Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 3:31pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by fatherdog
    Aoki blatantly cheated while doing very impressive ground work on the way to a win
    Do you mean the shots to the back/top of the head? Otherwise, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about.

Oh and Fist, you should probably have put SPOILERS somewhere into your post or just posted the card and not the fucking results.

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 3:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I didn't see where he cheated either please show me:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0iHDRSNO-I

Portrait of a BJJer as a Young Man

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 3:36pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 6:22pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Calvancante had this expression on his face which said "Will you please fight like a fucking normal person". Aoki reversing the normal logic of GnP with upkicks from the DLR guard was the best part.

With Kang gone the MW tournament belongs to Jacare. He was the only one with a decent shot at avoiding getting taken down and horribly brutalised.
    Last edited by PointyShinyBurn; 4/29/2008 6:51pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 6:27pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dang, Kang is a beast but what the heck was that **** all about? Did he get paid to get a dive or what? He does a textbook takedown, proceeds to half guard, then side control, then GET'S THE ARM IN A KIMURA, doesn't place the feet properly, heck, he doesn't look he's even trying to pull his arm up and then flies straight into a triangle from which he could have escaped but somehow chose not to...well, I don't do mma, but from a bjj point of view I saw some Jeckyll and Hyde stuff going on that ring with Kang! Maybe he's mentally blocked from the Akyama ko?

Featherweight

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 6:32pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: jiu jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    shinya aoki is fucking insane. always stoked to watch him fight.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/29/2008 6:39pm

Style: BJJ(blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sakuraba...in the words of Joe Karate: " I fuxxxxx love yus to death but you got to go!" That fight was a walk in the park and he still looked gassed and battered. Tip to Nakahara, buy a grappling book...any book will do, even a bad one. Learn about the guard, learn takedowns and come again next year.

Aoki and JZ...well, if I had put so money on this fight I would have lost for sure! It seems magic pants are the root of his grapplig prowess, the spectrum of shinny colors dazzle the other fighters allowing them to see what he want's them to see. I thought JZ had "the anti magic pants!" , crap...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 1:49am

Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't recall ever seeing a fight where upkicks were used like that. Aoki must have some amazing grip to pull that off.

And Saku needs to retire soon, or fight even more tomatoey cans so he doesn't die in the ring.

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 1:58am

Style: Ronin wannabe

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokujin
    Sakuraba...in the words of Joe Karate: " I fuxxxxx love yus to death but you got to go!" That fight was a walk in the park and he still looked gassed and battered. Tip to Nakahara, buy a grappling book...any book will do, even a bad one. Learn about the guard, learn takedowns and come again next year.

Aoki and JZ...well, if I had put so money on this fight I would have lost for sure! It seems magic pants are the root of his grapplig prowess, the spectrum of shinny colors dazzle the other fighters allowing them to see what he want's them to see. I thought JZ had "the anti magic pants!" , crap...
    I was actually pretty impressed by Nakahara's TD defense and ability to stand back up given that he's a grappling noob. He's got a good future if he gets some BJJ. I was also glad to see Saku in a stance that could actually protect his battered head for once.

JZ just had bad strategy...why the hell would you try to GnP Aoki? Every time he flopped and butt-scooted, JZ should've made him stand up.

Smart money's definitely on Aoki and Jacare for their respective tournaments.

Gnarly King of Half-Guard

Posted On:
    4/30/2008 4:15am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Off
    JZ just had bad strategy...why the hell would you try to GnP Aoki? Every time he flopped and butt-scooted, JZ should've made him stand up.
    Thing is, every time he got within six feet Aoki pulled guard on him, there was no chance to hit him. He backed out when he could and kicked Aoki's legs rather than dive back in. When Aoki started up-kicking more effectively than he could strike down he really didn't have any options left.

I can't even begin to process the awesomeness of sealing a decision with repeated guard pulling.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12 345 LastLast