Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/21/2008 4:25am

Style: Kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    IMO bj will win by RNC in the 3rd...so i agree with whoever else said that first. Anyone saying BJ has always had cardio but just lost to Hughes and GSP is delusional. Maybe I'm just a cardio-nut-hugger and want to believe BJ has improved it, but dropping to LW and working his cardio has definitely been apparent in his past 2 fights to me.

Bear in mind...I was not a BJ fan b/c I always thought he was a slacker...a very talented one, but still a slacker. The dude even admits he used to train pretty much purely technique and not much else b/c he thought he was too good for everyone. Now that he's smartened up a little I actually like him more as a fighter...and his pre-fight banter is more tolerable to me.

Even if BJ does not win by sub., at worst, he'll have to go all 5 rounds and win by decision...but if this happens, I say the last 2 rounds will be BO-RING...Sherk layin' and prayin' on BJ. Pre-cardio BJ would have lost in this scenario, but post-cardio BJ will hold him from TKO.

In Sherk's defence...I don't care how much boxing BJ has, Franca's 3 flush knees didn't knock him down. I don't think BJs punches will wobble him. I say no armbar either...as convincing as that hilarious T-Rex pic. may be. Damn, that is funny! Sherk's only chance IMO is TKO by G n' P, but I don't think BJ's new cardio will allow that game plan to materialize.

Personally, I'm torn, I really do like Sherk at 155, he's got more exciting fights b/c his height/reach disadvantage is much less now. But I do like BJ now too since he's been more focused on being a proper fighter. Not just a talented wise-ass.

Either way, I'm lookin' forward to this one!

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:19am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Gracie Barra JiuJitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    all my picks for the promoted card were victorious.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:20am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Same. Man that was a great card. It's good to see Wand back to breaking people and Tito getting liver shotted.

Rowsdower!

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:24am

Join us... or die
     Style: On Hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Don't you mean to say that Tito was struck with "DA LEEVER SHOT?"

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:32am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Best UFC fight card in recent memory. Penn's gameplan was awesome. The crowd at the Buffalo Wild Wings I was forced to watch the PPV at actually loved the Tito/Machida fight. I thought it was hilarious, entertaining, and awesome, but I expected West Texans to hate it. Hope springs eternal . . .
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Octopussy!

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:32am

Join us... or die
     Style: Striking/Grappling/Poking

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Tito almost submitted Machida off his back with a triangle.'

But I guess stranger things have happend.

No, not really.

Also, someone should start a spoiler thread with results and ****. That way cats don't start bitchin'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:34am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL at Yves Lavigne taking himself down

Lightweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:45am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/VT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric
    LOL at Yves Lavigne taking himself down
    That one got a lot of cheers from us!

Showed 4 out of 6 undercard fights as well, some good stuff. Best card in awhile.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 12:57am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That heavyweight fight has gotta be the knockout of the year.

King of the Impossible

Posted On:
    5/25/2008 1:05am

supporting member
     Style: Grapplomancer

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I saw this at Hooters. After the Tito Machida fight, I went to pee, and after I initiate fluid evacuation, this dude walks in with his tap out shirt and hat, and slams the door. This scares me mid pee stream, which shoots it almost out of the urinal. Next I hear, "Man, that's some BULLSHIT. Tito was chasing his ass the entire time, that other fag was just running away like a fag! Fucking BULLSHIT." I recognize his voice as the man that has been screaming TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO for the past 10 minutes. I finish my pee and decide to initiate a light conversation with this knowledgeable fellow.

"Tito lost because he couldn't do anything."

"I know! He couldn't do anything cause that fag kept running! Like a scared little bitch!"

"But what about where he kneed the sweet god out of him, and where he molested him with kicks, and stopped his takedown attempts?"

"Look man, when you go out there, you go out there to FIGHT. Not run around like a little **** fag. Just because you can stop that take down it doesn't mean ****, and those kicks were fag kicks. That knee was just fuckin lucky."

He begins to pee. I wash my hands, I see him start to drool as he pees into the urinal. Confused, I leave the rest room.
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 11121314 ... LastLast