Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Surf'n USA Peedee style

2nd Subway Surfer Dies

By Daryl Khan
    Staff Writer

November 20, 2003, 4:58 PM EST

The second of two SUNY Maritime College students who slammed into a bridge while riding atop an elevated subway in the Bronx last week has died, officials said yesterday. Brian Hochstetter, 21, was critically injured when his head hit the Whitlock Avenue bridge and died Tuesday, a hospital spokeswoman said.

"We did everything we could," said Jacobi Medical Center spokeswoman Nancy McPartlin. "We tried. We really tried everything we could to help that family and their son. Our hearts go out to them." Hochstetter and Christopher Loughrey, a friend and classmate, were riding on the northbound No. 6 train on Oct. 20 after a night in Greenwich Village with two other classmates.

Loughrey and Hochstetter climbed on to the back cars and were surfing when they collided with a steel girder of the Whitlock Avenue bridge, while the two other classmates stayed on the train.

Loughrey, 22, died of a fractured skull immediately. He was buried Monday. The conductor discovered Hochstetter between the last two cars of the train. His friends pulled him in to the train and went for help. He was rushed to Jacobi Medical Center, where he was being treated for head wounds since he was admitted. The pair served a term at sea on the Empire State VI, one of the school's training ships.

Hochstetter showed signs of improvement in the days immediately after the accident, but succumbed to his injuries and died Tuesday afternoon. Hochstetter worked as a deckhand on the Sea Queen, a party fishing boat out of Sheepshead Bay, a family member said. Relatives said they had not yet made any funeral arrangements.

http://www.nynewsday.com/news/local/...eadlines-crime
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Registered Member

Posted On:
    11/23/2003 9:33pm

Style: BJJ and MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of them was my friends roommate an the other was a close friend of his.

I restore the Balance

Posted On:
    11/24/2003 12:35pm

Join us... or die
     Style: I wear pants

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Originally posted by Berserk411
    One of them was my friends roommate an the other was a close friend of his.
    Not anymore. :D
    Kungfoolss, Scourge of the theory-based stylists, Most Feared man at Bullshido.com, and the Preeminent Force in the martial arts political arena

Posted On:
    11/24/2003 12:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's probably why he used the past tense.

WEIGHTING

Posted On:
    11/24/2003 1:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lord have mercy. That must have been quite a rush before the impact.

I am certain this is not going to happen again.