223627 Bullies, 4152 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3910111213 14151617 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 3:09pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm going to have to disagree with the majority of you out there. I actually gave Tito the first two rounds because he controlled the ring 95% of the time. "Agression and Octogon control" are a part of the scoring, and Machida seemed to do just about zero in that area.

I'd give points all day to the fighter trying to do something who fails, over the guy who simply does nothing.

1) Machida doesn't just do the same thing over and over again. He uses footwork, strategy, feints, and sudden bursts of aggression to make opponents unable to predict his movements.
    Machida was fucking boring.

Listen, I love watching a guy counter and pick someone apart, but Machida capitalized what, once with 10 seconds to go in the first? And once with a minute left in the 3rd? That's not enough of a counter game to me. While Tito didn't "beat" Machida at his game, Machida didn't "beat" Tito either at Tito's game either. I'd give the fight to the guy who at least tried to accomplish something.

Other than that, I was supposed to watch this at a BW3, and I think I'm never going to make that retarded mistake again. There were about 20 of us going, but guess what? The Red Wings are in the playoffs so they weren't showing UFC anywhere in Michigan. Nice notifying anyone, asshats. So I ended up going to Hooters (alone too, because my church friends are all spineless dicks who are too scared to go to a Hooters) and having a great time because the crowd is better and the waitresses are easy on the eyes.

Buffalo Wild Wings can suck my dick (and so can my hott waitress last night, ya know, if she wants),

Dagon

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 3:16pm

Style: Koryu Budo, Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by nameless44
    Another reason for the Machida man love?

Liver shots.

Double kicks (sorry, no clip)

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 3:21pm

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everyone's allowed to have an opinion, even if it's wrong.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 3:32pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ^^^^ I tell my students that a lot.

I also tell them: "There are no stupid questions...

...only really stupid people."

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 4:16pm

Style: Pekiti, ARMA, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin

Listen, I love watching a guy counter and pick someone apart, but Machida capitalized what, once with 10 seconds to go in the first? And once with a minute left in the 3rd? That's not enough of a counter game to me. While Tito didn't "beat" Machida at his game, Machida didn't "beat" Tito either at Tito's game either. I'd give the fight to the guy who at least tried to accomplish something.
    Machida was landing leg kicks and body shots at will, as well as kicking tito in the head. If one dude is hitting other guy, and not getting hit back, he's in control of the ring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 5:04pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah, Tito was shooting on air at several points while Machida was tuning him up with a whole mess of strikes. If his GNP was a bit better, he would have finished it after that liver shot in the 3rd.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 6:47pm

Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This was a damn good PPV, Thiago made an impressive comeback, Wandy proved why he is the Axe Murderer, Goran was quite impressive in his UFC debut, Penn vs Sherk was a good fight.

About the Machida/Ortiz bout, I still don't see how this can be considered boring in my opinion, true it wasn't a slugfest nor an engaging fight but it was exciting in its own way, I was suprised at how Machida kept it together and was even more suprised when Machida took Ortiz down near the end of the first round. I personally thought Ortiz would be the favorite to win this. Props to Machida, I agree he needs to be more aggressive in the future but so far I don't consider him to be boring.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 6:59pm

Style: Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by selfcritical
    1) Machida doesn't just do the same thing over and over again. He uses footwork, strategy, feints, and sudden bursts of aggression to make opponents unable to predict his movements.
    Or he runs from his opponent, frustrates them into trying to force a fight, which makes them do stupid things, which he capitalizes on. honestly, had this been pride, he would have been yellow-carded for that level of passivity.

2) Because he has actually technical counters to everything that happens, and shrugs off takedown attempts by goddamn tito ortiz and soku
    I think his ability to shrug off tito ortiz was impressive. i give machida credit for that, but shrugging off a takedown hardly qualifies as exciting. soku, on the other hand, i still don't see what the big deal is. soku had some quick knockouts, impressive for sure, but we haven't really seen anything in terms of takedown ability. we've seen his takedown defense, but nothing really as far as takedown ability. and, from what i remember, soku lacked any significant ground game while machida was in his half-guard. soku, if anything, is overrated.

3) He can take down or put away some pretty goddamn tough guys when he feels like it.
    sorry, 8 of his 13 wins were via decision, 5 of which were in his last 6 fights. that doesn't exactly scream "finisher" to me. the most exciting part of this last fight is when he caught Tito with that knee, nearly finished Tito, but almost ended up getting submitted by Tito instead.

machida is good at what he does, but it is a very conservative style of fighting that I think is on par with Sylvia in terms of boring.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 9:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagon Akujin
    my church friends are all spineless dicks who are too scared to go to a Hooters)
    So they're cool with people punching each other in the head for entertainment, but breasts are just plain wrong?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 10:17pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: SKK

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To say he's boring is hilarious. His decision last night was easily more compelling than watching BJ jab Sherk to death for 14 and some odd minutes before scoring a knee.

Having gone back and watched that triangle several times, it wasn't anything to be concerned about.