Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 11:48am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Dream 2 - Apr. 29, 2008

Was that the date for it? I didn't even remember to remember this at all!

Anyways here are some pictures I found.

MAGIC PANTS!

Official results are here is you must: http://dreamofficial.com/

Anyone see it?
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 11:54am

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't have a tv in my room so I missed it- however I got to see some clips on daily motion. from the little that I have seen, it looks like DREAM 2 was a success. Hopefully this is a trend of things to come. I'll pm you a site with some of the fights up.
    Last edited by nightowl; 4/29/2008 11:56am at .

solves problems with violence

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 12:00pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo, Hung Family Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    god dammit! i'll be in japan on the 2nd. tried to adjust the plans to make it to this but the tickets were absurd and i got tickets to see a shooto event on the 3rd in tokyo instead.

i have to download that ****, pronto!
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 12:10pm

Style: BJJ, Judo, SAMBO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HDNet will be broadcasting the event in the US this weekend, I believe.

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 12:15pm

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How much is a ticket for one of these things going nowadays? I was thinking of catching the next K-1 if it isn't too far away.

Submitting 1d6 Investigators per round

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 12:42pm

supporting member
     Style: ZHOO ZHITSU

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming Loyalist
    god dammit! i'll be in japan on the 2nd. tried to adjust the plans to make it to this but the tickets were absurd and i got tickets to see a shooto event on the 3rd in tokyo instead.

i have to download that ****, pronto!
    You think you're annoyed? I:m in Japan right now, and I still had to stream the event because the ryokan I:m staying in didn:t have the channel it:s broadcasting on.

Anyway, regarding the event itself - SPOILERS

the Dong match was pretty cool, and Zelg Galesic's post fight interview of "Yeah, after I got armbarred by Dong I realized I should probably work on this 'ground game' thing" was funny, but DREAM 2 overall was pretty underwhelming. Jacare and Saku subbed their inexperienced opponents as expected, Denis Kang got put in a triangle he had no business getting put into, Aoki blatantly cheated while doing very impressive ground work on the way to a win, and Minowa fucking sucked.

Seriously, didn't Minowa used to be a reasonably good middleweight when he wasn't fighting freakshows? You wouldn't think it watching this match. Kin isn't even good and he still made Minowa look terrible.
    Undisputed KING OF ASSHOLES.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 1:11pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How did Aoki cheat?
    I found the fights on dailymotion but haven't watched yet and didn't read anything about him cheating.

Gold Summit Martial Arts Institute

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 1:42pm

Style: Ba Zheng Dao Quan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What was the full card?

Authentic Kung Fu in Buffalo, NY

http://www.buffalokungfu.com

http://www.laoshierinmarkle.com

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 2:12pm

Style: Chinese Martial Arts

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    You think you're annoyed? I:m in Japan right now, and I still had to stream the event because the ryokan I:m staying in didn:t have the channel it:s broadcasting on.

Anyway, regarding the event itself - SPOILERS

the Dong match was pretty cool, and Zelg Galesic's post fight interview of "Yeah, after I got armbarred by Dong I realized I should probably work on this 'ground game' thing" was funny, but DREAM 2 overall was pretty underwhelming. Jacare and Saku subbed their inexperienced opponents as expected, Denis Kang got put in a triangle he had no business getting put into, Aoki blatantly cheated while doing very impressive ground work on the way to a win, and Minowa fucking sucked.

Seriously, didn't Minowa used to be a reasonably good middleweight when he wasn't fighting freakshows? You wouldn't think it watching this match. Kin isn't even good and he still made Minowa look terrible.
    Yeah, I dunno wassup with Minowa now. He used to be a legit fighter a few years ago, but I guess all the freak show bouts winded him out a bit. Overall, I think it was an alright event. I LOVE the presentation of everything though. Like a PRIDE 2.0 so far!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 2:49pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hui_Xiu
    What was the full card?

Shinya Aoki defeats Gesias "JZ" Calvancante via unanimous decision

Taiei Kin defeats Ikuhisa Minowa via unanimous decision

Dong Sik Yoon defeats Shungo Oyama via unanimous decision

Zelg Galesic defeats Magomed Sultanakhmedov via submission (armbar) in round one

Ronaldo "Jacare" Souza defeats Ian Murphy via submission (rear naked choke) in round one

Kiyoshi Tamura defeats Masakatsu Funaki via technical knockout (strikes) in round one

Gegard Mousasi defeats Denis Kang via submission (triangle choke) in round one

Kazushi Sakuraba defeats Andrews Nakahara via submission (neck crank) in round one

Wow, do you guys know what this means? We're finally gonna have that highly anticipated Sakuraba vs Tamura bout.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast