224827 Bullies, 3297 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 51
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. pauli is offline

    i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    herndon, va, usa
    Posts
    3,521

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:04pm

    supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    The JJ class is the only thing offered in this fucking city, that has any ground game, so it is either take it or leave it.
    ...and what city might that be?
  2. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:08pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    @pauli
    Some tiny German city ;)

    @The Q
    I am not an idiot OK? I have 10 years of MAs exp. and I can figure out stuff on my own, if know what I am looking for. The problem is, most of my exp. on the ground is based on throwing my opponent or knock him off his feet and then work my way to anything from there. It was always a follow up technique where my opponent was on the back. Now I am the poor guy on the back.
  3. Kentucky Fried Chokin is offline
    Kentucky Fried Chokin's Avatar

    Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    5,450

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:14pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by f4n4n
    @pauli
    Some tiny German city ;)

    @The Q
    I am not an idiot OK? I have 10 years of MAs exp. and I can figure out stuff on my own, if know what I am looking for. The problem is, most of my exp. on the ground is based on throwing my opponent or knock him off his feet and then work my way to anything from there. It was always a follow up technique where my opponent was on the back. Now I am the poor guy on the back.
    So it sounds like you already know the answer to your own question.
  4. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:16pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    1)
    Stop worrying abut submissions, don't even bother going for them. If your issues is sweeps just work sweeps and don't worry about triangles and such

    2)
    If the guys that much bigger and pushes you down, look for online instructional on butterfly and spider guard and other sweeps that show you how to position and use your legs.

    This is assuming there's no option of better ground training.
  5. vinhthekid is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,944

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:21pm


     Style: BJJ/MMA

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ... you are an idiot.

    you might have a base in standup, but you DONT have a base in grappling unless you're a wrestler or a sambo player and you haven't told us.
  6. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:25pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - Joe
    1)
    Stop worrying abut submissions, don't even bother going for them. If your issues is sweeps just work sweeps and don't worry about triangles and such

    2)
    If the guys that much bigger and pushes you down, look for online instructional on butterfly and spider guard and other sweeps that show you how to position and use your legs.

    This is assuming there's no option of better ground training.
    Thanks, for the hint, I will get into this and ask again if I have some specific issues with the stuff.
  7. jnp is offline
    jnp's Avatar

    Titanium laced beauty

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,230

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:29pm

    supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As previously mentioned, it's hard to give you advice over the net because we can't see what you're doing wrong.

    Joe is right though. Stop worrying about subs right now and work for sweeps instead. Ask your instructor to show you some, or worse, watch videos that feature sweeps.

    Also, try to never be flat on your back while in guard. Stay on your side or sit up to butterfly.
  8. Goju - Joe is offline
    Goju - Joe's Avatar

    I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,856

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:32pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jnp

    Also, try to never be flat on your back while in guard. Stay on your side or sit up to butterfly.

    Yes listen to JNP it only took me a YEAR to really learn this.
  9. ignatzami is offline
    ignatzami's Avatar

    l Travel To Get Choked!

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,849

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:33pm


     Style: Judo, BJJ

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    your in Germany and there is NO Judo/Wrestling/Sambo/Catch or BJJ? I can't believe that. If you have a school around you see if they have a wrestling team. Go with that if all else fails.

    Judo is everywhere..... tells us where you live someone on here will be able to find a school.
  10. M.C. is offline
    M.C.'s Avatar

    This is all I do: girls, photography and BJJ...

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sao Paulo (BJJ Motherland!)
    Posts
    3,643

    Posted On:
    4/30/2008 2:34pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: KeyboardHero/CameraJutsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah I know it is not the way to learn MA stuff over the internet or by video but since I have no other options at hand right now, I can either try it or keep on ignoring ground game at all and this is not what I want to do.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.