Our Sponsors:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 2:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I did some training like this years ago. We called it Kobudo I think. You most definitely do prep for the blow. We started out taking shots to the legs and gut, then to the insides of the leg. It works best against karate guys and others who pull their punches sharply or are hitting at the target not through.

It is dangerous as hell, if you don't get the muscle action right with the scrotum as you pull up the boys can get tagged and thats no fun. I had one misadventure where I took a good shot to the liver. I dealt with it but i felt it for a while after.

the skill is in muscle control.... you tense only around where the blow is landing and relax everywhere else. It builds good conditioning but in a real fiasco you can't exerscize that type of muscle control. It is a good psychological tool because it does teach one to deal with a hit. We did the neck thing with shutos which are a lot more dangerous (smaller surface area hitting at the throat). And when we did the neck thing we made a sound like yesir yesir. This pulled the throat muscles up and over the trachia.

In our training we did not say it was chi. It was muscle control and on the big muscle groups it was conditioning.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 8:21am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have a friend who spent some time with the juko-kai (maybe a year). He said the trick to the kick to the groin was two fold.

1) you pidgin toe your legs and bring your knees in slightly.
    2) the attacker kicks you so his foot hits your ass thus cupping your balls and not striking them.

He never got to the point to learn any other strikes. They did do body hardening though and would beat their forarms on each other. I've watched a few of their classes and they do beat the **** out of each other but they do not have any sparing that I can see. My friend would frequently have huge burises on his inside legs, arms, and chest. The instructor who teaches around here is a real tough guy. Even my bjj coach respects him. Even if the art comes from BS, the guys around here at least are all tough guys and a lot of state and local police. We have also had some of them show up to our judo and bjj classes from time to time. For the most part the guys picked up on what we were doing fairly quickly, but they had a strange desire to throw themselves in judo that I never quite understood.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 8:30am

supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I have a friend who spent some time with the juko-kai (maybe a year). He said the trick to the kick to the groin was two fold.

1) you pidgin toe your legs and bring your knees in slightly.
    2) the attacker kicks you so his foot hits your ass thus cupping your balls and not striking them.
    That's roughly the same technique taught to actors and stunt performers for creating the illusion of a groin kick in fight scenes, except that they also tilt the pelvis forwards and upwards which helps to lift the most vulnerable area away from the kick.

Putting the "ow" back in "flowery technique"

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 8:52am

Style: CMA, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by almcg2
    There is a video on youtube showing an older Chinese Master, at a seminar, putting out a $5000 challenge to anyone who can knock him down. A very so-so kickboxer takes the challenge. Now... right before this the master was throwing everyone around using Qi Gong. He never touched anyone. Amazing!

Anyway, this young dude gets up, put on some gloves, knocks the old guy out. They payed him the $5000 too!
    That guy wasn't Chinese MA.

Administrator

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:10am

staff
     Style: xingyi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JingMerchant!

Guy i mentioned was pre-dominantly Bagua I believe....
    Xingyi, Bagua, and incoporation of Chen Tai Chi. Many credit his Xingyi with his supposed fighting skill. He was basically a fat guy. So, I think it was more his size than qi or anything of that nature. Still it is how you present it to the masses.

...has all your Jing.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 10:47am

supporting member
     Style: Judo, baby! Yeah!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake
    Xingyi, Bagua, and incoporation of Chen Tai Chi. Many credit his Xingyi with his supposed fighting skill. He was basically a fat guy. So, I think it was more his size than qi or anything of that nature. Still it is how you present it to the masses.
    i didn't know it was Chen tai chi he did.... Hell, live and learn. B.k credited Wang's supposed skill to his Bagua, I believe..... I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just offering what i'd learned.

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 11:23am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    That's roughly the same technique taught to actors and stunt performers for creating the illusion of a groin kick in fight scenes, except that they also tilt the pelvis forwards and upwards which helps to lift the most vulnerable area away from the kick.
    When you get proficient at the Kobudo stuff you learn to pull your sack up almost into your cavity down there.

Also what people do not realize is that nature provides.... specifically in your throat there are a tremendous amount of tissues. It is why sleep apnea is epidemic. What this means is that when you bring those tissues into play you can protect your throat area quite a bit.

One of the nice benefits of this training is that you learn how to properly strike those areas so you can do real damage. The groin is best hit from behind with a snapping motion. The throat is best struck coming up and under the line of sight of the victim of the strike. Coming up like this makes it so that those muscles and tissues cannot protect the throat properly.

The Plexis is best hit going down or upwards. Dwnwards gives maximum impact to the target, up is good because if you miss instead of driving the guy back and out of range you set him up for a shot to the throat or tip of the mandible (bottom hinge of jaw).

I enjoyed this training but when I think back on it I am glad I didn't get maimed or killed. If you **** up its a bad deal.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 1:39pm

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I always though the best groin attack would be your balls sandwiched between the incoming shin of my kick and your leg/hip joint. That way the get squished, slamed, and popped.
    "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Posted On:
    5/06/2008 9:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Finding You

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Taking shots anywhere, eh? That claims has been made by others, too.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123