, daily.

    Later with the three infantry companies of 3rd Bn, they also practiced daily when in the CP. There, there were some outstanding black belts, who would on occasion demonstrate for us all. The best of all was a very junior Marine with the 10th Company automatic weapons squad. He was so funny, always in trouble with his Ha Sa who would beat and kick him relentlessly until he would cry out for mercy. If the Ha Sa would stop and walk off, the guy would generally talk back one more time, and the beating would resume. I know many won't understand the humor in all this, you'd have to have been there. Of course the black belt champ could have taken down the Ha Sa easily.

    I'm an old fart, but if I can figure this site out, maybe I'll post some pics of those great Marines from 41 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwkfym View Post
    There is a reason why ROKMC was so sucessful in vietnam. There is a reason why vietnam, a military victory, ended up a losing war. There is a reason why the tet offensive, large and decisive military victory for the anti-communist forces, ended up being what cost them victory of the war.
  9. BadUglyMagic is offline
    BadUglyMagic's Avatar

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    393

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 2:01pm


     Style: slackerjitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Robstafarian View Post
    My problem with such slams, to take nothing away from ANGLICO, is that it reflects exactly the same problem in the history of the anti-Vietnam War movement that's reflected in Koreans' idea of what Americans are like: the shitheads (or in the case of Fonda, the mindless actresses) made the news.

    I don't want to start a big argument derailing this thread or starting a new one; I lost my tolerance for "those damned hippies hated the troops" talk after my American History teacher in a Texas high school declared that the First Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America doesn't apply to lawful and peaceful protest if it happens to criticize defense policy or--as was implied by her continued rambling--any other policy of a Republican administration. She had been building up to that speech throughout the week by way of tangential remarks, and I (politely) blew my top when she made the aforementioned statements.
    Are you saying that the Viet Nam war was a "Republican War" and US involvement was precipitated by Republicans?

    Yes, this is off topic.
  10. ANGLICO is offline

    Featherweight

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10

    Posted On:
    5/12/2009 2:10pm

    Bullshido Newbie
     Style: taekwondo - 40 years ago

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    Not at all

    The war was precipitated by Ho Chi Minh. I wasn't politically sophisticated enough at the age of 19, when I volunteered, to know or care about political parties. In fact I still don't care for either political party.

    All I'm saying is the ROK Marines were great human beings, great warriors, and if you trash them you don't know what you're talking about. Somebody went off on the political bent while being critical of my brothers, who are to me, heroes.

    I also concurred with dwkfym in his statement that we won a great victory in '68. Those who say otherwise weren't there, they've just read about it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BadUglyMagic View Post
    Are you saying that the Viet Nam war was a "Republican War" and US involvement was precipitated by Republicans?

    Yes, this is off topic.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.