Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 5:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ADM
    I'd like to see Okami have a shot at the title, if anything Silva needs to get that loss off his back (a shitty loss, but it was still a loss).

As for Franklin not 'being in' their second encounter ... horseshit. Franklin was going fine up until 2 moments that I noticed.

1. He copped that jumping spinning back kick right in the gut.
    2. He copped that knee shortly after.

The back kick surely would have knocked some wind out of Franklin and the knee solidified Andersons victory.

To say Hendo did better doesn't make much sense to me, he was using his wrestling well and got in some good body shots with his knee, but that's about it, second round I had no idea what he was doing (since the first round seemed to work in his favour more so).
    well, henderson managed a takedown, held side control, and dropped a couple of dozen fists on silva for the last couple of minutes of the first; if not for the bell, he'd probably have mauled silva in perpetuity. I don't recall franklin having a moment's real advantage in either fight. silva's pretty obviously going to win the standup against either guy, but henderson at least showed the ability to take the fight to the ground and win in that range (at least until he got careless & decided to trade; after he caught that knee, he was done). if he fights a little smarter, I think he could do it; it's pretty clear franklin can't at this point.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 7:46pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Van
    Well so is talking about Lutter then since he got cut from the UFC.
    Ouch. Missed that.

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 7:55pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Why / when did Lutter get cut?

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 11:12pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Question
    What the **** are you guys talking about? This matchup would suck. Hendo and Franklin are very similar fighters. It would be like watching to blunt intstruments smash into each other to find out which is touhger.

Yuck.
    That is exactly why I want to see this match.
    I'm picturing you drooling onto the keyboard as you type, one eye rotating independent of the other as your hands mash the keys. - Sophist

i keep tryin to spar, but nothin happens!

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: karate / bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    someone over at fightlinker suggested that the ufc should create some sort of "intercontinental belt" for franklin and henderson to fight over. both are potential champions, and yet neither has any business getting into the cage with anderson silva again.

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 11:59pm

Style: Kyokushin Karate / BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli
    someone over at fightlinker suggested that the ufc should create some sort of "intercontinental belt" for franklin and henderson to fight over. both are potential champions, and yet neither has any business getting into the cage with anderson silva again.
    And ... what would stop Silva from getting that belt too?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 12:29am

Style: Crappling (BJJ Hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauli

Woooah there Brobra. Watch round 1 of Hendo vs Silva again. Hendo very much has a chance against tehspider11!! again. Silva is good. No denying that, but Hendo could catch him.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 5:35am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G8
    (at least until he got careless & decided to trade; after he caught that knee, he was done)
    I'd have to watch it again, but I'm pretty sure he was trying to punch his way inside so he could take him down again, not trade shots.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 7:22am

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've said it once and I'll say it again...Franklin, coach Tonya Harding and a steel pipe to the knees of Silva...that's his best game plan to win that belt!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/01/2008 11:20am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Since Hendo, Franklin, and Lutter don't stand any chance alone as they are, why not just let the three of them have a tag team? Hendo goes in and takes Silva down, then Silva stays there until Hendo tags Lutter in who proceeds to pass Silva's guard and mount him, then when Lutter gets too tired to finish, Silva waits while Lutter tags in Ace who works his GnP and finishes the fight.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 5 LastLast