Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 8:22am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That is indeed true in fact even carrying a combat weapon without reason is illegal, eg recent legislation on katanas

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 8:31am

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyShinyBurn
    The situation in US law is completely different than in the UK. In most States it's perfectly legal to arm yourself for self defence with a variety of weapons (pepper spray, small blades etc.) and, with a permit, firearms. The fact that these weapons are intended to harm your attacker does not, in itself, create legal liability, whereas in the UK you're technically committing a crime if you even intend to use anything you're carrying as a weapon.
    If you read my post you will notice that I say this, what I mean is that if a case were to be made against you it may not work in your favour and is an opportunity for the prosecutor to cross examine you on. That said it does seem that american law in some states has some in built protection for CCW licencees.

Bearing this in mind though, do swseibukan's students have this license to carry that push knife as without it that legal protection might not be there and what gets people in trouble with such incidents is often the way they state their case with the police..

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/10/2008 9:17am

Style: Ninjutsu/Isshinryu/BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In most areas, knives under 3.5" are legal to carry, without a permit as long as you're not "intent to go armed." However, I suspect a lawyer will have an easier time making the case I "intend to go armed" if I carry a push blade as opposed to a folder..
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456