Sponsored Links Spacer Image

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 11:20am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    While I was watching the fight I thought Dante would lose, but in retrospect it makes sense.

The other guy punched ineffectively. Even in terms of damage, he didn't do jack crap. Not to mention he essentially fought the entire fight on his back; I think this was a contributing factor to his ineffective striking.

The fact that Dante could get takedowns whenever he wanted and generally took no real damage is what etched him the win. I was disappointed in the other guy; he looked so effin tough, I thought for sure he'd jump out there and smash Dante's penis inside out.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 11:58am

Style: Hapkido, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I thought this episode was pretty boring, but I am definitely looking forward to the next fight.

This Jeremy May character apparently thinks they're all still in high school. His actions and comments make him out to be a douchebag.

"I really miss having sex 2-3 times a day."

Yeah, we get it, you're a badass who gets all the bitches.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 12:03pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    lol i love the fact that there is a character on this TUF or else it would be twice as boring as every other TUF. he brings people to either see if he can back it up or just to hope he gets his ass kicked.

Community Corrections Officer

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 12:23pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, TKD BB

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I definitely thought Dante won the 3rd round. He got... the other dude (his name escapes me) under side control for most of the round and did thrown some weak GnP. But, I gave the first 2 to the other guy and think he should have won. Yes, Dante got takedowns. But he did NOTHING with them, and the other guy escaped or reversed them while being much more active from the bottom. He also got the better of the standup. I also think that guy could have won decisively if he had let his hands go, especially in round two. Easier said than done, though, I know.

And, LOL @ May. Whata d-bag. My only problem now is I want May to lose, but would like to see Rampage get a win.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 12:38pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yea there were some of mays teamates saying they wanted to see may pounded for 2 rounds and squeak out a sub or something haha.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 1:18pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I gave the third to the guy who won. You can throw strikes from the bottom but if they don't make a difference, you got put on your ass and did nothing.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 2:45pm

Style: boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I find funny is, that even when the fight is bad, and the editors/producers/directors etc. know it's a bad fight, they still put those "I'm going to fight until I die / I don't tap / He better bring his A-game / I have thunder in my hands and rock salt in my pants / Growing up on the street I had to fight homeless ex-Navy Seals for every crust of bread in bitter knife fights to the death, that were suspended fifty feet above a pit of fire using nun-chucks made of poisonous snakes, and that's why I'm going to win" interviews in front of the first round. Who exactly do they think they're fooling? Are we the audience supposed to be so strongly influenced by the promo that we forget we are watching a dull fight?

For shame Spike TV, for shame.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 3:20pm

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't understand why octagon control is weighted so highly. I would have given it to Dante easily if he at least threw strikes.

There needs to be a category for desire to finish.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 3:29pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Throwing strikes from underneath is not trying to finish.

Posted On:
    5/02/2008 4:50pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kismasher
    while the fight was definitely not a "crowd-pleaser" and wouldn't fill Dana's bitchy pockets, i didn't hate it. it reminded of fights from a few years ago, grapplers grinding out decisions against strikers while the audience booed.

don't hate the player, hate the game.

also, where was all this damage that was supposedly handed out. i didn't even see a busted lip or significant swelling from all those elbows.
    Much as Dana White seems like a prick, he is interested in promoting exciting fights. That fight had all the excitement of a high school wrestling match, and was judged just like one. The other annoying thing is the guy that stalled and "won" played it up like he was Matt Danzig "I've trained with much better guys, etc". Then, when it's time to deliver the goods, he fights not to lose, not fights to win. Anyway, the next fight should be exciting, but who knows. From what I can tell, it'll be over fast- or else, why would there be a "bonus fight"?

PS maybe May's whole plan has been a psych job, and he'll win in devastating fashion. You never know.
    "Coffee is for Closers" GlenGarry Glenross
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 12 3 LastLast