Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 3:51am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: nothing as of yet

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA training in adelaide, australia

hi i'm new here.. but i'm interested in doing MMA tournaments in the future.. i'm currently 20 yrs old and haven't done any martial arts training whatsoever.. but want to at least do it.. if going into tournaments are impossible (too late because of my age) at least i want to be an excellent fighter inside or outside of the cage.. however i don't know which practice or gym are actually competent enough in adelaide.. i've read around and have been told that there are many lowsy gyms/classes around and have to be careful..

i live very close to the city of adelaide and prefer if the gym locations is around these area.. and was thinking of maybe doing Muaythai/BJJ combination at the ABS extreme combat OR doing kravmaga/bjj at SDtactics.. but i'm not sure if these gyms are good.. so if someone could recommend me a gym that i can practice so i can achieve my dream of becoming an MMA fighter it would be great..

so yeah i live in adelaide South Australia :D.. and i don't mind any martial arts at all.. as long as it is practicable both on the cage and also real life :).. i was particularly interested in krav but alot of people actually said that krav isn't really a good practice, and more bs than anything.. so yeah please help guys!!

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 6:37am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

MMA training in adelaide, australia

hi i'm new here.. and i think i posted to the wrong forum before.. but i'm interested in doing MMA tournaments in the future.. i'm currently 20 yrs old and haven't done any martial arts training whatsoever.. but want to at least do it.. if going into tournaments are impossible (too late because of my age) at least i want to be an excellent fighter inside or outside of the cage.. however i don't know which practice or gym are actually competent enough in adelaide.. i've read around and have been told that there are many lowsy gyms/classes around and have to be careful..

i live very close to the city of adelaide and prefer if the gym locations is around these area.. and was thinking of maybe doing Muaythai/BJJ combination at the ABS extreme combat OR doing kravmaga/bjj at SDtactics.. but i'm not sure if these gyms are good.. so if someone could recommend me a gym that i can practice so i can achieve my dream of becoming an MMA fighter it would be great..

so yeah i live in adelaide South Australia :D.. and i don't mind any martial arts at all.. as long as it is practicable both on the cage and also real life :).. i was particularly interested in krav but alot of people actually said that krav isn't really a good practice, and more bs than anything.. so yeah please help guys!!

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 6:43am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, welcome. You're right, this should be in newbie town. I imagine one of the mods will see to that shortly. Make sure you read all those stickies and such.

My first bit of advice would be to go in and check out the gyms near you that you're interested in. Ask them about achieving your individual goals and wether ir not they compete in tournaments. If these gyms have websites provide the links and we can get more of an idea of what they're about.

Welcome.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 7:02am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ok..

here's the two that i'm looking at.. well i was looking into krav maga as many ppl recommend it.. but i've also seen many MA practitioner hates it and say its a girly system and any other system would beat it to death..

i believed that MMA is all about conditioning, etc.? well i don't only want to focus in krav but i also want to take on BJJ as they offer it in this gym (http://www.sdtactics.com.au/)... so yeah do you think this is a good fighting system? and yes assuming that i train hard (mostly around 1-3hrs a day --> usually i do 1-2 hrs of weights and cardio in the gym) then do 1 hr punchingbags, skipping, kicking, speedballs, and also other things) and ontop of this i would like to do techniques hence why im asking for a good gym (this is perday).. do you think this is enough training for me if i want to compete? but on the current state i cant do more as i have uni

ohh and one more thing.. these are the gyms i'm looking at
    http://www.sdtactics.com.au/
    http://www.extremecombat.com.au/

Here to kick your ass.

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 7:23am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bc-05
    ok..

here's the two that i'm looking at.. well i was looking into krav maga as many ppl recommend it.. but i've also seen many MA practitioner hates it and say its a girly system and any other system would beat it to death..

i believed that MMA is all about conditioning, etc.?
    Not really, would depend on the gym. Many would (and should) have fittness conditioning as a part of the training i imagine.

ohh and one more thing.. these are the gyms i'm looking at
    http://www.sdtactics.com.au/
    http://www.extremecombat.com.au/
    I had a quick look
    The SDT one looks a bit off to me. Intro lessons cost you money, and they should really allow trial lessons free IMO. While its fitness, krav and BJJ classes look ok so depends on what the gyms and instructors are like

The ExCombat one looks a little more solid. Mention and pics of comps, decent timetable and trail lessons offered. I would look into that one more myself, it seems a better choice. Go in, take the trial lesson and ask your questions.

But visit both gyms if you can, find out prices and if there is contracts or anything silly like that.

Chaos? Panic?... Disorder??
    .........................​My work here is done.

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 11:14am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't post the same thread in multiple forums. Thanks.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 11:53am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    sorry i just thought this one was more appropriate :( you can remove the one in the newbie section thanks as it doesn't get any reply :(

Prophet of Apathy

Posted On:
    5/03/2008 5:33pm

Style: MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If MMA is what you're interested in forget about Krav, even if they mix in a bit of BJJ. The other school looks legit enough. They seem to have a fight team and enter tournaments. Between the two of them I'd say there's no contest.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/04/2008 1:00am

Style: Sticks & Jits & Fritz

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Abs Extreme combat would be the best place if your looking in the city for mma. SD tactics would be ok if your goal wasn't competing.

Posted On:
    5/04/2008 6:40am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by wikidbounce
    Abs Extreme combat would be the best place if your looking in the city for mma. SD tactics would be ok if your goal wasn't competing.
    yeh mate.. city would be great.. but the thing is that i haven't done any MMA trainings or even any martial arts before.. but i would like to train for 1 yr before i go to competition :).. u think i could join up now and build my conditioning? or i should join a gym first before i join the ABS combat?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast